FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX][ZIP] 2 cores only - Recover your 4 cores - Mi 3/4/Note - MIUI 8+ - Nasus v15.4

368 posts
Thanks Meter: 175

By Arthur King, Senior Member on 17th June 2017, 05:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello! First of all, my english is not the best so ill try to do it quickly. Some of you may know, or maybe not, but on MIUI only 2 cores works by default, to get the 4 cores working you need to use the "Performance" profile on battery settings, so, you can fix this with any custom kernel, or now, you can flash this zip.

This will enable your 4 cores to being used when you need them without using the "Performance" profile, plus you will get some optimizations that i added so you will feel MIUI like you never done before. Well, lets go for it!

This fix works for MI 3 and MI 4

Things that fix do:
- Allows you to use the 4 core and not only 2
- Better multitasking(Follow recomendations steps)
- Stops some useless services
- Tweaks the VM for better performance
- Tune-up the Interactive Governor for battery without losing performance

Latest Version

Now there is two versions, one a bit focused on battery and the other on performance so, youre free to test and choose

Battery: http://www.mediafire.com/file/moidap...us_v15_Bat.zip

(Updated) Performance: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bmcuu3...asus_v15.4.zip

Note: If you are comming from any verson after 8.2 of the fix you can just flash the latest version without any problem. Or if its your first time flashing this just go for the latest version.

Apps to test this
CPU Float: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...daaan.cpufloat

With this app you can see that by default MIUI only uses 2 cores and when the battery temperature gets kinda high(which is most of time) the frecuency locks at 1.19 ghz, with the fix the frecuency will step down the frec one by one so you wont feel the lag that hard and it wont overheat that easy as usually MIUI do.

Instalation:
Just flash it on TWRP, you dont need to wipe anything.

Recomendations:
Go to delevoper settings and turn off Memory Optimization so the fix will work perfect without any MIUI locks.
Turning off MIUI Optimizations its optional since it do not change anything to the fix, its just if you have problems with some apps, that will be because of the MIUI optimizations. Turning off this will also allow you to make your MIUI more like android stock in term of how apps works and how they dont get close and just get all permissions that they need, since you will be able to disable all MIUI permissions manager and battery saver.

Thats all! If you have any question just ask for it, ill answer ASAP!

Enjoy

Original Post: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=1304306
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Arthur King For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arthur King Ad-Free

21st June 2017, 07:01 AM |#2  
Flag Việt Nam
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Thank u very much....
25th June 2017, 06:27 PM |#3  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Thanks mate!
26th June 2017, 07:22 PM |#4  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 125

More
How is the battery for you?
Does it really work with 4 cores?
Which miui version should I install?
27th June 2017, 06:17 AM |#5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazye53

How is the battery for you?
Does it really work with 4 cores?
Which miui version should I install?

1. As it was before.
2. Yes.
3. I'm using it with 7.6.14 xiaomi.eu rom
27th June 2017, 12:31 PM |#6  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Hi. Thanks to you for your works. But tell me please, what is mpdecision file using in your patch?
And which changes in other files?
Thanks.
27th June 2017, 07:45 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Update Bard 8.6

Changes on virtual memory and seeder deleted, not worth with actual virtual memory changes
28th June 2017, 11:21 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does this work with pisces?
29th June 2017, 03:13 AM |#9  
Flag Bellary
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Hello, thank you for this zip it works fine. Do you have any zip that removed or disables all useless Miui apps and services?
17th July 2017, 09:41 AM |#10  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Currently testing your cpufix on my Mi3(cancro) running the latest stable MIUI8 china rom. Device feels snappier than before. I am loving it. But I observe no significant difference in terms of battery saving. Will continue to test for another 48-72 hours and post my conclusion. Thanks.
19th July 2017, 05:13 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Update(this was released a few time ago, but i had no time to post it here). Cassiopeia v9.3

A few updates ago i just changed one of the files and now the 4 cores works kinda most of time, and btw, i did a few test and leaving the 4 cores on all time uses less battery than normal way to turn on and off the cores. Also did some changes for better performance without losing battery life. The file its on the OP.

Enjoy <3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur King For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arthur King Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fix cores miui tweak

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)