FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][HOWTO] instruction to restore the Mi4/Mi3 bricks (broken partition table)

218 posts
Thanks Meter: 751

Post Reply Email Thread
If you connect your phone to the pc and see something like this
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo270680053609769123.jpg
Views:	6010
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	3590142Click image for larger version

Name:	photo270680053609769121.jpg
Views:	7094
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	3590143

This guide is for you

What you will need:
1. USB cable is of decent quality (not the one on which the connection is lost at the slightest movement)
2. Windows
3. The device defined somehow Device Manager
4. The latest version of MiFlash
5. MIUI firmware developer for fastboot here
6. Adb and fastboot installer here

Theory:
If the primary boot loader (placed directly on the SoC - unkilled) can't pass control to the secondary and applied loader, the interface starts to restoration device: 9006 or 9008 mode. They differ in that the 9006 mode if the device gets lost only access to the application Loader (what we call the fastboot). It all sections of the devices are mounted in the OS and we can edit files on them or record RAW data.
In 9008 mode, you can get into if partition and entire chain bootloader (secondary and applied loader) is dead. From it anything useful we can not do: just go back to the 9006 mode (in fact in this case, have access to a low-level operations, but to describe them does not make sense). For this purpose, the device is sent to the programmer (MPRG8974.mbn) flash secondary loader (8974_msimage.mbn), after which the smartphone reboot in 9006 mode.

Restore stock partion

Add a flash-all.bat line
Code:
fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin
just before
Code:
fastboot% * flash tz% ~ dp0images \ tz.mbn

Name:	photo262418632476306281.jpg
Views:	9172
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	3590159
and flash device via fastboot.
Then u can flash again but w/o fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin

If device hangs on Mi logo and cant flash via fastboot / problems after re-partition / defined as QHSUSB_BULK
If you touched anything from the name of the spoiler and the previous instruction does not help, then our task will be to move into 9006 mode (if your smartphone is already defined as QHSUSB_BULK, you can go directly to the firmware).

On a device located in fastboot write in the console:
Code:
fastboot erase aboot 
  fastboot reboot

Name:	1[1].png
Views:	8666
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	3590163
Phone will remain a black screen in the Device Manager, the new device will be Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006/9008, and Windows about 7 new flash devices. Simply close all offers their formatting. Reboot the PC (required on Windows 10, or sections will not be able to unmount when flash).

MiFlash Run as Administrator, click the button "Refresh", this will be a new device like this

Name:	2[1].png
Views:	8008
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	3590164
Choose the folder with the firmware, click the button "Flash". After ~ 160 seconds, the firmware is completed, to restart, hold the power button.

Name:	3[2].png
Views:	4936
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	3590165

If in MiFlash nothing appeared
1. Make sure that the device appears in the Device Manager, if not:
1) Connect the USB cable to the motherboard (ie "behind")
2) Put the device on charge for at least two hours and try again

Device in 9008 mode

Here things can be a little tricky, but it depends only on your particular case.
It may be necessary short-circuit test points

Possible errors in MiFlash

EE: Access is denied. (0x80070005: Dismount volume ...)
AA: Restart your laptop, connect the device to a different usb port
EE: Reached the end of the file. (0x80070026: Receiving hello packet)
AA: Need a short-circuit of the test-points, change the cable, use a different computer

Contributor
nikitaklsnkv2000
Original source
4pda
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Ramm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dr. Ramm Ad-Free

27th December 2015, 01:54 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thanks for the tip ramm...
5th January 2016, 08:59 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ramm

If you connect your phone to the pc and see something like this

This guide is for you

What you will need:
1. USB cable is of decent quality (not the one on which the connection is lost at the slightest movement)
2. Windows
3. The device defined somehow Device Manager
4. The latest version of MiFlash
5. MIUI firmware developer for fastboot here
6. Adb and fastboot installer here

Theory:
If the primary boot loader (placed directly on the SoC - unkilled) can't pass control to the secondary and applied loader, the interface starts to restoration device: 9006 or 9008 mode. They differ in that the 9006 mode if the device gets lost only access to the application Loader (what we call the fastboot). It all sections of the devices are mounted in the OS and we can edit files on them or record RAW data.
In 9008 mode, you can get into if partition and entire chain bootloader (secondary and applied loader) is dead. From it anything useful we can not do: just go back to the 9006 mode (in fact in this case, have access to a low-level operations, but to describe them does not make sense). For this purpose, the device is sent to the programmer (MPRG8974.mbn) flash secondary loader (8974_msimage.mbn), after which the smartphone reboot in 9006 mode.

Restore stock partion

Add a flash-all.bat line
Code:
fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin
just before
Code:
fastboot% * flash tz% ~ dp0images \ tz.mbn
Attachment 3590159
and flash device via fastboot.
Then u can flash again but w/o fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin

If device hangs on Mi logo and cant flash via fastboot / problems after re-partition / defined as QHSUSB_BULK
If you touched anything from the name of the spoiler and the previous instruction does not help, then our task will be to move into 9006 mode (if your smartphone is already defined as QHSUSB_BULK, you can go directly to the firmware).

On a device located in fastboot write in the console:
Code:
fastboot erase aboot 
  fastboot reboot
Attachment 3590163
Phone will remain a black screen in the Device Manager, the new device will be Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006/9008, and Windows about 7 new flash devices. Simply close all offers their formatting. Reboot the PC (required on Windows 10, or sections will not be able to unmount when flash).

MiFlash Run as Administrator, click the button "Refresh", this will be a new device like this
Attachment 3590164
Choose the folder with the firmware, click the button "Flash". After ~ 160 seconds, the firmware is completed, to restart, hold the power button.
Attachment 3590165

If in MiFlash nothing appeared
1. Make sure that the device appears in the Device Manager, if not:
1) Connect the USB cable to the motherboard (ie "behind")
2) Put the device on charge for at least two hours and try again

Device in 9008 mode

Here things can be a little tricky, but it depends only on your particular case.
It may be necessary short-circuit test points

Possible errors in MiFlash

EE: Access is denied. (0x80070005: Dismount volume ...)
AA: Restart your laptop, connect the device to a different usb port
EE: Reached the end of the file. (0x80070026: Receiving hello packet)
AA: Need a short-circuit of the test-points, change the cable, use a different computer

Contributor
nikitaklsnkv2000
Original source
4pda

Thanks man u are truly
Savior of mine MI4
Thanks a lot
9th January 2016, 01:56 PM |#4  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Tell me how to flash fastboot rom on extended partition... My device got bricked when I tried to flash miui7 mm on extended using twrp....plz help
10th January 2016, 12:23 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Nice share bro. Thanks
10th January 2016, 12:48 PM |#6  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-extrem

Tell me how to flash fastboot rom on extended partition... My device got bricked when I tried to flash miui7 mm on extended using twrp....plz help

There is no difference between stock or extended partition, in flashing fastboot rom using MiFlash! It will recreate whole partition table!
Just follow steps in OP
Inviato dal mio D6633 utilizzando Tapatalk
10th January 2016, 03:01 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Homel
Thanks Meter: 751

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-extrem

Tell me how to flash fastboot rom on extended partition.

U mean MM merged partition? IDK, which error show MiFlash?

If error: 0x80004005: FAILED (remote partition table doesn't exist).
then use this tutorial
23rd January 2016, 11:53 AM |#8  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 659

More
Bricked my Mi3 and seeing lots of drive when connected to PC. trying to follow this guide.But link to download "MiFlash" not working. any Mirrors ?

EDIT : Solved it using this Guide.. Thanx a lot !!!!
23rd January 2016, 05:37 PM |#9  
Flag Slovenj Gradec
Thanks Meter: 15

More
It worked, thanks allot
24th January 2016, 05:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sir, I have bricked my mi3. I am not actually understanding how to follow this tutorial..Please give me some help...
24th January 2016, 05:59 PM |#11  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaski123

Sir, I have bricked my mi3. I am not actually understanding how to follow this tutorial..Please give me some help...

What do you not understand?
You have to flash a fastboot rom, with MiFlash, that will re-build partition table

Inviato dal mio D6633 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Pi3rluigi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pi3rluigi Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9006, 9008, brick, restore

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)