[GUIDE][HOWTO] instruction to restore the Mi4/Mi3 bricks (broken partition table)

Search This thread

Zatyoshi

Aug 13, 2010
Just press and hold volume up + power for 20-30 seconds. It will boot into recovery regardless of what the screen shows. Another possibility is you have faulty buttons which happened to me last few months where my power button is held down all the time (the button was not pressed in. I could still hear the clicky sound and feel the satisfying click.)

I have forgotten to mention that i managed to get into recovery once today and flash other ROM by using command fastboot boot recovery.img, but after that it bricked completely. I can hold the button even for couple of minutes, and it just keeps rebooting. Today morning it was the same, except twrp window was popping up and rebooting again. I also tried flashing diffrent recoveries, which didn't change much.

diongdyh

Dec 6, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I have forgotten to mention that i managed to get into recovery once today and flash other ROM by using command fastboot boot recovery.img, but after that it bricked completely. I can hold the button even for couple of minutes, and it just keeps rebooting. Today morning it was the same, except twrp window was popping up and rebooting again. I also tried flashing diffrent recoveries, which didn't change much.
Exactly what happened to me. Your buttons have to be replaced. Because Xiaomi makes 'quality phones' :D

Zatyoshi

Aug 13, 2010
Just press and hold volume up + power for 20-30 seconds. It will boot into recovery regardless of what the screen shows. Another possibility is you have faulty buttons which happened to me last few months where my power button is held down all the time (the button was not pressed in. I could still hear the clicky sound and feel the satisfying click.)

Exactly what happened to me. Your buttons have to be replaced. Because Xiaomi makes 'quality phones' :D

Yeah, but i got into recovery once trough fastboot, and before changing the software i had excessive battery drainage. Flashing new rom trough MI Flash was successful, so even tho volume button was broken it shoudn't keep rebooting every 3 seconds and shoudn't reboot trough launching TWRP (it doesn't reboot in fastboot). Also everything was working fine till phone got some stress (pokemon go playing)

P.S the reason why i changed the software were constant resets - after one night my phone just died (battery went below 1% and it shut itself down), also i coudn't charge it above 94% - green light kept flashing on and off. After i changed the rom it kept working for a day, then it bricked (twice). So maybe it's just the battery?

P.S P.S i managed to get into recovery by taking battery out and connecting cable, but i can't get it into sideload mode (it crashes) and says that i have 102MB internal storage

wtf.jpg

Last edited:

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
My Mi3 is detected as QHSUSB_BULK. But I can't go to fastboot mode. I tried pressing Vol+ and Power but it just keeps being detected and lots of disks pop up asking to be formatted.

Pi3rluigi

Sep 21, 2011
Turin
My Mi3 is detected as QHSUSB_BULK. But I can't go to fastboot mode. I tried pressing Vol+ and Power but it just keeps being detected and lots of disks pop up asking to be formatted.
Search with Google for QHSUB.
You need that generic drivers and flash Rom with MiFlash.
I'm sure that on Miui official forum there's the answer, cause it happens to me, maybe not on Mi3 sub-forum, but for other device.

Inviato dal mio D6633 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: ej8989

ej8989

Jul 8, 2012
Manila
Search with Google for QHSUB.
You need that generic drivers and flash Rom with MiFlash.
I'm sure that on Miui official forum there's the answer, cause it happens to me, maybe not on Mi3 sub-forum, but for other device.

My MI3 was finally recognized by MiFlash after repetitively uninstalling and changing adb drivers while pressing vol+ and pwr buttons for more than 5 hours. I can't determine the exact solution though.

T4ufik_Hidayat

Feb 15, 2015
Bengkalis
Genius :)

If you connect your phone to the pc and see something like this

This guide is for you

What you will need:
1. USB cable is of decent quality (not the one on which the connection is lost at the slightest movement)
2. Windows
3. The device defined somehow Device Manager
4. The latest version of MiFlash
5. MIUI firmware developer for fastboot here
6. Adb and fastboot installer here

Theory:
If the primary boot loader (placed directly on the SoC - unkilled) can't pass control to the secondary and applied loader, the interface starts to restoration device: 9006 or 9008 mode. They differ in that the 9006 mode if the device gets lost only access to the application Loader (what we call the fastboot). It all sections of the devices are mounted in the OS and we can edit files on them or record RAW data.
In 9008 mode, you can get into if partition and entire chain bootloader (secondary and applied loader) is dead. From it anything useful we can not do: just go back to the 9006 mode (in fact in this case, have access to a low-level operations, but to describe them does not make sense). For this purpose, the device is sent to the programmer (MPRG8974.mbn) flash secondary loader (8974_msimage.mbn), after which the smartphone reboot in 9006 mode.

Restore stock partion

Add a flash-all.bat line
Code:
fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin
just before
Code:
fastboot% * flash tz% ~ dp0images \ tz.mbn
View attachment 3590159
and flash device via fastboot.
Then u can flash again but w/o fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin

Thank you so much! you saved my hours :highfive:

sofrony

Dec 28, 2017
Mi3 brick -partition table does not exist

Hello everybody!
I am trying to bring back to life my phone Xiaomi Mi3.
It goes into boot-loop.
I tried to flash it, but it does not help.
When I flash it by giving command $fastboot ... flash modem+modem1 (or "system+system1", or "boot+boot1"), I am getting an error "Partition table does not exist".
When I edit commands, specifying just "modem", or "system", then I have successful flash, but phone is still not operable.

Code:
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.20	$fastboot -s 92fe1c flash partition "C:\cancro_images_JXDCNBD13.0_4.3\images\gpt_both0.bin"   || 
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.30	target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.30	sending 'partition' (33 KB)...
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.30	OKAY [ -0.000s]
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.30	writing 'partition'...
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.30	OKAY [  0.031s]
[00000B5C]92fe1c	0.30	finished. total time: 0.031s

[00001F84]92fe1c	7.19	$fastboot -s 92fe1c flash system+system1 C:\cancro_images_JXDCNBD13.0_4.3\images\system.img 
[00001F84]92fe1c	12.39	target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
[00001F84]92fe1c	12.39	erasing 'system+system1'...
[00001F84]92fe1c	12.39	FAILED (remote: Partition table doesn't exist
compare to:
Code:
c:\cancro_global_images_KXDMIBH34.0_4.4_in\images>fastboot flash system system.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ -0.000s]
sending 'system' (594097 KB)...
OKAY [ 19.603s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 14.597s]
finished. total time: 34.227s

Is there any backup partition table, which is corrupt there?
If someone had similar symptoms, and was able to recover the phone, please help me.
P.S. Also, adb utility does not show any output.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you connect your phone to the pc and see something like this
    photo270680053609769123.jpgphoto270680053609769121.jpg

This guide is for you

What you will need:
    1. USB cable is of decent quality (not the one on which the connection is lost at the slightest movement)
    2. Windows
    3. The device defined somehow Device Manager
    4. The latest version of MiFlash
    5. MIUI firmware developer for fastboot here
    6. Adb and fastboot installer here

Theory:
    If the primary boot loader (placed directly on the SoC - unkilled) can't pass control to the secondary and applied loader, the interface starts to restoration device: 9006 or 9008 mode. They differ in that the 9006 mode if the device gets lost only access to the application Loader (what we call the fastboot). It all sections of the devices are mounted in the OS and we can edit files on them or record RAW data.
    In 9008 mode, you can get into if partition and entire chain bootloader (secondary and applied loader) is dead. From it anything useful we can not do: just go back to the 9006 mode (in fact in this case, have access to a low-level operations, but to describe them does not make sense). For this purpose, the device is sent to the programmer (MPRG8974.mbn) flash secondary loader (8974_msimage.mbn), after which the smartphone reboot in 9006 mode.

Restore stock partion

Add a flash-all.bat line
    Code:
    fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin
    just before
    Code:
    fastboot% * flash tz% ~ dp0images \ tz.mbn
    photo262418632476306281.jpg
    and flash device via fastboot.
    Then u can flash again but w/o fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin

If device hangs on Mi logo and cant flash via fastboot / problems after re-partition / defined as QHSUSB_BULK
    If you touched anything from the name of the spoiler and the previous instruction does not help, then our task will be to move into 9006 mode (if your smartphone is already defined as QHSUSB_BULK, you can go directly to the firmware).

On a device located in fastboot write in the console:
    Code:
    fastboot erase aboot 
      fastboot reboot
    View attachment 3590163
    Phone will remain a black screen in the Device Manager, the new device will be Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 9006/9008, and Windows about 7 new flash devices. Simply close all offers their formatting. Reboot the PC (required on Windows 10, or sections will not be able to unmount when flash).

MiFlash Run as Administrator, click the button "Refresh", this will be a new device like this
    View attachment 3590164
    Choose the folder with the firmware, click the button "Flash". After ~ 160 seconds, the firmware is completed, to restart, hold the power button.
    View attachment 3590165

If in MiFlash nothing appeared
    1. Make sure that the device appears in the Device Manager, if not:
    1) Connect the USB cable to the motherboard (ie "behind")
    2) Put the device on charge for at least two hours and try again

Device in 9008 mode

Here things can be a little tricky, but it depends only on your particular case.
    It may be necessary short-circuit test points

Possible errors in MiFlash

EE: Access is denied. (0x80070005: Dismount volume ...)
    AA: Restart your laptop, connect the device to a different usb port
    EE: Reached the end of the file. (0x80070026: Receiving hello packet)
    AA: Need a short-circuit of the test-points, change the cable, use a different computer

Contributor
    nikitaklsnkv2000
    Original source
    4pda
    Brick is not recognizable through shell on Win7 (Mac VM)

Thx for the great guide!

But ive reached my limits i guess^^

Yesterday evening i screwed up while applying the latest Update (through update.zip via twrp... my bad)

After reading into this problem i spent the whole night figuring first XP-VM (poor crap on Parallels for Mac) without getting any positive results.
    Now ive moved on to Win7, which seems to serve me well, but i still got the Problem:

If in MiFlash nothing appeared
    1. Make sure that the device appears in the Device Manager, if not:
    1) Connect the USB cable to the motherboard (ie "behind")
    2) Put the device on charge for at least two hours and try again

Ive got the latest drivers, adb, miflash and misuite installed properly. Also my brick is perferctly recognized as Bulk Host with 7 devices.
    It has beencharging the whole night on different chargers from 0,5a to 2a. I tried 7 different cables. Restartet the VM many times.

But my device is nevertheles unrecognized via ADB / Fastboot. Has anybody any suggestions left for me? I´d appreciate some new ideas how to move an from now. Thanx in advance, cheers!

Finally, only testpoint method worked out.
    http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=22811
    Sir, I have bricked my mi3. I am not actually understanding how to follow this tutorial..Please give me some help...
    What do you not understand?
    You have to flash a fastboot rom, with MiFlash, that will re-build partition table

Sorry? The phone was not able to go into bootloader. so I flashed miui latest with mi flash. Went into fastboot and flashed it again. But it's not booting up. When I use twrp as recovery, it says internal memory 0mb. I think the partition tables are messed up. I was on the new partition layout.

try to flash flash_all.bat with fastboot% * flash partition% ~ dp0images \ gpt_both0.bin line