FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][HOW-TO] Revive Xiaomi Mi3 from being totally bricked

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Ulric099, Member on 24th March 2018, 04:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer: I did this on a Mi3, although it might work for other Xiaomi devices. Don't blame me if it ends up blowing your device into pieces.

So after years of service, my Mi3 gave out. No blinking lights, screen won't turn on, and download/fastboot mode wouldn't work. Connecting the phone showed an unrecognized USB device. Thought that I would just let it go already, but the fixer in me couldn't help but try.

And amazingly, it's now brought back to life! Here's what I did:

Step 1: Download the flash tool and fastboot rom here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Step 2: Install the flash tool along with the drivers in the program
Step 3: Disassemble your device until you have access to the motherboard and battery. You will need a few tools for this. A small hook or a flat screw along with a thin but sturdy card (like a credit card) can pop the back cover open. Here's a good disassembly guide. http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/xiaomi-mi3-disassembly/
Step 4: Remove the plug of the battery from the motherboard. DON'T CONNECT IT YET (Refer to the image attached below)
Step 5: Remove and then connect the USB from the motherboard. The port might not be properly connected. (Refer to the image attached below)
Step 6: Connect your phone to your computer via USB while the battery isn't plugged. Check device manager, click on "ports" and then check if it says "Qualcomm HS -USB QDLoader 9008" If so, you're on the right track.
Step 7: Extract the Fastboot rom you downloaded. Make sure that you've extracted it to the very core. You should see an "image" folder along with a couple of files.
Step 8: Open Miflash with admin rights and then go to the fastboot folder. NOTE: Do not choose the image folder. Choose the previous folder with cancro...
Step 9: Choose "save user data" at the bottom. You can try clean all, although choosing this kept giving me a hello packet error.
Step 10: Click refresh and the COM port should show up which should match the one you saw in device manager. If so start the flash. Mine took about 170 seconds.
Step11: After the flash succeeds, unplug the phone and then reconnect the battery to the motherboard. Then connect the phone to a charger and check if it works. A red blinking light might appear and that's okay. Just leave it plugged for a while and it should start charging normally. Charge it until it's full and then boot up!

I reassembled my phone after I was sure it can boot. It's working pretty well now! Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Xiaomi-Mi3-Disassembly-5.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	4456464  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ulric099 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ulric099 Ad-Free

5th April 2018, 07:10 PM |#2  
Flag Homel
Thanks Meter: 750

Donate to Me
More
Connecting the phone showed an unrecognized USB device
U can just flash in mi flash in this case
9th May 2019, 03:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hello, I'm stuck in nearly same situation with my Mi3. Phone neither gets recognised by PC, neither gets charged (When connected to charger, red light blinks and goes).

And my phone's internal is full of data which I don't want to lose. By flashing fastboot rom, will it erase all data ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric099

Disclaimer: I did this on a Mi3, although it might work for other Xiaomi devices. Don't blame me if it ends up blowing your device into pieces.

So after years of service, my Mi3 gave out. No blinking lights, screen won't turn on, and download/fastboot mode wouldn't work. Connecting the phone showed an unrecognized USB device. Thought that I would just let it go already, but the fixer in me couldn't help but try.

And amazingly, it's now brought back to life! Here's what I did:

Step 1: Download the flash tool and fastboot rom here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
Step 2: Install the flash tool along with the drivers in the program
Step 3: Disassemble your device until you have access to the motherboard and battery. You will need a few tools for this. A small hook or a flat screw along with a thin but sturdy card (like a credit card) can pop the back cover open. Here's a good disassembly guide. http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/xiaomi-mi3-disassembly/
Step 4: Remove the plug of the battery from the motherboard. DON'T CONNECT IT YET (Refer to the image attached below)
Step 5: Remove and then connect the USB from the motherboard. The port might not be properly connected. (Refer to the image attached below)
Step 6: Connect your phone to your computer via USB while the battery isn't plugged. Check device manager, click on "ports" and then check if it says "Qualcomm HS -USB QDLoader 9008" If so, you're on the right track.
Step 7: Extract the Fastboot rom you downloaded. Make sure that you've extracted it to the very core. You should see an "image" folder along with a couple of files.
Step 8: Open Miflash with admin rights and then go to the fastboot folder. NOTE: Do not choose the image folder. Choose the previous folder with cancro...
Step 9: Choose "save user data" at the bottom. You can try clean all, although choosing this kept giving me a hello packet error.
Step 10: Click refresh and the COM port should show up which should match the one you saw in device manager. If so start the flash. Mine took about 170 seconds.
Step11: After the flash succeeds, unplug the phone and then reconnect the battery to the motherboard. Then connect the phone to a charger and check if it works. A red blinking light might appear and that's okay. Just leave it plugged for a while and it should start charging normally. Charge it until it's full and then boot up!

I reassembled my phone after I was sure it can boot. It's working pretty well now! Cheers!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)