* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Here is the latest iteration of kuailexs's Ubuntu Touch 16.04 build, alpha V0.1.4. I've uploaded it to Googledrive for your convenience... (this is not my work)
Click Here To Download
Supposedly the following is working:
Boot - OK
Bluetooth - OK
Graphics - OK
Resume - OK
Rotation - OK
Sound - OK
Touch - OK
Wifi - OK
Here is a brief news article in Chinese relating to the V0.1.3 build, with mention of Anbox support, including brief instructions.
Original article: https://hacpai.com/article/1543854794147
Translated article: https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...F1543854794147
Lastly, the build was obtained from here: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1dEZDZbj#lis...u-touch-cancro for future reference.
< IMPORTANT INFO > MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH FREE SPACE IN INTERNAL STORAGE OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET STUCK AT THE SPLASH SCREEN < IMPORTANT INFO >
1) Boot to TWRP
2) Wipe data, system, cache & dalvik cache
3) Install provided rom package "ubuntu-touch-16.04-cancro-Alpha-0.1.4.zip"
The default lockscreen passphrase is: 0000 which is set automatically with no prompt for the user to change/set on device setup wizard.
The passphrase can be removed or changed from within the settings though...
Also please note, this rom package replaces your installed recovery with a UBPorts based recovery.
When returning to android, I recommend replacing the UBPorts recovery with TWRP via fastboot.
1) Volume Down + Power Btn
2) Fastboot flash recovery /location/of/your/recovery_image.img
3) Fastboot reboot
4) Enter Recovery with Volume Up + Power Btn
5) Wipe data, system, cache & dalvik cache
6) Install your ROM zip.