FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone switched off automatically and doesn't start

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By harshjain430, Junior Member on 13th March 2015, 07:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Mi3 has switched off automatically and doesn't start again. The charger when plugged, the notification light keeps blinking red and when I removed it from charge and again plugged in, the phone is blank, the notification light also does not show up. I tried to boot into recovery by pressing volume up+power button, but that also doesn't work. I did not root my phone and I am on official miui v6 Rom. Please help!!

13th March 2015, 08:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Try fastboot mode (power+vol down). If that doesn't work either then it's a hardware problem. If it works then proceeed to use Miflash in order to fix it.
14th March 2015, 03:00 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
From past 7hrs I've put the phone on charge and the red notification light still blinks, my phone is on now nut the charging % still shows 0 I don't know what to do
14th March 2015, 04:16 AM |#4  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Use other charger.. Been through that prob.. I use 2A note 3 charger..
14th March 2015, 05:27 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
I've got an M8 charger as well, I'll try putting up that charger for Mi3 now..
14th March 2015, 05:37 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
I finally succeeded to boot into recovery mode, thought to wipe all data.. I selected wipe all data and now it's stuck at 98% and nothing is happening.. I am sick of it now. What do I do?
14th March 2015, 05:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 379

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshjain430

I finally succeeded to boot into recovery mode, thought to wipe all data.. I selected wipe all data and now it's stuck at 98% and nothing is happening.. I am sick of it now. What do I do?

it seems you are using the mi recovery and wiping by mi recovery usually takes times just dont be in a hurry let it wipe it will take time and it usually get stuck at 98 but eventually will be 100%
once u wipe everything and flash a new ro dont forget to flash a custom recovery as well
14th March 2015, 06:25 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenR2

it seems you are using the mi recovery and wiping by mi recovery usually takes times just dont be in a hurry let it wipe it will take time and it usually get stuck at 98 but eventually will be 100%
once u wipe everything and flash a new ro dont forget to flash a custom recovery as well

I flashed into recovery not to flash a new Rom but to hard reset the phone.. and yes you were right, my phone did wipe completely( needed some patience at that time ) and now, after hard reset, my phone stayed normally but the charge was 0% and ids not charging.. what might be the problem??
15th March 2015, 03:30 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Maybe you should use miflash and flash a new ROM via fast boot mode

Sent from my MI 3W
16th March 2015, 08:53 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,177

Donate to Me
More
Ran into the exact same problem yesterday. You need to use a higher output charger. After three different chargers, I came back to the original Mi3 charger and it started charging. I later used Ampere from the Play Store to see the output of different chargers and saw that this red-light blinking only comes with chargers having low output.
14th September 2015, 03:39 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have exactly the same issue. phone switched off and refuses to charge/boot.
whenever, i connect it to charger the red light comes up, the red light will be off after a while even when charger is kept connected.
again if i disconnect and connect the charger, the red light would come back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)