FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[beta] [SFOS] SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 for cancro

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 215

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from saidinesh5: Sailfish OS 2.1.0.11 now available for cancro devices (Xiaomi Mi3/Mi4)
Introduction

Quote:

Sailfish OS is a mobile operating system combining the Linux kernel for a particular hardware platform use, the open-source Mer core middleware, a proprietary UI contributed by Jolla, and other third-party components.

This is a port of Sailfish OS to cancro (Xiaomi Mi3/Mi4), based on CyanogenMod 12.1.

What Works: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris#Smartphones (Check Xiaomi Mi3)

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Whats new:
Quote:

Updated to Sailfish 2.1.3.7

Known issues:
Quote:

1) Wifi mac address not detected properly

Current TODOs: Sailfish OS on cancro's Trello Board

Download links:
Quote:

Cyanogenmod 12.1 base: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862691291 (Mirroring this, as CM servers are shutting down)
Sailfish OS rootfs: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617953262

Installation Instructions:
Quote:

NOTE: This release is also available as an OTA to existing users.
1) Make sure your device has the new partition layout needed for Android M and a custom recovery. Boot to Recovery, wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system and data. ( https://jrizzoli.github.io/dotfiles/ )
2) First install cm-12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO1K6-cancro.zip As your base ROM, and make sure it works well.
3) Then Install sailfishos-cancro-release-2.1.3.7-beta.zip on top of it. This will replace your boot image with sailfish boot image, and installs sailfish os to /data/.stowaways/sailfishos . The installation can take a little while, so be patient.
If you are already running, CM12.1 YOG7D/already have SailfishOS installed, you can simply flash the Sailfish OS without wiping flash/partition.

Big kudos to @mixmoto and Nokius, for patiently testing this release over and over.

P.S Thank you all for your support. I really really appreciate it - and it's what motivated me to make some time in my busy days to create this release. Wish you all Happy Holidays!

XDA:DevDB Information
Sailfish OS for cancro, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3

Contributors
saidinesh5, Ar4er, Folks at #sailfishos-porters, especially @mal-
Source Code: https://github.com/CancroSailors

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Must have CM12.1-YOG7D
Based On: CyanogenMod 12.1-YOG7D

Version Information

Created 2016-09-15
Last Updated 2018-01-07
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-44-58.jpg
Views:	14582
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	3878509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-46-07.jpg
Views:	13806
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	3878510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-47-58.jpg
Views:	13384
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	3878511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-48-12.jpg
Views:	13640
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	3878512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-48-25.jpg
Views:	13196
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	3878518   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-49-50.jpg
Views:	13046
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	3878519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-16-09-18-06-52-27.jpg
Views:	12572
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	3878520  
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to saidinesh5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saidinesh5 Ad-Free

15th September 2016, 08:26 PM |#2  
Flag Sibenik
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Hey Dinesh,

Thanks for your work,

does this have sfdroid support?
15th September 2016, 08:43 PM |#3  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekril

Hey Dinesh,

Thanks for your work,

does this have sfdroid support?

Hey, Nope. SFDroid support is on my TODO list for now.

It may take a while though. I need a Multirom working with CM13.0(which is my primary ROM), so I can safely port all the needed changes for SFDroid to my CM12.1 base without losing all my data. Any help welcome here!

Cheers
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saidinesh5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saidinesh5 Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 09:51 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saidinesh5

Hey, Nope. SFDroid support is on my TODO list for now.

It may take a while though. I need a Multirom working with CM13.0(which is my primary ROM), so I can safely port all the needed changes for SFDroid to my CM12.1 base without losing all my data. Any help welcome here!

Cheers

Thank you!!! this is awesome!!
Almost everything it seems to be working
Is it stable for daily use?
15th September 2016, 10:07 PM |#5  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketval

Thank you!!! this is awesome!!
Almost everything it seems to be working
Is it stable for daily use?

Great!
Right now i don't think it's ready for daily use yet, as sometimes my device's sensors and audio stop working randomly. Not sure if it is just my device though (because of some weird hacks I've been using).

I suspect this maybe because the CM 12.1 zip i was using to boot differs from the sources I've used to compile this rom. Once that issue is fixed, i think this will be usable for daily use. Camera works, Browser works, basic apps work.. And compiling that cm 12.1 means even sfdroid will work ...
The Following User Says Thank You to saidinesh5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saidinesh5 Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 10:26 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Great!
Right now i don't think it's ready for daily use yet, as sometimes my device's sensors and audio stop working randomly. Not sure if it is just my device though (because of some weird hacks I've been using).

I suspect this maybe because the CM 12.1 zip i was using to boot differs from the sources I've used to compile this rom. Once that issue is fixed, i think this will be usable for daily use. Camera works, Browser works, basic apps work.. And compiling that cm 12.1 means even sfdroid will work ...

For what I know only few cm12 builds worked fine when flashed before sfos..
Maybe you need another build.. I don't know..
15th September 2016, 10:36 PM |#7  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketval

For what I know only few cm12 builds worked fine when flashed before sfos..
Maybe you need another build.. I don't know..

Could be. Most bugs i had to fix last week were because of differing versions too. That's why I'm trying to compile a cm12.1 right now.

Also right now as I'm on CM13.0, i was just using a system.img from the CM12.1.zip.. And making sailfish loop Mount that as the actual /system/ . not sure if that's causing any issues.

Right now my options are port multirom to CM13.0 (having some weird errors there) or wipe my device clean and downgrade to CM12.1 (have been trying to avoid this for months now!).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saidinesh5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saidinesh5 Ad-Free
15th September 2016, 10:40 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

Could be. Most bugs i had to fix last week were because of differing versions too. That's why I'm trying to compile a cm12.1 right now.

Also right now as I'm on CM13.0, i was just using a system.img from the CM12.1.zip.. And making sailfish loop Mount that as the actual /system/ . not sure if that's causing any issues.

Right now my options are port multirom to CM13.0 (having some weird errors there) or wipe my device clean and downgrade to CM12.1 (have been trying to avoid this for months now!).

Yeah, we definetely need multirom, with 64gb mi4w I have more than 32+ free and a lot of will to try
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocketval For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rocketval Ad-Free
16th September 2016, 12:25 AM |#9  
Flag Quảng Ninh
Thanks Meter: 1,989

Donate to Me
More
Thank bro
16th September 2016, 03:45 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you!!!
16th September 2016, 05:05 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
As a temporary fix for radio, pulseaudio could be restarted, NOT as root.
Code:
 systemctl restart pulseaudio --user
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)