LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.
Official LineageOS Wiki: http://wiki.lineageos.org/cancro_info.html
First time LineageOS 14.1 installation on your Xiaomi Mi3:
- Read the official Wiki page
- Flash a custom recovery via Fastboot
- Push GApps (arm) and the CM 14.1 zip to your device
- Boot into Recovery
- Perform factory reset
- Flash the LineageOS 14.1 zip from SD card
- Flash GApps from SD card
- Download the experimental migration build to your SD card
- Download the latest lineageOS nightly build to your SD card
- Boot into Recovery
- Flash the experimental migration build
- Reboot and wait until it's ready
- Reboot into Recovery again
- Flash the nightly build
- Mi4 (WCDMA)
- Mi4 LTE
- Download nightly : https://download.lineageos.org/cancro
- Google Apps (arm): http://opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=nano
- Su addon (arm): https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/...arm-signed.zip
- Su remover (arm): https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/su/...arm-signed.zip
- Model (Mi3 / Mi4 / Mi4 LTE)
- DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel
- DO NOT report bugs if you've modifies system files
- DO NOT report bugs if you've installed xposed and/or other mods
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
- If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Phone Informations * Phone model (Mi3 / Mi4 / Mi4 LTE) * LineageOS version * Gapps version What you did: * Wipe data: y/n * Upgrade from previous official LineageOS build: y/n * Restore with titanium backup: y/n You're using (if yes write which one) : * Task killer * Phone cleaner / Battery enhancer apps * Non-stock kernel * Modified kernel settings * Other mods Bug info: * Last version it worked on * Repro steps
- I get error 7 while flashing this rom, what does it mean?
- Read what the recovery says: "You're running on an unsupported (Kitkat) baseband". In order to flash the lastest CM builds you must have Miui MM baseband and partition layout installed. Visit http://bit.ly/cancroCMBaseband to learn how to update these
- ROOT! ROOT! Give me root or i'll die!!! Where root is???
- Root has been removed from LineageOS builds, to allow people who are not interested in root access to enjoy apps such as PokemonGo or banking apps. A zip to re-enable root will be provided next days. Other packages such as SuperSu, magisk or others are not supported and might cause problems
- Why no nightly today?
- Build failed. Check again tomorrow
- When do I have to wipe data?
- You must wipe data only when you're switching from another rom or migrating to Snapshot branch from Nightly and vice versa. You don't need to wipe data when you update in the same release channe (this applies to 13.0 -> 14.1 upgrades too)
- Will you add <insert awesome feature here>?
- I won't. If you write it, submit a commit to gerrit, where it will be reviewed.
The LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
[OFFICIAL][7.1] LineageOS 14.1 - Xiaomi Mi3 [cancro], ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread
Last Updated 2017-01-31