1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By bwnasty, Junior Member on 17th May 2018, 02:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2018, 07:20 AM |#51  
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Has anyone ever tried using 2 SIMs, using Verizon as the default for calls and TMobile as the default for data? Even with the dual 4G toggle to on, I find that the Verizon SIM only operates on their 2G network (1x RTT)

29th June 2018, 10:29 PM |#52  
Flag Steamboat Springs, CO
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trace1er

Has anyone ever tried using 2 SIMs, using Verizon as the default for calls and TMobile as the default for data? Even with the dual 4G toggle to on, I find that the Verizon SIM only operates on their 2G network (1x RTT)

Hi. Yes this should work. Try disabling carrier VoLTE check via the dialer...the code is *#*#86583#*#* . I was having trouble with VoLTE in general until I ran this code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-06-29-15-25-34-072_com.teslacoilsw.launcher.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	4538338  
29th June 2018, 11:01 PM |#53  

More
Just bought the global 6gb/64gb model on Amazon for use on Verizon with a pre-existing SIM. Fingers crossed...
30th June 2018, 04:26 AM |#54  
Flag DFW Texas
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andypro1

Just bought the global 6gb/64gb model on Amazon for use on Verizon with a pre-existing SIM. Fingers crossed...

That's what I'm running. I took the SIM out of my unlocked Nexus 6 and ran an unlocked red HTC 10 (flashed the VZW rom) and then switched it to my Mix 2S with no problems. Haven't run a Verizon branded phone in years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Homestar1217 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Homestar1217 Ad-Free
30th June 2018, 08:35 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 255

More
Can someone specify the exact phones/models that support VZW LTE bands in the US? It is the 256GB only? Or any of them will support? I know there are some global dual GSM and LTE versions. Looking to pick one up, but VZW is required.

Thanks
1st July 2018, 03:26 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik

Can someone specify the exact phones/models that support VZW LTE bands in the US? It is the 256GB only? Or any of them will support? I know there are some global dual GSM and LTE versions. Looking to pick one up, but VZW is required.

Thanks

Any of the global versions should work. I have a 128gb global version that I got from never-msrp on eBay. Works on Verizon fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to russphil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift russphil Ad-Free
1st July 2018, 03:46 AM |#57  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by russphil

Any of the global versions should work. I have a 128gb global version that I got from never-msrp on eBay. Works on Verizon fine.

That's good to hear. Did you need to use a different OS image or bootloader to get it to work or was it fine out of the box? Have to force enable VoLTE I take it?
1st July 2018, 05:43 AM |#58  
Flag DFW Texas
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

That's good to hear. Did you need to use a different OS image or bootloader to get it to work or was it fine out of the box? Have to force enable VoLTE I take it?

I also bought a global version (6/64) from the same eBay seller and it works fine. I had an LTE signal as soon as I booted up the phone with my Verizon SIM in it but I followed the steps to force VoLTE anyway just in case. I've had zero issues.

Side note - the seller states in the description that the phone only works on GSM carriers but that's false it's the true global version with all the bands including CDMA. They also state they'll throw in a US power adapter which I didn't get. But it was a great price and I'd buy from them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Homestar1217 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Homestar1217 Ad-Free
3rd July 2018, 01:27 AM |#59  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik

Thanks

techlogik: To answer your question, it appears the other users are correct: all of the global models support all bands. The marketing info that some sites have been propagating about how the 256GB version is the only one with full band support are mistaken. Attached is an image showing my Mi Mix 2S Global 64GB connected to all three of Verizon's LTE bands: 2, 4, and 13:

snackbox.org/~ap/vzw-bands.png

Hmm, guess I'm not allowed to post images yet. You can copy/paste the link above if you want to see.
22nd October 2018, 03:29 AM |#60  

More
Quote:

techlogik: To answer your question, it appears the other users are correct: all of the global models support all bands. The marketing info that some sites have been propagating about how the 256GB version is the only one with full band support are mistaken. Attached is an image showing my Mi Mix 2S Global 64GB connected to all three of Verizon's LTE bands: 2, 4, and 13:

snackbox.org/~ap/vzw-bands.png

Hmm, guess I'm not allowed to post images yet. You can copy/paste the link above if you want to see.

the image does not show bands. Are you sure band 13 can connect ?? b2 and b4 works fine in either model but can you confirm B13 ??? b13 ?
25th October 2018, 06:20 PM |#61  

More
Has anyone tested the phone on Verizon with Lineage OS installed? Looking at getting one and would like to install it to avoid MIUI.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)