FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HINT - How to activate VoLTE and VoWIFi without sys modification on MIUI v10

147 posts
Thanks Meter: 66

By LuHash, Senior Member on 19th January 2019, 05:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,

Just for your awareness, there's a way to enable both VoLTE and VoWIFI on MIUI V10 roms (xiaomi.eu included!).

Use these codes in the dialer:

VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*

I'm attaching a proof it works from the latest xiaomi.eu beta present on my Mix2s (polish carrier nju mobile/orange)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_181736.jpg
Views:	2356
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	4689773  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuHash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LuHash Ad-Free

20th January 2019, 09:40 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuHash

Hello all,

Just for your awareness, there's a way to enable both VoLTE and VoWIFI on MIUI V10 roms (xiaomi.eu included!).

VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*

I'm attaching a proof it works from the latest xiaomi.eu beta present on my Mix2s (polish carrier nju mobile/orange)

Thank you working for me!
20th January 2019, 08:40 PM |#3  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 514

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuHash

Hello all,

VoLTE *#*#86583#*#*
VoWIFI *#*#869434#*#*

I don't see the VoWiFi signal in your screenshot, only the VoLTE. Has Xiaomi announced they will support VoWiFi now? I was always able to turn these settings on, but the only one that works is the VoLTE. The WiFi is not supported on the Mix 2s as far as I know with no plans to enable this feature. Even with system modifications, I was able to get the radios toggled on in the *#*#4636#*#* menu, but still none of the radios would actually connect as a VoWiFi call. Even by enabling different radios through QPST didn't enable VoWiFi, so I'm a bit weary of the last one.

If you can, please put your phone in airplane mode, then connect to WiFi only and attempt to make a call. If it works, then VoWiFi is truly enabled. If not, then you just have a fancy setting that doesn't work. Can you please try and report back. Because if this is true, it would eliminate a huge issue of reception in my house, and I will hesitantly head back over to my windows machine to toggle my radios back.
20th January 2019, 11:54 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I was going to post the same thing. It does not actually allow you to call over WiFi, at least not in t mobile.
21st January 2019, 02:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
This doesnt work. Airplane mode with WiFi on does not allow calls to dial out.

However, With a Google Fi sim, I can wifi call using the hangouts dialer using the above settings (Airplane mode + WiFi on)
The Following User Says Thank You to JonMS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JonMS Ad-Free
21st January 2019, 07:03 PM |#6  
Flag Fresno, CA
Thanks Meter: 514

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMS

This doesnt work. Airplane mode with WiFi on does not allow calls to dial out.

However, With a Google Fi sim, I can wifi call using the hangouts dialer using the above settings (Airplane mode + WiFi on)

Yeah, I can use Hangouts as well just using my Hangouts dialer, not on project fi. I have it synched to an old Google voice number. But that is using a true VoIP of sorts, so makes sense. That not being my primary number though, and I'm too lazy to switch...

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
22nd January 2019, 08:16 PM |#7  
Flag Bilovice
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Being with Vodafone, both VoLTE and VoWifi working. Cheers pal
23rd January 2019, 09:31 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elblag
Thanks Meter: 66

Donate to Me
More
@All claiming not working - you're of course right, that's due to the fact there's no profile in the OS for the providers mentioned
The Following User Says Thank You to LuHash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LuHash Ad-Free
25th January 2019, 02:41 AM |#9  
Flag Barranquilla
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It works on Movistar Colombia
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)