Post Reply Email Thread
30th May 2018, 07:02 PM |#101  
Somewhere in the world...
Thanks Meter: 608

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsmh

Chinese version with global rom latest magisk v16.4

Same here...i have the chinese version, with the 9.5.4.0 Global rom, but haven't flashed magisk...

I'm waiting for a more stable TWRP, then i will risk flashing magisk...

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by underlines

To not get anyone confused, I suggest using a clear name when referring to ROMs:

Global ROM: The official manufacturer's global ROM comes from xiaomi and is available on miui.com
Chinese Developer: The official manufacturer's developer ROM for the Chinese market from xiaomi and it's available on miui.com
Chinese Stable: The official manufacturer's ROM for the Chinese market from xiaomi and it's available on miui.com
Custom ROMs: Anything else. For example xiaomi.eu is using a modified Chinese Stable ROM (or modified Chinese Developer ROM? I'm not sure anymore what base they use) to create their "global" ROM. Please don't refer to it by "global ROM". This is not a global ROM and is just confusing people. Maybe rather say xiaomi.eu custom ROM or xiaomi.eu unofficial global ROM. There should be a clear distinction between the official global ROM provided by xiaomi on miui.com and the one made by fans and contributors and distributed on xiaomi.eu etc.

About magisk, I think there are 3 variables that affect if it's working for you:

• ROM type & version
  • Your Phone Model
  • Magisk Version

Agree... 100%
Should be more feedback about what's roms version people are using, what phone version, and type of root (magisk or supersu) people flashed (and version)....someone report that supersu is working.

In my case i have the Chinese phone version, but installed Global rom 9.5.4.0...without root.

30th May 2018, 07:16 PM |#102  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 505

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmps

Hello.
My phone - m1803d5xe chinese model 6/64

Gpay dont work at Chinese Stable, Chinese Developer and Custom ROMs. But i can install Magisk 16.0 or 16.4. With Magisk Gpay dont work too.
On Global 9.5.4.0 or 9.5.18.0 if you install Magisk - bootloop. And i cant lock bootloader on this model on global rom. Anyone have working gpay on m1803d5xe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruicc

Same here...i have the chinese version, with the 9.5.4.0 Global rom, but haven't flashed magisk...

I'm waiting for a more stable TWRP, then i will risk flashing magisk... [COLOR="Silver"]

try the latest xiaomi.eu rom https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...-8-5-24.44094/ (with magisk)

supposedly android pay works there. I havent tested it though
The Following User Says Thank You to Saiger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saiger Ad-Free
30th May 2018, 08:03 PM |#103  
Somewhere in the world...
Thanks Meter: 608

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiger

try the latest xiaomi.eu rom https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...-8-5-24.44094/ (with magisk)

Ok, i'll give it a try on the next weekend
30th May 2018, 10:39 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiger

try the latest xiaomi.eu rom (with magisk)

Don't work. xiaomi.eu 8.5.17 rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parmps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parmps Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 02:31 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 454

More
Quote:

Hello.
My phone - m1803d5xe chinese model 6/64

Gpay dont work at Chinese Stable, Chinese Developer and Custom ROMs. But i can install Magisk 16.0 or 16.4. With Magisk Gpay dont work too.
On Global 9.5.4.0 or 9.5.18.0 if you install Magisk - bootloop. And i cant lock bootloader on this model on global rom. Anyone have working gpay on m1803d5xe?

Have you tried to change the NFC settings to hce?
Also, you have to solve the safetynet problem. You can try the usnf or other modules.
31st May 2018, 05:44 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Also, you have to solve the safetynet problem. You can try the usnf or other modules.

Confirmed, not working for the eu. hce is. The safetynet test passes. On xiaomi.eu is the theme.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dilus1966 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dilus1966 Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 07:22 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

Yes.
Quote:

There is no problem. Just can't add card to gpay. And at Global version i have "cts profile match fail". And i can not use Magisk, because after install phone can not boot. Anyone have idea how make gpay working?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parmps For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift parmps Ad-Free
31st May 2018, 08:14 AM |#108  
Flag Yamal
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Yes.

There is no problem. Just can't add card to gpay. And at Global version i have "cts profile match fail". And i can not use Magisk, because after install phone can not boot. Anyone have idea how make gpay working?

While there is no solution, and it's very sad
http://en.miui.com/thread-2726119-1-1.html
The most unpleasant thing is that it does not work on the factory firmware, with locked bootloader, without any interventions(root, TWRP and etc.) ...
The Following User Says Thank You to niksan29 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift niksan29 Ad-Free
3rd June 2018, 08:26 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 403

More
Change log 2018-06-04 8:50 AM UTC
Code:
+ Added: MIUI 10 leaked ROM, Magisk, Pass safetynet
The Following User Says Thank You to underlines For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift underlines Ad-Free
4th June 2018, 05:47 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
Sorry i'm not sure to be in the good section to post but i had several questions about the phone.

I'm living in China but i'm Japanese so it's much more convenient for me to buy a phone direcly from a mi store or from mi.com.
I read people with chinese version of recent Xiaomi phones had several difficulties for installing global version or custom xiaomi.eu rom on their devices, and also several problems with Magisk.
But what are exactly these problems?
- Is it just you can't relock bootloader after unlocked it? Or you experimented other problems? (like bug, crashes, etc...)
- Does Magisk could works using xiaomi.eu rom or maybe a future lineage rom on a chinese device, or it could be blocked?

I am using Xiaomi devices since several years without problems, but after knowing all of these problems i really hesitate to buy again a Xiaomi phone

PS: Sorry for my bad english
4th June 2018, 06:19 AM |#111  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 505

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaotoTakatochi

Hi,
Sorry i'm not sure to be in the good section to post but i had several questions about the phone.

I'm living in China but i'm Japanese so it's much more convenient for me to buy a phone direcly from a mi store or from mi.com.
I read people with chinese version of recent Xiaomi phones had several difficulties for installing global version or custom xiaomi.eu rom on their devices, and also several problems with Magisk.
But what are exactly these problems?
- Is it just you can't relock bootloader after unlocked it? Or you experimented other problems? (like bug, crashes, etc...)
- Does Magisk could works using xiaomi.eu rom or maybe a future lineage rom on a chinese device, or it could be blocked?

I am using Xiaomi devices since several years without problems, but after knowing all of these problems i really hesitate to buy again a Xiaomi phone

PS: Sorry for my bad english

1. the only problem is that you cant relock bootloader on the chinese version of the mix 2s. there are no other bugs like crashes.
2. you can use magisk on xiaomi.eu rom. The only problem is that you have to wait 360h to unlock the bootloader. Magisk will work on lineageos IF we get it.

Can´t you buy the phone in Hongkong so you get the global version?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)