FORUMS

Droid Dual Boot Tool - The Ultimate Dual Boot Wizard by ACRD Team

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 134

Post Reply Email Thread
Droid Dual Boot Tool - The Ultimate Dual Boot Wizard by ACRD Team

Android Core Research & Development Team (ACRDT)
Proudly Presents You The
Droid Dual Boot Tool

Introduction

We from the Android Core Research & Development Team (ACRDT) are glad to present you this “Droid Dual Boot Tool”, which does all the necessary steps to make your device dual boot. All you have to do is flash the zips as mentioned below. The main focus of this tool to help all Android Users to understand and have dual boot OS in their smartphone in a user friendly manner. This tool takes all the coding, so with a single click of mouse you can have dual boot. Awesome Right!! Keep Reading...
This Whole Concept was a Big Gigantic Hack by ACRD Team.
**Neither Device Manufacturer’s nor Android . Let It Like this.**

How it works?

Normally when you boot your phone, the kernel (or boot.img) file loads all the files from all partitions like /system, /data, /cache, /firmware…etc. So to have Dual Boot you need to edit the boot.img of the CustomROM such that it loads all the files from the /system2, /data2
To Achieve that We Partition the Device using Parted Commands in Zips ..We Uses Intelligent OpenRecoveryScript Commands To Flash them Automatically..In a Order Wise..

In a Short way I'm Explaining How this Stuff works.. our current rom which was in /system /data .we back up that rom .Our Script flash this Boot-To-Secondary_BackUp_Rom.zip this contains a modified recovery.& boot when we restores the rom it'll sent to /system2 & /data2 . Now what happens is our current rom is moved to secondary partitions.. Now /system /data are empty right so we can install our custom roms there ..
Check Out this Video & Zips If you want to know about how our Intelligent code Executes..
Dual Boot Mechanism (youtube)

Why Dual Boot?
We Say If You Are A Custom Rom Lover..And An Enthusiast One to Try Out Roms..!!
To Try Out Every Rom..You Have To BackUp Your Current Rom And Flash It And Again Restore Your Old Rom..Seems Headache Process RIght..No Worries We Are Here For You..You Are In The Right Place With This 99% You Will Dual Boot Your Device..You Can Keep One Rom As Permanent And Try Out Other Roms With Out Touching First Rom.

Warning….!
  • Your warranty will be void, but for Xiaomi device you can get it back when you flash the ROM via EDL (Downlaod) Mode.
  • We Are Not Responsible For Damaged Ext-Cards,Corrupted emmc Chips, & Loss Of Data.
  • However, We'll Help You If you find any problem
  • Please Make a Full Nandroid Backup Of your Rom in External SD Card & Have a Full Copy Of Your Internal Data to your Ext-Card / Laptop.
  • Don’t try if BOOTLOADER is Locked. (You need to unlock it first)
  • Your System Performance Wont get Degraded..We Are Not using Both Roms Simultaneously ..We Are Just Switching From One Rom To Other Rom by Flashing Modified Boot.img Every Time..

Requirements
  • Our ultimate Tool & App..
  • MIUI /Current Rom “boot.img”.or it's Flashable Rom Zip
  • Custom ROM Marshmallow(CM,Mokee,etc) “boot.img”.or it's Flashable Rom Zip
  • TWRP Recovery Must Be Flashed To recovery Partition
  • An External Micro Sd Card.. With Minimum Free Space 8-10GB.
  • A Cup Of Hot Coffee / Ramen

Our Ultimate Tool Looks Like This

Our Ultimate App Looks Like This

DroidDual Boot Tool Majorly Contains Four Parts.
1. Wizard -: Used To Dual Boot Your Device
2. Tool -: Used To unpack/repack boot & recovery image files (For Advanced Users)
3. Donations - : Your Efforts Are Most Appreciable For us To Continue Our Work For All Android Devices. For Further Details Regarding Donation Kindly Contact Us. See You In Donation Page
4. AboutUs -: It’s Your Courtesy To Know About Us

How To Use This Ultimate Tool

Step 1 -: Select The Custom rom zip which you are going to install. Either Select The zip or it's boot.img
Step 2 -: Now Select your Custom TWRP Recovery.img in the Second Browse
Step 3 -: Here’s the Main Part. Now What You Have to do is .
- You need to pick up the boot.img from your current ROM i.e.
- Either you select the current rom zip . (“Which Is Flashed Already In your Device”) or select the boot.img from Your current rom zip
- OR If You Don't Have Your Current rom zip.. you can use these app From PlayStore To backup your Current bootpartition. (boot.img)
Rashr Open the app>Click On backup>Kernel backup>filename.img BackUpFile.img is Located In

Step 4 -: Once All the above *.img's / *.zips was selected . Select your device Then click start wizard It'll automatically does the necessary patches for your device & opens the folder.

Keywords:
1. Boot-To-Secondary_BackUp_Rom.zip = This Zip Is used to boot into Your Rom WHICH IS RESTORED VIA RECOVERY.This Zip Contains the patched recovery & patched boot.
2. Boot-To-Primary_Custom_Rom.zip = This Zip Is used to boot into cutom rom.This zip contains normal TWRP recovery & your Selected Custom rom Boot.img file.
3. /sdcard1 = Ext-card / Micro sd card
The Opened Folder Usually look Like This.

Flashing Process

Step 1 -: Paste that Folder Into Your Ext-Card Root Folder.. Like This

Note:: Always The path of DualBoot Folder & Sub Folders In Ext-card Root Folder (/sdcard1/DualBoot/AboveFolders/**.zip)has to Be Maintained..Otherwise No Flashing Will Work..

Step 2 -: Copy the Custom Rom Which you want to install And paste It in Install This Rom Folder..Check the Above picture..
I Assume you have done all Backup Of Internal & Cust EFS,Persist,Firmware Partitions

Step 3 -: Install Our DualBootManagerApp..You Can Find it in DualBoot Foder .Click On Wizard-->Click Create Partitions…Like Below..Now The Magic Starts..It Took Around 20 Min. Don’t Interrupt the process… Now Enjoy Your Coffee / Ramen

That’s it Guys..With In Three Steps..you Are in DualBoot.. Once the Above Process Done Perfectly You’ll Be Again Boot back to Your Current Rom..Again Use Our App..To Switch between Os’s..

Check Out These Videos..If you want .For How to Flash..
Dual Boot Flashing (youtube)

Switch Os's

It's Dead Easy..Use our App go to SwitchOs’s..Select Your Desired OS..

Flashing Part Revert back to Normal

1. Take A BackUp of your Internal..and Rom use Switch os To boot into particular Os And take a Copy & backup Of Respective os’s..Like Which os Backup you want..
2. Use Our App Wizard--> Remove Partitions.. Once All Done You’ll Rebooted Into Recovery..
3. There restore Your Rom. Or install new zips What Ever You Want….

Check Out this video If you Want. For Revert back to Normal.
Revert Back To Normal (youtube)

Check Out the FAQ (MUST)

Make Sure To Check Out The Help & About Us Tabs In our Tool.. Where You Can Find The More In a Crystal Clear way About The Procedures..

1. What I have to do.If I want to change (Flashing New) custom roms?
A) Simply Follow Step 1 & Step 2 In How to use Dual boot wizard. Then Click Start Wizard..Then You’ll Get New Boot-To-Primary_Custom_Rom.zip In /DualBoot/2-SwitchOS..Copy That Zip And paste It In Your Micro-Sdcard..The Path Should Be Like /sdcard1/DualBoot/2-SwitchOS/ Paste The New File In here …Use our App to Switch to Primary os..Then Reboot to recovery..There flash Your new Custom Rom zip..

NOTE If you Are Changing(Flashing New) Custom Roms .Then You have to do the above process. Then Only Your Device Will boot into that particular Custom rom.You have to do this every time When Ever You Are Changing Custom Rom. The Main Purpose Of This Zips is to Switch between Custom rom to secondary (backUp) Rom. If You Didn’t change the boot.img while installing new rom.you cannot switch between roms.

2. If you Face Any Error Which Cant Be resolved..
A) Flash A full rom via edl mode. (Download Mode)

3) How to change(Flashing new) secondary(backup) rom.if i get any new update..
A) Changing the backup rom which was in /system2 /data2 was lenthy..it is like a permanent rom..I mean it's not easily changable ..if u want to change it no matter what..Here's one way.Use the wizard tool again from the beginning by browsing your new update rom in secondary os.then copy the new files in ext-card "DualBoot" folder..Then Start Remove partition process then Install Your updated rom.. there in that rom do what ever changes you want.Install Our App.Then Start the flashing process like from the beggining...

4) What Do i have to do if i want to flash any xposed or dolby or super su or any zips in any rom..
A) No Worries just Flash Them Normally as usual in recovery.. If it didn't work then report us.we'll look in that

5) When Will We Get This Awesome Tool & App For Our Other Xiaomi Devices...
A) As For now, It is For All Redmi 3S Varients..Soon..In the Next Release..We'll Include 2 More Devices..But We Need Your Support ..If You think We Are Affordable .You Can Show Us Your Support via Donations..Until Then .Stay Tuned With Our Forum...

Credits
Android Core Research & Development Team.
Justify Born Shadap (@justzzshadz),
Sai Tyson (Tyson),
Yuventius Hadinata Irgianto (Silfox),

Are The Developers of Droid Dual BootTool

Specific Device Testers
Thanks To m4mohit For Banner Editing
Humble Thanks to Our Donators. (Help Us to Serve You Better)

XDA:DevDB Information
Droid Dual Boot Tool, Tool/Utility for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
SILF0X, Tyson12

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-02-28

Created 2017-02-22
Last Updated 2017-02-28
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SILF0X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SILF0X Ad-Free
20th February 2017, 02:43 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Bandar Lampung

Donate to Me
More
DOWNLOAD LINK :
DROID DUAL BOOT TOOL V.1.1

Change log :
V.1
- Initial Released

V.1.1
- Added Dual Boot Manager.apk
- Added MobiKwik
- Added "Open Folder"
- Change some documentation
- Change some filename (due android limitation)

"More devices will add soon on next update. Stay tuned with us"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SILF0X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SILF0X Ad-Free
22nd February 2017, 06:11 PM |#4  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Thank you So much for Developing this tool. I will test this tool to install 2 ROMs
The Following User Says Thank You to m4mohit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m4mohit Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 06:08 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Bandar Lampung

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4mohit

Thank you So much for Developing this tool. I will test this tool to install 2 ROMs

Thanks you mohit for the banners.
The Following User Says Thank You to SILF0X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SILF0X Ad-Free
23rd February 2017, 08:14 AM |#6  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 296

Donate to Me
More
Not gonna using MIUI and LineageOS same time but thanks you for this developing for our device !
24th February 2017, 08:41 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Bandar Lampung

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimpig1

Not gonna using MIUI and LineageOS same time but thanks you for this developing for our device !

Thanks bro
The Following User Says Thank You to SILF0X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SILF0X Ad-Free
24th February 2017, 07:34 PM |#8  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILF0X

Thanks you mohit for the banners.

My Pleasure
25th February 2017, 02:46 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Bandar Lampung

Donate to Me
More
Updated : Dual Boot Switcher
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SILF0X For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SILF0X Ad-Free
3rd March 2017, 05:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILF0X

Updated : Dual Boot Switcher

anyone tried its working or has bugs?
4th March 2017, 12:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This isn't easy job. Good job bro..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread