[DISCONTINUED][KERNEL][RIVA][ROLEX] DireWolf Unified kernel - Redmi 5A and Redmi 4A

2nd August 2018 03:06 PM 15 Thanks
LordShenron Senior Member
ALERT: THIS KERNEL IS DISCONTINUED AND MAY NOT BOOT ANYMORE.

FEEL THE FULL POWER OF YOUR DEVICE

About DireWolf Kernel

DireWolf Kernel is a new kernel and it works on both Redmi 4A and 5A. It is developed to give the maximum in every aspect of the device. I added governors, i/o schedulers, various other things to get the maximum out of the device. It supports spectrum profiles and also has a lot of other stuffs that tweakers like.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
 * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
 * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and
 * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
 * laugh at you xD
 */

Features
  • Linux version 3.18.116
  • Unified for 4A and 5A
  • Better battery life and performance
  • Wireguard support
  • Supports spectrum profiles
  • Boeffla wakelock blocker
  • Overclocking and underclocking
  • Overclocked Audio processor
  • Overclocked Slimbus
  • Disabled CRC check for better io
  • Snappy compression and decompression
  • DTS eagle(New driver)
  • Overall sound tweakings
  • Governors: Electron, alucard, conservative, ondemand, userspace, interactive, powersave, lionheart, lionfish, performance
  • I/O schedulers: Maple(default), zen, noop, deadline, cfq, bfq
  • TCP congestion algorithm : cubic, reno, westwood(default), bic, htcp, highspeed, vegas, veno, scalable, lp, yeah, illinois
  • Works on Unified ROMs based on Fabian's trees
  • AutoSMP hotplug

Requirements
  • Must be on Oreo based ROM based on Fabian's Unified Tree
  • A custom recovery (TWRP) should be installed

How to flash
  • Download the kernel zip from the link below
  • Boot into recovery mode
  • Select DireWolf-vxxUnified.zip file
  • Flash the zip
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy

DOWNLOADS

Latest Unified Build

Credits

-LordArcadius (For helping me always)
-33bca (for his source)
-Anoop
-flar2
-Team Infinity
-sunnyraj84348
-sayantan
-frap129
-franciscofranco
-sultanxda
-AnirudhGupta
-Lazerlord(For battery profile)
-All others devs and people
Don't mind if i missed any credit , just remind me and i will edit

XDA:DevDB Information
DireWolf Kernel, Kernel for the Xiaomi Redmi 5A

Contributors
LordShenron
Source Code: https://github.com/LordShenron/Direwolf_unified

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2
Stable Release Date: 2018-07-23

Created 2018-08-02
Last Updated 2018-08-02

XDA:DevDB Information
DireWolf Unified, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 5A

Contributors
LordShenron
ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2018-08-03
Last Updated 2020-05-15
4th August 2018 02:07 PM 0 Thanks
ezrawk Senior Member
Infinity got vacuumed, but we're saved by DireWolf! Long live @LordShenron!
4th August 2018 02:41 PM 0 Thanks
syndrm Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrawk

Bro do you already have the best setting for our riva with this DireWolf kernel?
4th August 2018 03:00 PM 0 Thanks
Quote:

Infinity will be missed a lot
4th August 2018 03:00 PM 0 Thanks
ezrawk Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndrm

Bro do you already have the best setting for our riva with this DireWolf kernel?

Nah mate, I haven't found my sweet spot yet. Well Dire is spectrum compatible so for the meantime go with spectrum. I'm not using spectrum though. The only significant thing I've done is just set the max freq to 1651 and min freq to 200, deactivated CC (core control), turned on autosmp Hotplug and rewrite the the interactive governor's target load to "1 200000:90" to make sure it drops to 200Mhz when my phones idle. Maple was set on default (thank LordShenron for that) and now we have westwood (total bliss) as TCP. Oh I did change entropy settings, I don't know why in Infinity it had a big difference in snappiness, but when I changed the read_wakeup_threshold to 80 (def 64) it speed up my 5A a lil. Haven't seen major difference in Dire though, maybe it's not needed, but still I'm holding on to 80

I don't know if this is right (havent have the time to read the logs or dmsegs) but I think with autosmp on, sometimes it makes the device hard to wake up (from sleep) and there was this one time (yesterday) that when I was on the road with music on, the player just played choppy sounds as if the my phone was slow (no heating issues though). So I rebooted and it didn't happen again. I don't know what happened back then, but I don't see it as a bug because after that it didn't since I rebooted the phone.

Try finding your own sweet spot on dire and post it here, I'd love to implement it too
4th August 2018 03:01 PM 1 Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndrm

It got spectrum support, i already implemented the best settings in that, so just download spectrum app
4th August 2018 03:04 PM 0 Thanks
ezrawk Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShenron

Infinity will be missed a lot

Agreed my friend. But I'm really grateful that you showed up. We would've lost updated kernels without your DireWolf. Will be rooting for any development from you. Keep it up, and stay happy mate. I expect nothing more than you doing your hobby. If you got to leave the devs, thats fine its your life and its way much important than anything else.
4th August 2018 03:11 PM 2 Thanks
Quote:

Nah mate, I haven't found my sweet spot yet. Well Dire is spectrum compatible so for the meantime go with spectrum. I'm not using spectrum though. The only significant thing I've done is just set the max freq to 1651 and min freq to 200, deactivated CC (core control), turned on autosmp Hotplug and rewrite the the interactive governor's target load to "1 200000:90" to make sure it drops to 200Mhz when my phones idle. Maple was set on default (thank LordShenron for that) and now we have westwood (total bliss) as TCP. Oh I did change entropy settings, I don't know why in Infinity it had a big difference in snappiness, but when I changed the read_wakeup_threshold to 80 (def 64) it speed up my 5A a lil. Haven't seen major difference in Dire though, maybe it's not needed, but still I'm holding on to 80

I don't know if this is right (havent have the time to read the logs or dmsegs) but I think with autosmp on, sometimes it makes the device hard to wake up (from sleep) and there was this one time (yesterday) that when I was on the road with music on, the player just played choppy sounds as if the my phone was slow (no heating issues though). So I rebooted and it didn't happen again. I don't know what happened back then, but I don't see it as a bug because after that it didn't since I rebooted the phone.

Try finding your own sweet spot on dire and post it here, I'd love to implement it too

Yes AutoSMP is little bit harsh. I also found it makes device wakeup a difficult task. But since i found its quite efficient in battery saving so i kept it. Now the choppy sound will most likely be fixed if u add some speaker gain (as i tested). And for the death sleep i think autosmp after wakeup doesn't let the cpus come online, so if after wakeup all cpus come online at the higest frequency there will be no issues. I will test this soon.
4th August 2018 03:16 PM 0 Thanks
ezrawk Senior Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShenron

Yes AutoSMP is little bit harsh. I also found it makes device wakeup a difficult task. But since i found its quite efficient in battery saving so i kept it. Now the choppy sound will most likely be fixed if u add some speaker gain (as i tested). And for the death sleep i think autosmp after wakeup doesn't let the cpus come online, so if after wakeup all cpus come online at the higest frequency there will be no issues. I will test this soon.

Take your time mate, thanks for the quick reply, If I got issues I'll PM you on Telegram or I'll just chat on Catalyst & Dire group.
4th August 2018 03:17 PM 1 Thanks
Quote:

Agreed my friend. But I'm really grateful that you showed up. We would've lost updated kernels without your DireWolf. Will be rooting for any development from you. Keep it up, and stay happy mate. I expect nothing more than you doing your hobby. If you got to leave the devs, thats fine its your life and its way much important than anything else.

Then i think u won't be much happy coz direwolf will also be closed soon as i will be changing device But i really hope that someone will continue it.
close
Advanced Search
close