Redmi Note 5A Prime Bootloader Unlocking

Search This thread

mr nick

Jul 27, 2007
Melbourne
I have just got a Redmi Note 5A Prime and want to unlock the bootloader. I've applied for and received unlock permission from Xiaomi but when I run the unlock tool it tells me that my account is not bound to the phone. It tells me I need to add the account in the Mi Unlock Status section of the dev settings but according to this, the phone is not locked and there is no option to add a device so there is no way for me to bind the device and account.

1.png 2.png

The bootloader is definitely locked as confirmed by fastboot oem device-info.

3.png

I have read multiple threads on the MIUI forums about unlocking the bootloader but the information is very conflicting with much of it contradicting other info and none of it seeming to help me. Some says you can only unlock the bootloader when a certain ROM is installed, others say they have unlocked the bootloader using different ROMs - I've got MIUI Global 9.2 Stable 9.2.1.0.0. Some says you have to wait for days between receiving the permission and the unlock process working, others saying it worked for them immediately. Some say after months they still can't unlock.

If I log into my Mi account it shows that my phone is registered, if I use the 'find my device' option it correctly locates it so it 'seems' that the phone is correctly linked to my account and so I'm struggling to figure out how I get past this issue and unlock the bootloader.

Is there anybody out there who has successfully unlocked their bootloader who can provide any insight?

Reactions: mribraqdbra

mannyvzla

Jun 6, 2011
Valencia
Redmi Note 10S
I have just got a Redmi Note 5A Prime and want to unlock the bootloader. I've applied for and received unlock permission from Xiaomi but when I run the unlock tool it tells me that my account is not bound to the phone. It tells me I need to add the account in the Mi Unlock Status section of the dev settings but according to this, the phone is not locked and there is no option to add a device so there is no way for me to bind the device and account.

View attachment 4442642 View attachment 4442643

View attachment 4442644

I have read multiple threads on the MIUI forums about unlocking the bootloader but the information is very conflicting with much of it contradicting other info and none of it seeming to help me. Some says you can only unlock the bootloader when a certain ROM is installed, others say they have unlocked the bootloader using different ROMs - I've got MIUI Global 9.2 Stable 9.2.1.0.0. Some says you have to wait for days between receiving the permission and the unlock process working, others saying it worked for them immediately. Some say after months they still can't unlock.

If I log into my Mi account it shows that my phone is registered, if I use the 'find my device' option it correctly locates it so it 'seems' that the phone is correctly linked to my account and so I'm struggling to figure out how I get past this issue and unlock the bootloader.

Is there anybody out there who has successfully unlocked their bootloader who can provide any insight?

For unlocking you need to bound your device to your account in the developer settings (it is not an standard option so it needs to be activated in the about device section, Google it). If still you can't then you go to mi account and logoff and login again. That worked for me. Now I'm in the 360 hrs period wait though.

mr nick

Jul 27, 2007
Melbourne
The problem was caused by having a fake ROM installed. I had to flash the stable Chinese ROM using the testpoints method and then I was able to bind the account etc. The phone has now been unlocked and flashed with the official global ROM for a few weeks and is receiving OTA updates etc so all good in the end.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A using Tapatalk

victor.neyoy

Oct 14, 2015
i read about you had to apply for unlocking that i will get a text message about ten days before i applied now its like a month and i hadn't got any text message, what should i do? im thinking on getting another android rom cause i dont know i kinda disliked the bloatware.

mad2mystic

Jun 29, 2017
The problem was caused by having a fake ROM installed. I had to flash the stable Chinese ROM using the testpoints method and then I was able to bind the account etc. The phone has now been unlocked and flashed with the official global ROM for a few weeks and is receiving OTA updates etc so all good in the end.
How can the phone come with fake rom preinstalled. I have heard lot about xiaomi phones coming with fake rom installed . How can a company ship phones with fake rom. I have redmi 5A phone and the phone is not getting unlocked the error on phone is 86012 error and on pc mi flash unlock tool the error is current account cannot unlock the device.

mr nick

Jul 27, 2007
Melbourne
It didn't come from Xiaomi directly. The phones are primarily made for the Chinese market so ship with a Chinese ROM by default from Xiaomi. The resellers who then want to sell to a global market put the fake ROMs on to the phones due to the way Xiaomi controls the bootloader unlock process. Personally, now I know the situation and how to rectify it I would happily buy another Xiaomi phone even if it had a fake ROM.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A Prime using Tapatalk

Dhruvism01

Apr 17, 2016
How can the phone come with fake rom preinstalled. I have heard lot about xiaomi phones coming with fake rom installed . How can a company ship phones with fake rom. I have redmi 5A phone and the phone is not getting unlocked the error on phone is 86012 error and on pc mi flash unlock tool the error is current account cannot unlock the device.

I have the same error, any fixes?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same problem, and now the xiaomi software says me to wait 360 hours, wich is stupid....

Nah guess that we will die without unlock this ****

1.png 2.png

3.png

I have the same problem, and now the xiaomi software says me to wait 360 hours, wich is stupid....

Nah guess that we will die without unlock this ****
    yes.too stupid.

View attachment 4442642 View attachment 4442643

View attachment 4442644

For unlocking you need to bound your device to your account in the developer settings (it is not an standard option so it needs to be activated in the about device section, Google it). If still you can't then you go to mi account and logoff and login again. That worked for me. Now I'm in the 360 hrs period wait though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5A using Tapatalk