Google Pixel 2 Ported Camera Working on Redmi 5A, SD 425

Search This thread

Ash1198

Nov 26, 2017
I'm using Samsung galaxy grand prime with snapdragon 410. Can I use it. It's work for me or not..

sunilromy

Apr 19, 2011
mumbai
Reactions: androwide

satiryco

Dec 20, 2015
Castrovillari
Hi, good work.
1 question; can i use gcam without unlocking bootloader, twrp recovery and flashing magisk and zip?
Only root permission with some app and hall string on build.prop? thanks.

sunilromy

Apr 19, 2011
mumbai
Hi, good work.
1 question; can i use gcam without unlocking bootloader, twrp recovery and flashing magisk and zip?
You can't use without bootloader unlock cause we need root. And you can't root without bootloader unlock and yes, Hal string on build.prop.

Rjrahul3

May 20, 2018
Redmi 5a google camera

Some time while capturing portrait image it stop suddenly and also when I clicking normal image it stop so tell me if I need to change some setting or I should try new version and also tell me which version I should use for my redmi 5a.
Thanks

syndrm

Apr 29, 2016
Did it work for 8.1 Oreo? Cz I tried many gcam on my redmi 5a, 8.1.0 Oreo, los. No one working

May 27, 2018
Hello guys, and today i'll be sharing a great post with you guys that how can you use Google Pixel 2's Portrait effect on Your Snapdragon 400 Series Powered android devices, (as of now i have tested on Redmi 5A) and it working super fine, like i am able to capture Front Cam Bokeh shots, and rear cam portrait images, so in this post i'll show you how to enable or use Google Pixel 2's Modded Camera on Your Redmi 5A :)

so first of all i would like to thanks Senior XDA developers @Arnova8G2 and @miniuser123 for improving these kind of port.

Disclaimer:

guys the process requires Root Access to enable Camera2API, so it will void your warranty, and also if you dont follow the steps correctly you can brick your device, do it at your own risk, AndroWide is not responsible for any issues caused to your phone after rooting or during the process.

Known Bugs :

After enabling Camera2API on Redmi 5A MIUI camera does't work (you can disable the Camera2API at any time to use stock camera),
Video Recording is not working on GCMode Camera as of now on Redmi 5A.

Now let me tell you that what you will have to do to achieve this camera port on you device.

Steps :

Unlock Your Bootloader

Download Magisk.zip file and LazyFlasher.zip files and put it on your Redmi 5A's Internal Storage and also download the GCMode camera apk and put put it on your device

Download and install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on Your Laptop/PC

Download latest adb folder (extract it to desktop)

Download the official TWRP for Redmi 5A and ( copy twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img to the adb folder)

Now boot you device into fastboot mode (simply press and hold volume down + power key for upto 5 seconds)

now connect your device with the pc and open the adb folder,

now press & hold shift key and press right click on the screen to open command window AKA powershell window (just open the command window)

now type command:

fastboot devices

now it will show you some random string (that means you device has been detected)

now run the following command :

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img

now type the following command :

fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img

now your device will boot into recovery mode just swipe right,

now click on install and select the LazyFlasher.zip file, after flashing done, just reboot your device,

now again boot into twrp recovery by pressing and holding volume Up+power key at the same time for upto 6 seconds

now again click on install and this time select magisk.zip file and wait until it shows done, now just reboot your device

and download the magisk manager app and install it, now download build prop editor from play store and edit the build.prop file (make sure to make a backup of your stock build.prop file)

now add the following line in build.prop file

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 save the file and reboot your device.

now install the GCMod Camera which you have downloaded in the step one and make the following settings.

go to GCMod Settings, Click on Config camera HDR+ and select Nexux 5X, and click on model and select Nexus 5X, now scroll down and go to advanced and Enable HDR+ Control,

Now Just force close the GCMod Camera and now you can capture great portrait images with the front cam as well as rear cam.

:good::good::good:

Hello guys
If i'm rooted
Will i skip the magisk step??
I already rooted and i have magisk
And another question if i did it and installed the Googlw camera how can i back to the stock camera ?
Thanks in advance!

androwide

Jan 10, 2015
Noida
www.androwide.com
Use GCam Without ROOT

Hi, good work.

hi, there is a way by which you can use GCam without rooting or permanently flashing TWRP on ur device, but your bootloader should be unlocked,

follow the same process on your redmi 5a, but just change the twrp (u have to use twrp of redmi 5a itself) and change the boot command accordingly, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZtC80bZOqY&t=53s

androwide

Jan 10, 2015
Noida
www.androwide.com
Hello guys
If i'm rooted
Will i skip the magisk step??
I already rooted and i have magisk
And another question if i did it and installed the Googlw camera how can i back to the stock camera ?
Thanks in advance!

if you rooted already then no need to root it gain, and if you want to go back to stock camera then simply open the build prop file and delete the line you have added and save and reboot the device.

Reactions: shekhar4u

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    with-and-without-blur.jpg

Hello guys, and today i'll be sharing a great post with you guys that how can you use Google Pixel 2's Portrait effect on Your Snapdragon 400 Series Powered android devices, (as of now i have tested on Redmi 5A) and it working super fine, like i am able to capture Front Cam Bokeh shots, and rear cam portrait images, so in this post i'll show you how to enable or use Google Pixel 2's Modded Camera on Your Redmi 5A :)

so first of all i would like to thanks Senior XDA developers @Arnova8G2 and @miniuser123 for improving these kind of port.

Disclaimer:

guys the process requires Root Access to enable Camera2API, so it will void your warranty, and also if you dont follow the steps correctly you can brick your device, do it at your own risk, AndroWide is not responsible for any issues caused to your phone after rooting or during the process.

Known Bugs :

After enabling Camera2API on Redmi 5A MIUI camera does't work (you can disable the Camera2API at any time to use stock camera),
    Video Recording is not working on GCMode Camera as of now on Redmi 5A.

Now let me tell you that what you will have to do to achieve this camera port on you device.

Steps :

Unlock Your Bootloader

Download Magisk.zip file and LazyFlasher.zip files and put it on your Redmi 5A's Internal Storage and also download the GCMode camera apk and put put it on your device

Download and install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on Your Laptop/PC

Download latest adb folder (extract it to desktop)

Download the official TWRP for Redmi 5A and ( copy twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img to the adb folder)

Now boot you device into fastboot mode (simply press and hold volume down + power key for upto 5 seconds)

now connect your device with the pc and open the adb folder,

now press & hold shift key and press right click on the screen to open command window AKA powershell window (just open the command window)

now type command:

fastboot devices

now it will show you some random string (that means you device has been detected)

now run the following command :

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img

now type the following command :

fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-riva.img

now your device will boot into recovery mode just swipe right,

now click on install and select the LazyFlasher.zip file, after flashing done, just reboot your device,

now again boot into twrp recovery by pressing and holding volume Up+power key at the same time for upto 6 seconds

now again click on install and this time select magisk.zip file and wait until it shows done, now just reboot your device

and download the magisk manager app and install it, now download build prop editor from play store and edit the build.prop file (make sure to make a backup of your stock build.prop file)

now add the following line in build.prop file

persist.camera.HAL3.enabled=1 save the file and reboot your device.

now install the GCMod Camera which you have downloaded in the step one and make the following settings.

go to GCMod Settings, Click on Config camera HDR+ and select Nexux 5X, and click on model and select Nexus 5X, now scroll down and go to advanced and Enable HDR+ Control,

Now Just force close the GCMod Camera and now you can capture great portrait images with the front cam as well as rear cam.

:good::good::good:
    Well yesterday i did research for fix and found an apk working awsome on my phone . Both video and portrait mode are working flawlessly and its pre configured.
    Go to this link: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

Download the " scrubber_GCam_5.1.018 (scrubber, 2018-01-07) " apk install it and use it. ;)
    Awesome

Wow super, just used perform well.. fix bugs soon
    can anybody suggest perfect gcam with setting to get the best out of the camera?
    Wow super, just used perform well.. fix bugs soon

yes, it works super amazing, with a single lens and on a cheapest smartphone of India, and i am pretty impressed with the quality...:):)