[GUIDE][Redmi 5A] How to change Splash Screen (Boot Logo) for Redmi 5A

Search This thread

GokulNC

Jan 10, 2015
Chennai
github.com
Note:
This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Mi' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Redmi 5A Only..
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.

Requirements:
1. Rooted Redmi 5A (any ROM)
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.

STEPS to create splash.img:

Before proceeding, make sure fastboot is setup properly in your computer (just incase something goes wrong)..

1. Download & Extract this in computer: Redmi_5A_Splash_Maker.zip

2. Make sure you have a 720x1280 resolution picture.

3. Now rename your picture as logo.png or logo.jpg (according to its format) & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
(Similarly you can also change fastboot.png if you wish to change the picture of fastboot)

4. Finally, run the 'Create_Logo.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder.

STEPS to flash splash.img:

Optional: To backup your original splash.img:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
(Not necessary though.. You may get it from the stock firmware itself.)

Now, Choose any one easy method:

a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.

b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash

c. To flash from Fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot flash splash splash.img

Note:
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.

Credits:
Thanks to @franktom for the stock splash.img of Redmi 5A.

Hit the Thanks :good: button if it worked for you :)

You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..

Attachments

• Redmi_5A_Splash_Maker.zip
    12.3 MB · Views: 4,409
  • stock_splash_redmi_5a.zip
    458 KB · Views: 1,707
Last edited:

Amitesh Gautam

May 27, 2018
Please friend help me its not working friend for me when i sets splash screen by flashing zip file using twrp latest them my spash screen what i created it comes for a little second like 0.0000001s and then mi stock splash screen appears and then it starts bootanimation and finaly i am back to my lockscreen please help me fast i am on redmi 5A custom rom cr droid how to do it please tell me

deak311

Aug 5, 2019

It bricked my redmi 5a, when booting, xiaomi bunny appears and random characters then it boots into 900e diagnostics mode...
I flashed with fastboot flash splash splash.img... Now I'm trying to repair with MiFlash. :crying:

EDIT:
May be the problem that I flashedwith that default Google logo andnot a 720x1080 picture?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note:
    This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Mi' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
    This is for Redmi 5A Only..
    For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.

Requirements:
    1. Rooted Redmi 5A (any ROM)
    2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
    3. You're proceeding at your own risk.

STEPS to create splash.img:

Before proceeding, make sure fastboot is setup properly in your computer (just incase something goes wrong)..

1. Download & Extract this in computer: Redmi_5A_Splash_Maker.zip

2. Make sure you have a 720x1280 resolution picture.

3. Now rename your picture as logo.png or logo.jpg (according to its format) & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
    (Similarly you can also change fastboot.png if you wish to change the picture of fastboot)

4. Finally, run the 'Create_Logo.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder.

STEPS to flash splash.img:

Optional: To backup your original splash.img:

Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash.img
    (Not necessary though.. You may get it from the stock firmware itself.)

Now, Choose any one easy method:

a. To flash from recovery:
    Transfer the flashable_splash.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.

b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
    Transfer the splash.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
    Code:
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash

c. To flash from Fastboot mode:
    Code:
    fastboot flash splash splash.img

Note:
    Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from custom recovery or fastboot.

Credits:
    Thanks to @franktom for the stock splash.img of Redmi 5A.

Hit the Thanks :good: button if it worked for you :)

You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..
    Thank you very much for build this tool.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Thank you very much for build this tool.

I'm tested, it's worked as expect, thanks, love u.:D
    Ok

Can anyone make splashscreen google for me

I Just made Google bootlogo