FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [INDEX][AIO][Rooting,Guides,Recoveries,Roms]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 20th October 2014, 09:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [INDEX][AIO][Rooting,Guides,Recoveries,Roms]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

20th October 2014, 09:13 PM |#2  

More
Is installing a custom rom remove/improve problems in xolo q700
Well I have been using my q700 for 1 year and exactly just after 1 year (after the warranty peroid is over) the mobile has been having many problems mostly hardware related. Just like the other mobiles out there its having the misbehaving touchscreen problem and the capacitive buttons have gone dead( havent had the swollen battery issue). I highly suspect this to be more like a software issue thats been generated by xolo after a particular period of usage of the handset. Or I may be wrong but every user have been starting to have this problems after 10-11 months of usage.
and I have not used my mobile much except for few phone calls (its my secondary cell). So my question is whether it is possible to inject such problems by above mentioned method and now can I use any custom rom that will remove such problems? Or is it just a hardware issue that everyone faces?
28th October 2014, 03:04 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanx8888

Well I have been using my q700 for 1 year and exactly just after 1 year (after the warranty peroid is over) the mobile has been having many problems mostly hardware related. Just like the other mobiles out there its having the misbehaving touchscreen problem and the capacitive buttons have gone dead( havent had the swollen battery issue). I highly suspect this to be more like a software issue thats been generated by xolo after a particular period of usage of the handset. Or I may be wrong but every user have been starting to have this problems after 10-11 months of usage.
and I have not used my mobile much except for few phone calls (its my secondary cell). So my question is whether it is possible to inject such problems by above mentioned method and now can I use any custom rom that will remove such problems? Or is it just a hardware issue that everyone faces?

flashed baidu rom today eve; and i jst love it .. jst one issue.. while on call the volume is very low; i tried acessing mode as per xolo q700 ; bt it didnt worked... can u pls do smthng abt this .... kicakss rom tough ..... grt job
29th October 2014, 08:53 AM |#4  

More
android 4.4.2 kitkat from modded from from cyanogen mod 10.1
I m using a custom rom called project doge in my xolo q 700 since more than 4 months. It is cyanogenmod 10.1 working flawlessly.
Following r the details
Model no: Nexus 4
Android version : 4.4.2
Build no: DogeMod_v1
Developed by: back37 bgos10

other detail
shows kit kat logo
Sony walkman player installed with viper4android
xposed installer with gravity box, busy box, Xuimod
prerooted

ps: I have tried almost all the roms listed here by far i felt this as the best, without any glitch with butter smooth experience
i hav uploaded the screen shots here have a look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-29-13-16-26.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	2989772   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-29-13-16-38.png
Views:	82
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	2989773   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-29-13-15-18.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2989774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-10-29-13-15-30.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	2989775  
9th March 2015, 06:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Flashing rom
I have a xolo q700i and I rooted it and installed cwm according to or instructions ..... I wanted somebody to tell me if the internal memory of the phone will be wiped if I flash any ROM with cwm ..... Thank u .....
2nd April 2015, 08:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
recovery update not found (even after turn off wifi/mobile data)
i m new here, plz help, while using mobile uncle tools--> recovery update ---> ??

i can't find my xolo q700 recovery.img from several recovery.img( in wifi mode)
and also it shows nothing while i disconected from wifi ( no recovery.img file )

what to do ? reply soon
31st July 2015, 10:58 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
owner of this thread n all other user who owns xolo q700, may this will helpful to u
ROOTING, FLASHING NEW ROM, UPGRADING FIRMWARE, FLASHING RECOVERY FOR THE XOLO Q700 :
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE THINGS n PROCEDURES THAT ARE EXPLAINED HERE ONLY RELATED TO (MTK 6789 DEVICE) XOLO Q700 , I

DON'T SURE ABOUT OTHER DEVICE ( SO CAREFULLY TAKE THE DECISION):

Remember FOR PLAYING TRICKS WITH UR DEVICE IS NOT A FUNNY THING AT ALL, IF U HAVE PASSION FOR IT, OR U

HAVE TO EXPERIMENT WITH UR DEVICE, THEN N THEN ONLY DO THIS ALL STUFFS.
CONS : UR DEVICE CAN POSSIBLE OF GETTING BRICKED.
UR DEVICE WARRANTY IS NO MORE VALID AFTER ROOTING IT.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKING OF UR DEVICE, IS BECAUSE MAY BE ON UR DEVICE, ON UR PC, SETTINGS

ARE NOT ALL THE SAME AS WITH MINE.

SO THERE ARE SO MANY CHANCES THAT U GOT LOST.
I TRIED TO EXPLAIN AS MUCH AS I CAN.

IF U FIND THAT THERE IS SOMETHING MISSING OR CAN'T ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS, THEN U SHOULD

GOOGLE UR PROBLEM FIRST.

HAVE BACKUP OF ALL NECESSARY STUFFS (CURRENT ROM , SCATTER FILE, IMEI) IS THE ONLY ADVICE I AM

GIVING TO U. HAVE FUN.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ROOTING :

USE KINGROOT.APK TO INSTALL QUICKLY

U CAN ALSO USE FRAMAROOT.APK FOR ROOTING IF THE FIRST OPTION NOT DONE SUCCESSFULLY.

OR MANUALLY ROOT Q700 VIA PC ( SEARCH IT ON YOUTUBE U WILL GET PERFECT VIDEO FOR THIS,NO WORRY AT

ALL)

u can also root it via mtkdroidtools.exe via pc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHING CWM RECOVERY ON xolo q700 :

U NEED ;
download mobile uncle tools.apk from play store,
download cwm recovery for xolo q700 files . . .

put downloaded CWM RECOVERY.IMG FILE into sd card's root folder. ..

(main recovery.img file should be mandatory to be in root folder of sd card for detected by mobile uncle tools.)

after downloading, open mobile uncle, go to recovery update --> where will u find the recovery.img file from your sd card. .

.install it.

and your xolo q700 device is flashed with cwm recovery successfully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR UPGRADING XOLO Q700 DEVICE'S FIRMWARE TO XOLO Q700i'S FIRMWARE ::

u need;
vcom mtk 6589 drivers
mtkdroid tools.apk
sp tools.exe (use latest one, or go for version that is best suited for this device. i used is the version 3.1316.0.150)
q700i firmware

make sure you logged into win 8.1/WIN 8 with "disable certificate force check" mode . .

( u will find it in "change pc setting", under "recovery and update" ---> "startup option " --> advance startup

reboot and select 7 no. for disabling the force check of certification . . .( mandatory)

pc will reboot.

then install vcom driver for mtk 6589 device manually ( mandatory)

manual process : go to my computer --> right click "manage" --> go to "device manager" --> select the main root node--> and

right click --> select add legacy driver/device --> next next --> select the drive : locate the vcom driver folder in that go to win 7

folder ---> in that select file as per ur pc bit format --> next next --> select "install it anyway " --> next next -->finish

damn u manually installed the drivers.

NOTE :
IF there is more entry of drivers installation for the same mtk device. then first remove all the signs of previous installed drivers

by "usbdeview.exe" (google it if u don't understand the whole use of usbdeview.exe)

OPEN SP TOOLS
CLICK ON SCATTER LOADING --> SELECT THE MTK FILE FROM THE DOWNLOADED FIRMWARE OF Q700i
(DON'T CONNECT DEVICE DURING THIS TIME WITH PC)

THEN
REMOVE BATTERY, SIM, MEMORY CARD FROM XOLO Q700

THEN IN PC CHCK THE DL/DS CHECKSUM CHECKBOX

CLICK THE FIRMWARE-->UPGRADE BUTTON.

CONNECT UR PHONE WITH INSTALLING ONLY BATTERY WITH IT. DON'T SWITH ON IT. JUST PLUG IN WITH PC

USING DATA CABLE

THERE U GO SP TOOLS WILL FIND UR DEVICE N WILL START THE PROCESS OF UPGRADING THE FIRMWARE
BA
WAIT TILL THERE WILL BE A DIALOGUE BOX WITH GREEN CIRCLE APPEAR.
THAT SHOWS UR PROCEDURE SUCCESSFULLY FINISHED.

ENJOY THEN.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FLASHING THE NEW ROM ON XOLO Q700 :

THIS IS NOT AT ALL BIG DEAL

U need;
-mtkdroidtools.exe
-mobileuncle.apk
-the desired rom's zip file in ur device's sd card in root folder (the top most one)
-ur device should have root permission and the recovery should be there..

REMEMBER FOR FLASHING ANY ROM U FIRST NEED TO ROOT UR DEVICE, 2ND IS THAT U HAVE TO UPGRADE THE

FIRMWARE OF Q700 TO Q700i'S FIRMWARE.

RECOMMENDED IS THAT : U SHOULD FLASH ANY RECOVERY BEFORE DOING FLASHING ANYTHING ON UR DEVICE,

AND ALSO BACKUP OF UR CURRENT ROM WITH "MTKDROIDTOOLS.EXE" SO IF ANY DISASTER HAPPEN WITH UR

DEVICE THIS WILL BE HELPFUL.

DON'T FORGET TO HAVE BACKUP OF UR IMEI AS WELL (BY USING MOBILEUNCLE.APK IS GOOD OPTION)
THIS IS SURELY NEEDED. SO HAVE BACKUP OF IT.

THEN ONLY U ARE ABLE TO FLASH ANY ROM.

THERE ARE TOO OPTION (there can be other options, but what i know is this only)

USE ROM MANAGER (BUT THIS WILL ONLY BE USEFUL IF U HAVE A PRIMEUM ROM MANAGER.APK)

2ND OPTION :

reboot ur device in recovery mode ( simple as hell, just switch off ur device, then press power button + volume up key

simultaneously . . . wait for a sec.

u will get recovery window.

select wipe data --> wipe all data --> yes

select wipe cache --> wipe cache --> yes

select zip from sd card --> select the desired zip file of other rom -->and there u go -- > process will start in some second. wait

till then.

after take neccessary steps as per ur requirement. and ur process of flashing new rom is successfully done.

after flashing new rom, restore ur imei's n all other necessory things.

may this help u guys. have a great day.
enjoy.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamgovind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamgovind Ad-Free
13th August 2015, 03:52 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Xolo Q700 Flash Tools HELP!!!! phone almost bricked
Hi Everyone
I have flashed Xperia Z2 rom on and it was stuck on boot loop and had to format the phone using SP Falsh Tools, unfortunately i dont have backup of my phone and I am trying to flash stock rom downloaded from needrom.com but was highly unscuccessful as there are a lot of problems with the Scatter file and checksum file , now i am really left with a totally empty phone please help me !!

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep.betha

Hi Everyone
I have flashed Xperia Z2 rom on and it was stuck on boot loop and had to format the phone using SP Falsh Tools, unfortunately i dont have backup of my phone and I am trying to flash stock rom downloaded from needrom.com but was highly unscuccessful as there are a lot of problems with the Scatter file and checksum file , now i am really left with a totally empty phone please help me !!

If anyone knows how to revive this phone from a complete format please direct me to there or just help me with the flash files and the procedure, it would be really helpful
15th August 2015, 02:15 PM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1

More
question
hi, m in xolo q700i now with xolo Q700, some user app icon showing shadow. any solution
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)