[CLOSED] Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Where did you get the Customized EU 55.1.A.0.748 J9210 ?? I does not appear on XperiFirm.

My Bad, it is the UK one... I'm also still waiting for customized EU which was always My Choice for Xperia Sources and Development. I'm currently working with GSIs on My Xperia 5 but think i will Release some Stock work soon since i prefer Xperia Android actually over AOSP...

Users will be able to use any Base Firmwares (Android 10) for it but i will personally Test on Custom EU :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: pierro78

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Just downloaded J9210_Customized EU3_1320-1208_55.1.A.3.49_R2B. I will release a Update after getting it running on My X5 this Weekend alongside with a Magisk Module Update for XPIXELERIA https://github.com/Miustone/XPIXELERIA

BR:cowboy:

@Miustone Sorry to bother you here, but I am struggling with patching the Xperia 1 .sin boot image with any current version of Magisk. I've tried a few versions but they all fail to create the image from the .sin file. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!
I should add, I was trying to use these instructions: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-1/how-to/xperia-1-root-guide-t3938304

Last edited:

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
@Miustone Sorry to bother you here, but I am struggling with patching the Xperia 1 .sin boot image with any current version of Magisk. I've tried a few versions but they all fail to create the image from the .sin file. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!
I should add, I was trying to use these instructions: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-1/how-to/xperia-1-root-guide-t3938304

Just read the first Post of this Thread and You will get everything You'll need.

EDIT: Since You just need a .img File for Magisk is there no need to share it with Me actually. Just patch it in the Magisk Manager App and flash it with fastboot afterwards.

Last edited:

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Just read the first Post of this Thread and You will get everything You'll need.

EDIT: Since You just need a .img File for Magisk is there no need to share it with Me actually. Just patch it in the Magisk Manager App and flash it with fastboot afterwards.

Ah, okay. Thanks. One last stupid question.. for the firmware, does it matter if the img file comes from the Android 10 firmware? I am planning to flash my Xperia 1 with PE, which is still Pie.

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Ah, okay. Thanks. One last stupid question.. for the firmware, does it matter if the img file comes from the Android 10 firmware? I am planning to flash my Xperia 1 with PE, which is still Pie.

Prefer a newer Base Firmware over a newer GSI. A Android 9 GSI will run better with Android 10 Kernel as vice versa. Pie will be no Problem if You run Android 10 Vendor and Kernels. Happy flashing! :fingers-crossed:

EDIT: There are also PE Android 10 Builds out there... https://xdaforums.com/project-trebl...iscussion/gsi-expressluke-built-gsis-t4003457

Last edited:
Reactions: charlatan01

evo.9

Mar 11, 2020
help me

hi i need a boot.img for my xperia 1 j8170 please help me 10 (55.1.a.3.107)

lonewolfbtown

Jun 28, 2017
Phoenix
This method has always been magisk module not friendly. audio compat worked. But once i through more at it it bricked device and had to reflash with new flasher

BuyXRPnow!

Jun 21, 2018
After I get root, can I completely deGoogle my phone? Since there is no Lineage OS for XPERIA 5, can I manually get rid of all of Google's stuff?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
After I get root, can I completely deGoogle my phone? Since there is no Lineage OS for XPERIA 5, can I manually get rid of all of Google's stuff?

Thank you.
Yes You can. But You can also install LOS 17.1 from the GSI Forums. I also did Instructions for flashing GSI Treble ROMs in the Xpiera 5 Guides Forum :good:
After that You may want to have Magisk to pass safetynet and to install MicroG or NanoDroid to get everything working. I'm actually running PHHs AOSP with My SOM Module and it's one of My Favorites so far. You may also like Havoc OS Official which also comes as no Google Apps Version. You can do the same on Havoc like You can on LOS but + endless Costomization

BuyXRPnow!

Jun 21, 2018
Yes You can. But You can also install LOS 17.1 from the GSI Forums. I also did Instructions for flashing GSI Treble ROMs in the Xpiera 5 Guides Forum :good:
After that You may want to have Magisk to pass safetynet and to install MicroG or NanoDroid to get everything working. I'm actually running PHHs AOSP with My SOM Module and it's one of My Favorites so far. You may also like Havoc OS Official which also comes as no Google Apps Version. You can do the same on Havoc like You can on LOS but + endless Costomization

I really appreciate your reply, but I am a complete noob and all this is extremely overwhelming.
"PHHs AOSP with My SOM Module" - this alone gives me terrors :)
I know nothing about these things but I understand you, it's just everyday business for you coz you are a developer. I tried reading your guides and there are so many things I don't understand. I also was traumatized by rooting my S10, which I sold and got Xperia 5 instead. I read here people said I will permanently lose DRM keys after rooting. This is my biggest problem. With S10 I knew I could go back to stock and not worry. Here, if I go all the way and deGoogle my Xperia and it doesn't work the way it should I won't be able to go back and on top of that selling it will be harder and I will lose money since not everyone is willing to buy a phone which can't get Netflix and other DMR-dependent garbage.

Maybe I could sponsor you to help me flashing all the stuff. I just don't know if it's a crazy idea. Also, asking you to rewrite your guides for idiots like me is asking too much, given how busy you are.

If you have some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I really appreciate your reply, but I am a complete noob and all this is extremely overwhelming.
I know nothing about these things but I understand you, it's just everyday business for you coz you are a developer. I tried reading your guides and there are so many things I don't understand. I also was traumatized by rooting my S10, which I sold and got Xperia 5 instead. I read here people said I will permanently lose DRM keys after rooting. This is my biggest problem. With S10 I knew I could go back to stock and not worry. Here, if I go all the way and deGoogle my Xperia and it doesn't work the way it should I won't be able to go back and on top of that selling it will be harder and I will lose money since not everyone is willing to buy a phone which can't get Netflix and other DMR-dependent garbage.

Maybe I could sponsor you to help me flashing all the stuff. I just don't know if it's a crazy idea. Also, asking you to rewrite your guides for idiots like me is asking too much, given how busy you are.

First of all. Good choice to get rid of a Samsung Device Like i did with My S9+! Sammy is pushing Android into a Appleish Edge that shouldn't exist...
Just like Huawei. But different Story...

Out of My View with Years of expierence with different Brands is SONY one of the Most supporting OEM in Views of Android Development besides the Fact they Always excluded some functionality of the included Smartphone Hardware. For example:

-Xperia Z1 lost the Complete Camera Function after unlocking (Got fixed with a Update later after Claims from Customers) and lost Display enhancements + Camera Noise reduction

-Xperia Z3 lost the Vibrant Display Colors after unlocking (Aka Bravia Engine) which ended Up in washed Out Colors and was still loosing Noise reduction

-Xperia XZ Premium still loosing enhancements after unlocking plus the loss of Camera Noise reduction

And now the Xperia 5...
Sony used for the First Time Samsung Sensors for the Cameras instead of own ones with High Resolution. So no Noise Reduction needed anymore. Finally OLED, so no washed Out colors without Display Enhancements.
I'm quite Happy with this One since you don't loose Something Essential. Besides that have i Always Managed since the Z3 to fix almost all Problems on Xperias with native Android functionalities that is used on other Devices. Eg. For the Display, Audio, Camera, Mics and so on.

And thats the final Point. While older Devices Had the Chance to Backup and restore the TA Partition or even to use a Recovery on locked Bootloader (I've also worked with this for some Time) which allowed to make Your Device Complete Stock again. We don't really have that Options anymore. So i would say an Unlock is a final Step. But to be honest. I sold many Devices claimed as unlocked and rooted and it hasn't Cut the Price at all. And even if You Don't. I don't think a normal Person will See a difference after unlocking and relocking :rolleyes:

Is it worth it? For Me a clear Yes! I never looked back after unlocking any of My "Hundreds" of Devices i used. Magisk and GSIs alone are really worth the Unlock Out of My View actually. You can do so much with Android and it finally doesn't feels Bad anymore on Xperias. My SOM (Magisk based ROM (Systemless-On-Memory) will do a lot of awesome Things with Our Xperias (1 & 5). Another good Reason maybe...

It could be smart to make a Video which explains how to get My Work on Your Xperias. From unlocking to Flashing... Would really like to do that after some preparing for it. Possible that there are a lot of People who don't even know about Bootloader unlocking so it really could be cool. I already did some Videos in the Past; https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMarius517

Think i got a bit lazy since the Software alone takes so much time These days. But i will do My best to get People in Touch and to Show everything step by step.

Lot of Text but Hope i made Your decision to Unlock or not easier... Don't think about the Future of Your Device. Think about what You want from it right now...:good:

Btw. Not Sure but You could try ADB to remove Apps. But idk. If IT IS possible with Google Apps (Locked Bootloader Method)

All the Best,
Miu:cowboy:

BuyXRPnow!

Jun 21, 2018
Thank you! You are a hero. I will be waiting for your updated guides and possibly a video for noobs. Appreciate your time!

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here was a Guide. Someone said people don't care about Me or My Work so...
    does it require an unlock bootloader?is it prerooted?does it have drm keys? sorry for the questions.

Yes, You need to be unlocked, otherwise is there no chance to flash with fastboot. Besides the rooting of the Kernel is everything Stock. Everything works so far even with GSIs
    Optimized the Thread Structure and Instructions. Optimized Thread Title. Updated Boot Image / Kernel to latest EU .149

First of all. Good choice to get rid of a Samsung Device Like i did with My S9+! Sammy is pushing Android into a Appleish Edge that shouldn't exist...
    Just like Huawei. But different Story...

Out of My View with Years of expierence with different Brands is SONY one of the Most supporting OEM in Views of Android Development besides the Fact they Always excluded some functionality of the included Smartphone Hardware. For example:

-Xperia Z1 lost the Complete Camera Function after unlocking (Got fixed with a Update later after Claims from Customers) and lost Display enhancements + Camera Noise reduction

-Xperia Z3 lost the Vibrant Display Colors after unlocking (Aka Bravia Engine) which ended Up in washed Out Colors and was still loosing Noise reduction

-Xperia XZ Premium still loosing enhancements after unlocking plus the loss of Camera Noise reduction

And now the Xperia 5...
    Sony used for the First Time Samsung Sensors for the Cameras instead of own ones with High Resolution. So no Noise Reduction needed anymore. Finally OLED, so no washed Out colors without Display Enhancements.
    I'm quite Happy with this One since you don't loose Something Essential. Besides that have i Always Managed since the Z3 to fix almost all Problems on Xperias with native Android functionalities that is used on other Devices. Eg. For the Display, Audio, Camera, Mics and so on.

And thats the final Point. While older Devices Had the Chance to Backup and restore the TA Partition or even to use a Recovery on locked Bootloader (I've also worked with this for some Time) which allowed to make Your Device Complete Stock again. We don't really have that Options anymore. So i would say an Unlock is a final Step. But to be honest. I sold many Devices claimed as unlocked and rooted and it hasn't Cut the Price at all. And even if You Don't. I don't think a normal Person will See a difference after unlocking and relocking :rolleyes:

Is it worth it? For Me a clear Yes! I never looked back after unlocking any of My "Hundreds" of Devices i used. Magisk and GSIs alone are really worth the Unlock Out of My View actually. You can do so much with Android and it finally doesn't feels Bad anymore on Xperias. My SOM (Magisk based ROM (Systemless-On-Memory) will do a lot of awesome Things with Our Xperias (1 & 5). Another good Reason maybe...

It could be smart to make a Video which explains how to get My Work on Your Xperias. From unlocking to Flashing... Would really like to do that after some preparing for it. Possible that there are a lot of People who don't even know about Bootloader unlocking so it really could be cool. I already did some Videos in the Past; https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMarius517

Think i got a bit lazy since the Software alone takes so much time These days. But i will do My best to get People in Touch and to Show everything step by step.

Lot of Text but Hope i made Your decision to Unlock or not easier... Don't think about the Future of Your Device. Think about what You want from it right now...:good:

Btw. Not Sure but You could try ADB to remove Apps. But idk. If IT IS possible with Google Apps (Locked Bootloader Method)

All the Best,
    Miu:cowboy:

Thank you.