Originally Posted by AdrianDC
I do not like to be unpleasant, especially with new users or users having problems with their installs, but this time things need to be cleared up.
About you contacting me and complaining about not getting an answer:
- This is not a job we do, we are not paid to do it, we spend most of our free time on Android development because it's a "hobby"
- Being a developer does not mean we are a 24/7 hotline to answer every single issue you may have
- We have a life, we are allowed not to be connected for a while.
- Even sometimes happen that we may be on vacation and / or no internet and / or the internet box blew up
- Thing we may have compiled at date MM/DD could be fine for us, but not for everyone, that is called development
- You emailed me this morning, then a second time, and complained three times about it on XDA... Do I need to explain further... ?
- Never share personal emails on open forums. Even if it is my public development email, putting it on forums could lead to automated spams.
> Please edit your post and remove the email address. Interested people can still look for it on my commits.
first of all, thank you very much for your (so long) response! I appreciate very much (although you would not expect it).
And thank you for your great engagement in creating us users of this great old, compact Xperia models such good updated ROMs, Adrian!
Puuuh, but what has happened here?...
Of course I know absolutely that this is not your job and everything is voluntary. I didn't expect at all that you are available at any time, Adrian!
I am very soory cause my remarks about missing responses of you should not mean a complaint or accusation at all!
I ment them to be just informations to the two guys which responded me instead.
Again, please don't understand them as complaints!! They have not been addressed to you but have been remarks to others. I didn't intend to make any pressure with them but just inform them!
Actually my post even was not in the right thread cause I couldn't find one for LegacyXperia CM14. It should have been a little excuse and justification to the other guys that I ask them. I didn't expect that much that they may know about this specific problem I have with this setup wizard.
So you may understand my way of thinking and proceeding also a bit now, do you?
However, I beg your pardon for this misunderstanding. Maybe I should use the word 'unfortunately' a bit more careful. I don't know...
PS: I already deleted your mail adress from one of my posts, naturally.
To continue on the personal side, since it concerns LegacyXperia too,
due to recent issues I am migrating my downloads (15-20GB...) and I have been working
on the migrations / scripts since a few days, once finished I'll update the links in my old posts from this thread.
Didn't know about that complication with download link scripts. Just wondered cause I didn't know about you and didn't find your download at LegacyXperia. It is just sad for such a good ROM, isn't it?
I just wanted to know what to do at BasketBuild to find such engagements. I still don't know...
So we can expect the result of your hard work also in the usual LegacyXperia download section, I suppose!?
Thank you so much.
By the way, is there any issue list of your CM14 version? What are main issues? (up to now I couldn't find anything remarkable)
About the issues you reported:
- Most of us usually flash Mardon's MiniGApps only and they work fine for us
- If you have issues with the Setup Wizard, try to search about it and see with others if they have ideas
- About the incoming calls, that is an old issue due to the low RAM available on the device and general CPU speed
- Solutions exist and have been tested along the months / years, like holding the PhoneUI in RAM, but implies more RAM usage
- We try to fix things when we can, but can not fix everything and instantly...
I hope you understand my point here.
Yes, absolutely! Hope, I could clarify this point a bit now...
Yes, indeed, I flashed Mardon's GAPPS as well (HDPI_miniGAPPS-7.1-20161031-tb-signed.zip). So I don't expect that to be the problem on my side.
However, maybe you know which disadvantages it has for your ROM if I create/activate a Google account and so activate all around GooglePlay services (performance, avoidable consume of storage and RAM space, stability, etc.)?... Should I really try to avoid that for my old Ray/urushi and prefer to manually install the APKs? Etc.
I definitely searched the cm13 thread before and couldn't find any helpful description about it (search string 'AdrianDC setup wizard'). E.g. #32 didn't help me (I wasn't even able to access settings (only later under very special conditions)). Actually it was a long and patient try until I succeeded in passing by at this wizard and I still don't really know why it worked at the end. It think it works if you choose the rare option 'Don't use any network' and afterwards don't fill in your name.
The wizard app seems to crash (and automatically restart) during the update which does not seem to be successful (server problem?). Changing any rights didn't help in my case!
Concerning ringing delay problem you may load PhoneUI in RAM then, did you? Cause I couldn't find it there but it works quite well anyway (max. 2 rings delay).
This small RAM and storage space Sony once build in those great compact but comfortable models (the only one at all) is really hard to understand. Other models of that time already had much bigger one anyway.
But there is JUST one model that is much better here: Do you know Sony Xperia SX? (only Japan)
I once had a chance to get it but didn't buy cause I couldn't find any ROM for it.
It would need weeks and months to create a ROM also for this model, would it?...
(unfortuantely only few users may ask for it so it may not be worth it... (https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...1881803/page48
So thank you again for your big engagement for us, Adrian.
I myself would wish to know so much about all that stuff.
Many greetings to you.