FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{All 2011}[DEV][Marshmallow 6.0.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 builds

1,750 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,284

By mikeioannina, Recognized Developer on 26th February 2016, 10:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th May 2017, 11:00 PM |#2251  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberhardweber

New build available, lineage-14.1-20170515-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-*

Tried to flash this on my Iyokan, was unsuccessful despite wiping everything (first system & reboot and was unsuccesful, then system, data and cache, and was unsuccessful). Choked at various points of the transfer. The previous version installs with no problems at all (lineage-14.1-20170322-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-iyokan.zip), just reinstalled it.

The previous version also had a TWRP recovery which was absolutely fantastic, it was next level, this newest one no longer comes with it. Any reason for that?
The Following User Says Thank You to eberhardweber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eberhardweber Ad-Free

17th May 2017, 12:52 AM |#2252  
Flag Hamamatsu
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Hello chaps, long time no see!

Last night I plugged my little Xperia Ray (running what I believe was the 20160417 CM13 build) in to charge, and awoke this morning to find the phone was stuck in a boot-loop on the LegacyXperia screen.

I use the Ray as a backup device, and primarily as my morning alarm clock. There is no sim inside, and wifi is disabled, so the battery lasts quite a long time. I had not updated or installed any new apps, so was surprised to see the boot-loop.

Removing the SD card I noticed that the Ray tried to boot (the CM13 boot animation appeared), but obviously without the SD card it never actually completes.

I'm just wondering if there are any simple fixes that I can try? Factory reset in recovery does not work, however I noticed that when attempting to format /data the phone resets itself. Could it be that the SD card has died?

I don't intend to use the Ray as a daily driver (now I used a Samsung S4 Mini for that role), so might just reflash CM11, and not worry about having to re-prep the SD card in order to install CM13. However if there are any simple fixes, I'd love to hear them.

I notice the LOS14.1 builds in the Mega links above, and mention that they use TWRP recovery. Does this simplify the flashing process?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
17th May 2017, 01:06 AM |#2253  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRay

Hello chaps, long time no see!

Last night I plugged my little Xperia Ray (running what I believe was the 20160417 CM13 build) in to charge, and awoke this morning to find the phone was stuck in a boot-loop on the LegacyXperia screen.

I use the Ray as a backup device, and primarily as my morning alarm clock. There is no sim inside, and wifi is disabled, so the battery lasts quite a long time. I had not updated or installed any new apps, so was surprised to see the boot-loop.

Removing the SD card I noticed that the Ray tried to boot (the CM13 boot animation appeared), but obviously without the SD card it never actually completes.

I'm just wondering if there are any simple fixes that I can try? Factory reset in recovery does not work, however I noticed that when attempting to format /data the phone resets itself. Could it be that the SD card has died?

I don't intend to use the Ray as a daily driver (now I used a Samsung S4 Mini for that role), so might just reflash CM11, and not worry about having to re-prep the SD card in order to install CM13. However if there are any simple fixes, I'd love to hear them.

I notice the LOS14.1 builds in the Mega links above, and mention that they use TWRP recovery. Does this simplify the flashing process?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

The card might not be dead per se but just corrupted. Try reading it on Windows with a tool that reads ext4 partitions or on Linux directly if you have one. Otherwise, reformatting is the way to go. Unfortunately, you still might have to reflash the whole ROM and will lose the data you have on it.
17th May 2017, 01:28 AM |#2254  
Flag Hamamatsu

More
Thank you for your reply.

I just tried placing the SD card in a USB reader. Ext2fs allows me to see the contents of the card (just 1GB used), and copy more or less all of the files to a temporary folder on my desktop. So it seems that the SD card is not dead, nor corrupt.

Any other suggestions?
18th May 2017, 05:26 PM |#2255  

More
Anyone else have problems on their devices flashing the 20170515 build?
The Following User Says Thank You to eberhardweber For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eberhardweber Ad-Free
19th May 2017, 05:09 AM |#2256  
Flag Hamamatsu

More
Quote:

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried placing the SD card in a USB reader. Ext2fs allows me to see the contents of the card (just 1GB used), and copy more or less all of the files to a temporary folder on my desktop. So it seems that the SD card is not dead, nor corrupt.

Any other suggestions?

Just to reply to my own post, while I could still access the data on the SD card, it seems that I was no longer able to modify the media (could not repartition in Paragon, or reformat to FAT32 in Windows), so I assume it has died. Is there anything else that can be done to check/bring the SD card back to life...if not, I guess I will throw it in the bin.

Ultimately, I ended-up flashing the latest CM11 rom, without any GApps. There is no SIM card, and WiFi and GPS are also disabled. So this little Ray is happy to sleep all day, gently sipping ~2% battery over a 24 hour period, then waking-up to sound its alarm (to wake me up) in the morning. Granted, CM11/KitKat does look and feel rather dated compared to CM12/CM13 and now LOS14.1 on my S4 Mini, but it's incredibly responsive on the little Ray!

Thanks to Mike for his great development work on these devices over the years!
20th May 2017, 09:58 AM |#2257  

More
Quote:

Just to reply to my own post, while I could still access the data on the SD card, it seems that I was no longer able to modify the media (could not repartition in Paragon, or reformat to FAT32 in Windows), so I assume it has died. Is there anything else that can be done to check/bring the SD card back to life...if not, I guess I will throw it in the bin.

Ultimately, I ended-up flashing the latest CM11 rom, without any GApps. There is no SIM card, and WiFi and GPS are also disabled. So this little Ray is happy to sleep all day, gently sipping ~2% battery over a 24 hour period, then waking-up to sound its alarm (to wake me up) in the morning. Granted, CM11/KitKat does look and feel rather dated compared to CM12/CM13 and now LOS14.1 on my S4 Mini, but it's incredibly responsive on the little Ray!

Thanks to Mike for his great development work on these devices over the years!

You can try the official SD format tool. Google it. It helps with these kinds of problems
20th May 2017, 09:50 PM |#2258  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How long it takes to install ? I waited 40-45min. but nothing
20th May 2017, 11:29 PM |#2259  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trax7

You can try the official SD format tool. Google it. It helps with these kinds of problems

You probably mean the SD Card Formatter from the SD Association? It's old but good!
21st May 2017, 09:01 AM |#2260  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Anyone else have problems on their devices flashing the 20170515 build?

yes
21st May 2017, 11:49 AM |#2261  

More
Quote:

You probably mean the SD Card Formatter from the SD Association? It's old but good!

Yes, exactly
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)