FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{All 2011}[DEV][Marshmallow 6.0.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 13.0 builds

1,758 posts
Thanks Meter: 24,482

By mikeioannina, Recognized Developer on 26th February 2016, 10:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th August 2017, 06:40 PM |#2331  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PARESH AHAR

This link https://mega.nz/#F!bt0VzQDA!6OD6YFjC...NOBDg!L5lGkLqK

thank you

9th August 2017, 04:26 AM |#2332  
Flag Mehsana
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by symish

thank you

Don't post "thank you", just click on 'thanks' button if someone helps.
11th August 2017, 06:26 PM |#2333  
Flag Verbania
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have just installed Lineage 14.1 20170322, all seems ok for now, just a thing: I cannot see the arrows for network activity in the status bar, is it normal?
12th August 2017, 04:54 AM |#2334  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDynamite

I have just installed Lineage 14.1 20170322, all seems ok for now, just a thing: I cannot see the arrows for network activity in the status bar, is it normal?

I've done the same for Ray. Yes I also don't see any arrows.
13th August 2017, 12:41 AM |#2335  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by azakosath

Things you can try:
- Different usb cable
- Different usb port
- Different pc
- Or you can re-install the driver

I disagree, CM 11 may be more stable, but I'm using nougat for almost ten months now and I don't want to go back. Except Bluetooth which is really buggy there aren't any severe problems. Kennel panics are still there as with CM 11, caused by memory leaks. You just have to make some fine tuning with memory management if you want to use GApps (I have disable some Google services), or you can go completely GApps free (μG is another solution, if someone knows how to make the patch, I had tried it for a few weeks and it works really good), because when the device is running low in RAM becomes unresponsive or doesn't wake for incoming calls. My last home build isn't much different from Adrian's latest test builds and I'm using my little coconut as my primary phone with LAOS 14.1!

P.S. Of course you can't use any memory hungry or in general resources hungry apps, but I don't think you can use them with CM 11 either.

Sent from my WT19i using XDA Labs

Hi

Pico open Gapps did not work on my smultron (keyboard always crashes, the phone becomes really slow).

Can you suggest an alternative and explain me how to install it? do you think installing a playstore.apk can be a solution?

I really only need play store. thank you
13th August 2017, 09:40 AM |#2336  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by symish

Hi

Pico open Gapps did not work on my smultron (keyboard always crashes, the phone becomes really slow).

Can you suggest an alternative and explain me how to install it? do you think installing a playstore.apk can be a solution?

I really only need play store. thank you

For GApps you can use these made by @Mardon (don't forget to thank him). You can't use Playstore without Google services, unless you use μG. But there are alternatives like F-Droid and there is an app called Yalp Store, which let you download apps from Playstore, and if you want to synchronise your contacts and calendars there is an other app called DAVdroid. Just search...
13th August 2017, 03:54 PM |#2337  
Flag Verbania

More
After a couple day of use I have to say that this rom is not bad at all, but however there is always some lag and low memory problem. But the main problem is the ringing delay: when the phone is in deep sleep mode it takes even 30-40 seconds to wake it up (once it didn't awake at all), for me it's unacceptable. I think I'll return to CM11 unfortunately.
The Following User Says Thank You to XDynamite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDynamite Ad-Free
27th August 2017, 10:13 PM |#2338  
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDynamite

After a couple day of use I have to say that this rom is not bad at all, but however there is always some lag and low memory problem. But the main problem is the ringing delay: when the phone is in deep sleep mode it takes even 30-40 seconds to wake it up (once it didn't awake at all), for me it's unacceptable. I think I'll return to CM11 unfortunately.

Only when the phone is sleeping?
Otherwise it smells similar to a bug other sony phones had been having long time ago.

In other news, I just made a remarkable necropost in the CM-HDMI thread, for everybody that still was interested.

EDIT: and in even crazier news, random guys claim to have half-assed fixes for ant+ & fm (maybe related to blobs update?)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirhl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirhl Ad-Free
30th August 2017, 01:59 PM |#2339  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Guys, does anyone have any idea if the project is abandoned or not? Because, the gerrit server http://review.msm7x30.org reports empty.

Never mind, is working now, but it gives this when try to apply the updates:
Code:
ERROR: Server reported an error, or cannot be reached

Found it, it changed from http to https.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626G using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to azakosath For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azakosath Ad-Free
31st August 2017, 04:43 PM |#2340  
Flag Verbania

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirhl

Only when the phone is sleeping?
Otherwise it smells similar to a bug other sony phones had been having long time ago.

In other news, I just made a remarkable necropost in the CM-HDMI thread, for everybody that still was interested.

EDIT: and in even crazier news, random guys claim to have half-assed fixes for ant+ & fm (maybe related to blobs update?)

When the screen is on and in use there is no problem for what I could see, the phone rings quite fastly. Anyway Android 7.1.1 is too heavy for these phones, the user experience is very poor, even with a very fast microsd card.
1st September 2017, 04:26 PM |#2341  
Flag Corte
Thanks Meter: 949

More
Ok, in that case it's probably simply the phone having to swap out, as you correctly assume.
I wonder if anybody ever tried to measure minimum RAM usages across different android versions though?

For example, on my HTC explorer, 4.0, 4.1 and 4.4 all intriguingly seemed to require 130MB (of the 410-420 available to userland). And were it not for other unrelated graphical problems, I'd use the latter.
Lollipop almost certainly with ART is gonna have a huge impact (funnily, the speed added by saving cpu cycles at runtime, could be offset by the additional load for I/O bigger libraries causes).
I'd be interesting to quantify it I guess.

Also, maybe experiment with dex2oat filters? Interpret-only was already ditched.. Speed and space, who knows?
Batch forcing JIT for every app also sounds funny.
The Following User Says Thank You to mirhl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mirhl Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)