[Flashable][Script] Open GApps Remover

Do you like the script?

• Total voters
Search This thread

mscalindt

Dec 23, 2016
This small script is now canceled, as I don't own Xperia E1 anymore. I don't know if anybody uses it anyway (as just a few people own Xperia E1 now), but if there is somebody - you can create the same thread with my script and manage it yourself. To download the scripts, head over to this thread - https://xdaforums.com/xperia-e1/themes-apps/tweaks-flashable-zips-scripts-t3813261

Only for Pico package! I don't see a reason to flash Full only to write a script to remove it.
Notice: Google is changing file names regularly, therefore I can't promise that the script will delete every of the Google apps at the time of its writing.

You can also use the script to remove the pre-installed GApps on the stock ROM. Chrome will be removed too (as every app associated with Google).

"Open GApps Remover" is a flashable zip to remove ALL apps and traces of Google. In short - the ROM will look like you've flashed it for first time (custom). :D

Keep in mind that the zip also wipes your Cache and Dalvik-cache, so if you have any patches or modifications on your system which rely on Dalvik-cache - you will need to apply them again. Wiping Cache and Dalvik-cache also means that you will have to wait from 5 to 10 minutes, all depending on the number of applications you have installed on your phone.

The script will also delete some Google libs and files so that no unwanted files will take space on the ROM. :)
Tested only on TWRP, PhilZ should work too, I guess.
PM me if something isn't deleted.

Changelog (dd-mm-yyyy):

(13.06.2018):
-Added more file names of the Google Play Services application.

(23.05.2018):
-Fixed a typo.

--------------------

Current version:
Stock - 2.1 [FINAL]
LineageOS 11 - 2.1 [FINAL]

Latest update:
Stock - 13.06.2018 [END]
LineageOS 11 - 13.06.2018 [END]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This small script is now canceled, as I don't own Xperia E1 anymore. I don't know if anybody uses it anyway (as just a few people own Xperia E1 now), but if there is somebody - you can create the same thread with my script and manage it yourself. To download the scripts, head over to this thread - https://xdaforums.com/xperia-e1/themes-apps/tweaks-flashable-zips-scripts-t3813261

Only for Pico package! I don't see a reason to flash Full only to write a script to remove it.
    Notice: Google is changing file names regularly, therefore I can't promise that the script will delete every of the Google apps at the time of its writing.

You can also use the script to remove the pre-installed GApps on the stock ROM. Chrome will be removed too (as every app associated with Google).

"Open GApps Remover" is a flashable zip to remove ALL apps and traces of Google. In short - the ROM will look like you've flashed it for first time (custom). :D

Keep in mind that the zip also wipes your Cache and Dalvik-cache, so if you have any patches or modifications on your system which rely on Dalvik-cache - you will need to apply them again. Wiping Cache and Dalvik-cache also means that you will have to wait from 5 to 10 minutes, all depending on the number of applications you have installed on your phone.

The script will also delete some Google libs and files so that no unwanted files will take space on the ROM. :)
    Tested only on TWRP, PhilZ should work too, I guess.
    PM me if something isn't deleted.

Changelog (dd-mm-yyyy):

(13.06.2018):
    -Added more file names of the Google Play Services application.

(23.05.2018):
    -Fixed a typo.

--------------------

Current version:
    Stock - 2.1 [FINAL]
    LineageOS 11 - 2.1 [FINAL]

Latest update:
    Stock - 13.06.2018 [END]
    LineageOS 11 - 13.06.2018 [END]