bringing AOKP to Xperia
AOKP is based on AOSP and looks as vanilla as possible, and focusses on lots and lots of user-friendly features. What makes it different from CM is that there are many more user-customizable features.
This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.
AOKP is not officially supported on any of the Xperia smartphones. So we made a Kang XperiaProject team comprising
Supervenom , Championswimmer, Pikpok, mikegapinski
We maintain sources from which we build (not winzip porting) AOKP for all the Xperias.
We are not any great developers (all teenagers). We are just trying to provide users with more ROM options
Our work is not possible without using sources from FreeXperiaProject.
Changes to the UI / framework / functionality of the ROM is the work of Team Kang
Changelog is released with every official build here ---> http://aokp.co
Changes specific to Xperia devices are maintianed by us here
BUGS / NOT-WORKING
- com.android.phone (Phone.apk) crashes if there is no SIM card / no signal)
To report issues/bugs or make feature requests please go to
download as per your device :-
Tipo/TipoDual - tapioca Miro - mesona J - jlo
- Copy ROM zip and Gapps to sdcard
- If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have recovery)
- Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up(2012) or back(2011) when led is purple)
- IF COMING FROM SOME OTHER ROM, make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system (not needed if updating AOKP)
- install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them (kernel is flashed automatically with zip for 2012 models, for 2011, fastboot flash the kernel)
- reboot and enjoy
Detailed Instruction : thanks to adityalahiri13
Sources are hosted at
Gerrit code review is present at
To participate in development read this
If you like the ROM please consider donating to the developers who make such custom ROMs possible
FreeXperiaProject Team Members (without whom no custom ROM on Xperias would ever be possible)
Donate to FXP
Donate to Kali-
Donate to Bin4ry
Team KANG Members (who have made all these awesome features on AOKP)
Donate to Stevespear426
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Jonathan Grigg
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk
Donate to Sethyx
Other than the people mentioned above, we want to thank all developers working Xperia devices like
Androxyde, adfad666 and many many more. And the various CM devs like cyanogen, koush, codeworkx, rmcc ....
All the respective ownerships of commits are maintained on the gerrit/github and you can see what fixes are ported from / contributed by whom.