[AOKP][JB 4.1] Xperia J/tipo/Miro - KangXperiaProject - milestone1-r3

5,018 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,239

Post Reply Email Thread
Each release is personally tested on only Xperia J and Tipo. I do not own Miro and Tipo Dual.
DISCLAIMER: Unlocking bootloader and installing custom ROMs may void your warranty, brick your device, or even blow up your phone. I am not responsible and you have been warned.

KangXperiaProject
bringing AOKP to Xperia

AOKP is an awesome custom Android firmware. (just like MIUI and CyanogenMod).
AOKP is based on AOSP and looks as vanilla as possible, and focusses on lots and lots of user-friendly features. What makes it different from CM is that there are many more user-customizable features.

KANGXPERIAPROJECT
This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.

AOKP is not officially supported on any of the Xperia smartphones. So we made a Kang XperiaProject team comprising
Supervenom , Championswimmer, Pikpok, mikegapinski
We maintain sources from which we build (not winzip porting) AOKP for all the Xperias.

We are not any great developers (all teenagers). We are just trying to provide users with more ROM options
Our work is not possible without using sources from FreeXperiaProject.

Changes to the UI / framework / functionality of the ROM is the work of Team Kang
Changelog is released with every official build here ---> http://aokp.co

Changes specific to Xperia devices are maintianed by us here
http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Changelog

BUGS / NOT-WORKING

• com.android.phone (Phone.apk) crashes if there is no SIM card / no signal)

To report issues/bugs or make feature requests please go to
http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/issues/entry

ROM downloads
mirror1
mirror2
download as per your device :-
Code:
Tipo/TipoDual - tapioca
Miro - mesona
J - jlo
GAPPS download
http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

1. Copy ROM zip and Gapps to sdcard
  2. If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have recovery)
  3. Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up(2012) or back(2011) when led is purple)
  4. IF COMING FROM SOME OTHER ROM, make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system (not needed if updating AOKP)
  5. install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them (kernel is flashed automatically with zip for 2012 models, for 2011, fastboot flash the kernel)
  6. reboot and enjoy

Detailed Instruction : thanks to adityalahiri13

Sources are hosted at
www.github.com/KangXperiaProject

Gerrit code review is present at
http://smartdev.com.pl:8080/

To participate in development read this
http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Gerrit

If you like the ROM please consider donating to the developers who make such custom ROMs possible
[B]

FreeXperiaProject Team Members (without whom no custom ROM on Xperias would ever be possible)
Donate to FXP
Donate to Kali-
Donate to Bin4ry

Team KANG Members (who have made all these awesome features on AOKP)
Donate to Stevespear426
Donate toRoman
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Jonathan Grigg
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk
Donate to Sethyx

CREDITS
Other than the people mentioned above, we want to thank all developers working Xperia devices like
Androxyde, adfad666 and many many more. And the various CM devs like cyanogen, koush, codeworkx, rmcc ....
All the respective ownerships of commits are maintained on the gerrit/github and you can see what fixes are ported from / contributed by whom.

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift championswimmer Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 05:43 PM |#2  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Oh I'm trying this!Great job!
12th February 2013, 05:45 PM |#3  
Flag Gotham
Thanks Meter: 2,082

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
great job!!! by the way is it for all devices J, tipo, tipo dual and miro?
Especially tipo dual?
12th February 2013, 05:50 PM |#6  
Flag Skopje

More
One question too, still flashing atm.Is there any chance you could implement the OC kernel from rachit here?

EDIT:Nevermind, that's ICS and this is JB.
12th February 2013, 05:56 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam.

One question too, still flashing atm.Is there any chance you could implement the OC kernel from rachit here?

kernel overclocking and more governors only after a little stability is acheived.
KXP roms usually have enhanced kernels
The Following User Says Thank You to championswimmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift championswimmer Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 06:25 PM |#8  
Flag Skopje

More
Realized that kernel is currently ICS only, sorry for that.Got initiating swagger screen, if it got this far it should boot, just have to wait a few mins.

EDIT:Phone.apk crashes through the setup but it works after that, so don't worry for those of you installing this first release.

Booted succesfully, no problems at all.Well, except the CM ones(radio and charging) but still, AOKP is great, and greater is the job you've done to port it to the tipo.

EDIT2:Titanium Backup can't start when installed.Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Phone.apk started crashing on boot now, I didn't do anything to modify it in any way, but after I press OK, it relaunches and it works.

Navigation bar doesn't work too, though I don't know what i expected on a small screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steam. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steam. Ad-Free
12th February 2013, 06:34 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam.

Realized that kernel is currently ICS only, sorry for that.Got initiating swagger screen, if it got this far it should boot, just have to wait a few mins.

EDIT:Phone.apk crashes through the setup but it works after that, so don't worry for those of you installing this first release.

Booted succesfully, no problems at all.Well, except the CM ones(radio and charging) but still, AOKP is great, and greater is the job you've done to port it to the tipo.

EDIT2:Titanium Backup can't start when installed.Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Phone.apk started crashing on boot now, I didn't do anything to modify it in any way, but after I press OK, it relaunches and it works.

Navigation bar doesn't work too, though I don't know what i expected on a small screen.

navigation bar has limited assets on mdpi that's why it probably would not work on small screens like tipo. i didn't even try it on mine :P but with my experience with other mdpi devices i know that it causes problems on devices of that size.
12th February 2013, 06:50 PM |#10  
Flag Skopje

More
Custom colors don't work aswell, e.g wifi and signal icon.Also, is it possible to implement status bar transparency?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

And could you possibly bring your release up to the more new FXP releases, atleast for the Tipo?It's a lot smoother on FXP203+.This way it lags while even scrolling through the app drawer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steam. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steam. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)