[AOKP][JB 4.1] Xperia J/tipo/Miro - KangXperiaProject - milestone1-r3

Search This thread
G

geekon

Great ROM, very stable, and smooth, almost everything works. Thanks!

Only issues so far - LED doesn't work (same behavior as in CM10) and weather widget in notification area also doesn't work, shows only one icon without temaperature and crashes after tapping on it.

And one thing - i have Tipo, but in system info it shows Miro (in Google Play also appears as Miro)

Last edited:

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
Great ROM, very stable, and smooth, almost everything works. Thanks!

Only issues so far - LED doesn't work (same behavior as in CM10) and weather widget in notification area also doesn't work, shows only one icon without temaperature and crashes after tapping on it.

And one thing - i have Tipo, but in system info it shows Miro (in Google Play also appears as Miro)
thanks to report,
device name shall be fixed

RangerCrew89

Apr 7, 2012
nice , im using ur rom dev aokp :)
thanks a lot verry much :good:
good work bug only i found just now crash on phone.apk
signal , wifi others work fine in my jlo
no lag at all , smooth :good::good:

G

geekon

Found other, rather minor bugs, but still bugs:
  • audio routing doesn't work, after pluging in headphones, can't hear nothing - same as in CM10
  • Vibration editor from ROM Control crashes after tapping on "record"
  • Phone.apk - crashes only once, after reboot, then works properly
  • In customization options of MMS app, changing background color of incoming/outgoing message does nothing, background stays the same.
  • Laggy Circles lockscreen

and one weird thing, today i had 3% battery remaining, but now after few hours it shows 7%. WTF?

Wishlist :)
  • Option for brightness as switch in notification widget.
  • More options for customizing power/reboot menu (remove profiles!)
  • Option for centering clock in lockscreen

vesper7dd

Mar 6, 2012
I just install this on my tipo dual, but the phone.apk keeps crashing all the time....
What to do? please help... :/

lazeus

Apr 17, 2012
Did anyone try both of roms, cm10 and aokp? What's better..faster and smoother...
I had a problem on CM10 with playing normal games...wasn't playable because of lags..hows this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Each release is personally tested on only Xperia J and Tipo. I do not own Miro and Tipo Dual.
    DISCLAIMER: Unlocking bootloader and installing custom ROMs may void your warranty, brick your device, or even blow up your phone. I am not responsible and you have been warned.

KangXperiaProject
    bringing AOKP to Xperia
    banner2.png

AOKP is an awesome custom Android firmware. (just like MIUI and CyanogenMod).
    AOKP is based on AOSP and looks as vanilla as possible, and focusses on lots and lots of user-friendly features. What makes it different from CM is that there are many more user-customizable features.​

KANGXPERIAPROJECT
    This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.

AOKP is not officially supported on any of the Xperia smartphones. So we made a Kang XperiaProject team comprising
    Supervenom , Championswimmer, Pikpok, mikegapinski
    We maintain sources from which we build (not winzip porting) AOKP for all the Xperias.

We are not any great developers (all teenagers). We are just trying to provide users with more ROM options :)
    Our work is not possible without using sources from FreeXperiaProject.

changelog-2.png

Changes to the UI / framework / functionality of the ROM is the work of Team Kang
    Changelog is released with every official build here ---> http://aokp.co

Changes specific to Xperia devices are maintianed by us here
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Changelog

BUGS / NOT-WORKING

• com.android.phone (Phone.apk) crashes if there is no SIM card / no signal)

To report issues/bugs or make feature requests please go to
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/issues/entry

downloads-4.png

ROM downloads
    mirror1
    mirror2
    download as per your device :-
    Code:
    Tipo/TipoDual - tapioca
    Miro - mesona
    J - jlo

GAPPS download
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    installation-1.png

1. Copy ROM zip and Gapps to sdcard
    2. If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have recovery)
    3. Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up(2012) or back(2011) when led is purple)
    4. IF COMING FROM SOME OTHER ROM, make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system (not needed if updating AOKP)
    5. install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them (kernel is flashed automatically with zip for 2012 models, for 2011, fastboot flash the kernel)
    6. reboot and enjoy :)

Detailed Instruction : thanks to adityalahiri13

source-2.png

Sources are hosted at
    www.github.com/KangXperiaProject

Gerrit code review is present at
    http://smartdev.com.pl:8080/

To participate in development read this
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Gerrit

contribute-1.png

If you like the ROM please consider donating to the developers who make such custom ROMs possible

FreeXperiaProject Team Members (without whom no custom ROM on Xperias would ever be possible)
    Donate to FXP
    Donate to Kali-
    Donate to Bin4ry

Team KANG Members (who have made all these awesome features on AOKP)
    Donate to Stevespear426
    Donate toRoman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

CREDITS
    Other than the people mentioned above, we want to thank all developers working Xperia devices like
    Androxyde, adfad666 and many many more. And the various CM devs like cyanogen, koush, codeworkx, rmcc ....
    All the respective ownerships of commits are maintained on the gerrit/github and you can see what fixes are ported from / contributed by whom.

did someone ask for ETA??

ETA is NOW ;)

milestone1-r3 uploading to mirrors as I type this.
    dafuq!!!

this community is too active it seems :silly:
    2 posts before i can post my "Reserved" posts
    Sorry for posting here but will u guys develop for Xperia e????:rolleyes:

i just made to port MIUIV5 and PACman into our XE...
    but FXP should fix RIL bugs! :rolleyes: both can boot as well and no bugs founded except no SIM working
    maybe i will try to port this one, i hope it's have no RIL bugs as FXP CM10 ;)
    hi guys,
    goo.im has always been great

i build my ROMs on their servers, they host my files, they mirror AOKP, CM, PA and all major ROMs,
    they host the famous "gapps"

without them KXP would not be as awesome an experience as it is,
    without them a lot of things would not be as good as they are

they happen to need some help and I feel obliged to forward the request to people I know
    see this blog post http://goo.im/blog/36 and donate a few bucks to them if possible