[E/dual] [CWM] boot+recovery image for stock JB

Search This thread

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
This is a boot image with CWM for stock JB. The included kernel versions are stock Sony (versions 11.3.A.0.47 and 11.3.A.2.1). You may need an unlocked boot loader for this.

This can also be used to root stock JB ROM by installing Superuser through recovery.

Downloads:
Xperia E single
Xperia E dual
Note: Don't directly link to these releases. Link to this thread with current releases instead.

Usage instructions:
Boot to fastboot and flash boot image:
Code:
fastboot flash boot <filename>.elf
Recovery boot is triggered by pressing any of the volume keys during bootup while the notification bar lights up.

How to run fastboot is explained in Sony's instructions. If you still need help with that, please Google it yourself because there are plenty of guides.

Standard disclaimer that I'm not responsible for any messups applies.

Thanks go out to FXP for the initial Nanhu device port.

Release history:
2013-05-26:
Separate versions for single/dual-SIM variants
Shut down option added to CWM
Proper default.prop included

2013-05-13:
Initial release

Last edited:

nozir_ahmod

Apr 19, 2012
can you give me the stock JB firmware (FTF) download link for Xperia E dual?

Sent from my C1605 using xda premium

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
stuck on waiting device in fastboot...
any suggest?
Code:
C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
< waiting for device >

ps: when normal mode and usb debug activated, adb run very well, also when I try to add new hardware then select fastboot interface driver, my computer said it's installed with code 10... restart my computer but no change... please help... this is my first Xperia phone but not my first android...
thanks

Last edited:

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
First post updated with new release.

Single-SIM E users, please flash the new single-SIM specific version. The stock kernel on the devices are slightly different, most importantly the battery percentage specification, so the reported battery level will be off when running the other device's kernel.

Reactions: tm.bax

Droidlover123

Jul 8, 2012
I am rooted with bootloader locked.
Please tell if I need to get mine bootloader UNlocked for this to work???
And people who have flashed pls give quick steps for how to.....
I am new to Sony device:p:D

Sent from my C1504 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tm.bax

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
The method of flashing a custom boot image won't work with a locked boot loader.

There may be other methods like this where recovery is placed on the system partition instead of the boot partition, but I haven't looked into that.

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
trying to combine with FXP CM10 > stuck on SONY logo...
with MIUI V5 > Bricked... :p have to use flashtool for recover...
btw, this is great work for stock ROM lovers :)
not meant for comparative, but your CWM look so better than FXP's one, also can reboot the system properly... ( CM10 still can not reboot phone, even on recovery mode)

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
It can't boot CM because it includes stock ROM's ramdisk, i.e. the boot instructions. CM will require its own specific ramdisk.

mnhs1010

Feb 3, 2012
Karachi
successfully entered in cwm in xperia e dual??? is ther any rom for e dual??? can i flash cm10.1 for xperia e in my e dual???plz any 1????

bolajones

Aug 23, 2010
Not working for Xperia E Dual

Unfortunately, this is not working for Xperia E Dual.

Can any developer build touched version of CWM or TWRP for E Dual, please? :cyclops:

thanks

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
Well that problem description is a bit too generic. Note that this is for stock JB ROM, not CM10 or ICS. I have tested it with version 11.3.A.2.1 on E dual.

I haven't done another stock-compatible recovery, but I'm hoping to post the first release of my CM10 port next week, and it will include TWRP.

bolajones

Aug 23, 2010
I´ve tested on stock JB 11.3.A.2.1 on C1604 device.
Please, port also recovery for stock only. I don´t want to use any other ROM at the moment.
Or tell how to do.
:good:

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
Well that problem description is a bit too generic. Note that this is for stock JB ROM, not CM10 or ICS. I have tested it with version 11.3.A.2.1 on E dual.

I haven't done another stock-compatible recovery, but I'm hoping to post the first release of my CM10 port next week, and it will include TWRP.

sounds great, but i think it will be useless atm....
due, CM10 still have one serious problem! no GSM!
unfortunately... :(

sumukh_rao

Mar 29, 2012
Bangalore
@jjm34
Hi!! ... Glad to see you are doing some development on this device (xperia e)...since you have ported CM 10 , do you have GSM working on it?? Coz the one by FXP dosnt seem to have GSM working...

Thnx in advance...

Sent from my C1505 using xda premium

jjm34

Apr 2, 2009
Please, port also recovery for stock only. I don´t want to use any other ROM at the moment.
I'll look into getting TWRP to work with stock when I've got some time, but right now I don't have anything except CWM.

Glad to see you are doing some development on this device (xperia e)...since you have ported CM 10 , do you have GSM working on it??
I'm posting this from my laptop using the tethered data connection of an E dual running CM10 :)
I'm currently away for a few days, but you can expect a release soon.

sumukh_rao

Mar 29, 2012
Bangalore
I'll look into getting TWRP to work with stock when I've got some time, but right now I don't have anything except CWM.

I'm posting this from my laptop using the tethered data connection of an E dual running CM10 :)

Awesome!! Eagerly waiting!!

Sent from my C1605 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a boot image with CWM for stock JB. The included kernel versions are stock Sony (versions 11.3.A.0.47 and 11.3.A.2.1). You may need an unlocked boot loader for this.

This can also be used to root stock JB ROM by installing Superuser through recovery.

Downloads:
    Xperia E single
    Xperia E dual
    Note: Don't directly link to these releases. Link to this thread with current releases instead.

Usage instructions:
    Boot to fastboot and flash boot image:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot <filename>.elf
    Recovery boot is triggered by pressing any of the volume keys during bootup while the notification bar lights up.

How to run fastboot is explained in Sony's instructions. If you still need help with that, please Google it yourself because there are plenty of guides.

Standard disclaimer that I'm not responsible for any messups applies.

Thanks go out to FXP for the initial Nanhu device port.

Release history:
    2013-05-26:
    Separate versions for single/dual-SIM variants
    Shut down option added to CWM
    Proper default.prop included

2013-05-13:
    Initial release

This thread is about CWM, not how to get JB. I've explained how to get it from SUS on another thread.
    anyone tested this on C1505 (single SIM)...???
    nice job mate... :)

perfectly working on xperia e SS ...gr8 job mate!!

Glad to see you are doing some development on this device (xperia e)...since you have ported CM 10 , do you have GSM working on it??