* Gimlo v2.0 released on 07/07/2013
* Gimlo v1.3 released on 25/05/2013
* Gimlo v1.2 released on 11/05/2013
* Gimlo v1.1 released on 17/04/2013
* Gimlo v0.3 released on 19/02/2013
* Gimlo v0.2 released on 03/02/2013
* Gimlo v0.1 released on 29/01/2013
Any confused version, Gimlo (Rom) has been downloaded more than 3,000 times between January and June 2013.
Gimlo is an all-in-one customizable rom for Xperia Tipo, Tipo Dual and Miro. It supports both locked and unlocked bootloaders, it also supports both custom and stock kernels. To be able to support all these devices, the rom was divide in two parts: Gimlo Firmware and Gimlo Rom.
The install process is based on the Aroma installer that provide a touch-based install wizard and more important, it will let you select which things you want to install... all choices are yours! So finally you will not get the Gimlo Rom but your rom, it could be a rom which contains a lot of features or a light and fast rom.
The size of the rom is slightly large as I am including many things but not all of them will be install, it will depend on your choices during the install process.
Based on the last Sony Official ICS 4.0.4 for your device
* Init.d support
* For both locked and unlocked bootloaders
* For both custom and stock kernels
* Bloatware free!
* Include the NXT stuff like framework, settings, small apps, magnification glass, bravia engine 2, ...
* You can include your own apk's files (applications), into the zip file of the rom, they will be automatically installed
* The install process is based on the Aroma installer that provide a touch-based install wizard
You have the possibility the choose between 5 themes, 6 launchers, 4 audio system, 3 cameras, 4 keyboards, 9 boot animations, 3 shutdown animations, 5 fonts, 9 status bar, 4 infinite view & many more... !
Nothing special... just have a Xperia Tipo, Tipo Dual or Miro.
* Stock or custom Kernel
* Locked or unlocked Bootloader
* A recovery system like CWM
Here is the compatibility list of all the features and apps for each device:
* Gimlo v1.3
- Gimlo v1.1
Please, check this table before to install the rom, to know if something could not work on your device.
And if you find an error in this table, please reply to this thread to give your feedback.
Your feedback are very important for me as I don't have a Xperia Tipo anymore, so I can't try the new versions of the rom myself.
So if you found something that don't work well, please post a reply and mention these information:
- The version of the Gimlo Stock Firmware that you use
- The version of the Gimlo Rom that you use
- Which Xperia device you've (tipo/miro, st21i/st21a, ...)
- And finally, explain your problem
How to install + Downloads + Changelog + FAQ --> Second Post
Screenshots + Install Wizard Preview + Credits --> Third Post