FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] [E] Battery down to 0%, phone doesn't charge

1,187 posts
Thanks Meter: 461

By NSDCars5, Senior Member on 31st January 2014, 06:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey.

I got the dreaded GSM bug on my E (running CM10). The battery was down to 7%, and I was being told to sleep. I did the foolish thing and turned it off, hoping I'd turn it on tomorrow and flash stock. Next morning, the phone didn't turn on; the red light issue. I managed to turn it on, but soon as it turned on, it complained about lack of battery and turned off - the battery symbol didn't say that it was charging, it just showed an exclamation mark. When the phone turned off, it didn't turn on; I never even got the red light back.

It's charging right now (or so I hope) with a 2A Nexus 7 charger and Sony's stock USB cable. Even after charging for about two hours, it still doesn't get a red light. I can't take it to Sony cause it has CM10 and I can't flash stock as I can't get it into Flashmode.

Help me? Please?

31st January 2014, 07:52 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5

Hey.

I got the dreaded GSM bug on my E (running CM10). The battery was down to 7%, and I was being told to sleep. I did the foolish thing and turned it off, hoping I'd turn it on tomorrow and flash stock. Next morning, the phone didn't turn on; the red light issue. I managed to turn it on, but soon as it turned on, it complained about lack of battery and turned off - the battery symbol didn't say that it was charging, it just showed an exclamation mark. When the phone turned off, it didn't turn on; I never even got the red light back.

It's charging right now (or so I hope) with a 2A Nexus 7 charger and Sony's stock USB cable. Even after charging for about two hours, it still doesn't get a red light. I can't take it to Sony cause it has CM10 and I can't flash stock as I can't get it into Flashmode.

Help me? Please?

Do you have an external charger? Probably not but it is your only shot! Or you need to find another Xperia E and charge your battery in that E. There is not much left you can try. Sorry.

Have you tried to plug it in your your PC? You never know...

This just pops up in my head: if you have enough micro USB cables, try to cut one open very delicate with a sharp knife.

Then try to insert them in your USB port to create voltage. This can't be stopped by the phone, it's a fully automatic process. Perhaps you can find a tutorial or so on the world wide web? Or do you have a very technical friend?

These are my suggestions. Can't think of anything else . Sorry.

Have a nice day and good luck!

Sent from a bad phone
The Following User Says Thank You to MatsPunt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MatsPunt Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 04:53 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Over there

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsPunt

Do you have an external charger? Probably not but it is your only shot! Or you need to find another Xperia E and charge your battery in that E. There is not much left you can try. Sorry.

Have you tried to plug it in your your PC? You never know...

This just pops up in my head: if you have enough micro USB cables, try to cut one open very delicate with a sharp knife.

Then try to insert them in your USB port to create voltage. This can't be stopped by the phone, it's a fully automatic process. Perhaps you can find a tutorial or so on the world wide web? Or do you have a very technical friend?

These are my suggestions. Can't think of anything else . Sorry.

Have a nice day and good luck!

Sent from a bad phone

Thanks. No external charger, plugging it into the laptop didn't do anything last night, my mother would kill me if I put a cut-open cable in my phone, can't find anything on the WWW, and I am the techinal one in my group of friends.

I left the phone to charge overnight and then tried to power it on. A red light occasionally blinks, but I can't turn the phone on. It's still connected to the charger, with me hoping for a miracle.
1st February 2014, 08:19 AM |#4  
Flag Liberty City
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Try using one of those 'universal chargers'. They're really cheap, and availability shouldn't be a problem when you're in Delhi. But those are supposed to be kind of dangerous-might fry your battery. But then , it could give your battery just enough juice it needs to enter flashmode!
Best of luck! May God be with your E!

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP
The Following User Says Thank You to KDB223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KDB223 Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 09:55 AM |#5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Like I said in PM,universal charger should do it.
Actually one of my friend using miro had this issue,what he did was charged it by universal charger for a considerable time[like 20 minutes]
and then put in the battery in his phone and connected it,the battery was around 17 percent and then he continued charging the phone by sony cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoTrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeoTrix Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 11:49 AM |#6  
Flag Liberty City
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTrix

Like I said in PM,universal charger should do it.
Actually one of my friend using miro had this issue,what he did was charged it by universal charger for a considerable time[like 20 minutes]
and then put in the battery in his phone and connected it,the battery was around 17 percent and then he continued charging the phone by sony cable.

There you go @NSDCars5

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I WAS OF ANY HELP
The Following User Says Thank You to KDB223 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KDB223 Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 02:55 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Over there

More
@KDB223 @NeoTrix

What, exactly, do you mean by a "universal charger"? I thought all microUSB chargers were compatible with all microUSB phones. Or do you mean a charger that charges any phone, by using separate ports?
1st February 2014, 03:10 PM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSDCars5

@KDB223 @NeoTrix

What, exactly, do you mean by a "universal charger"? I thought all microUSB chargers were compatible with all microUSB phones. Or do you mean a charger that charges any phone, by using separate ports?

They mean an universal AC/DC battery charger. You can get those for 10 euros/15 dollars(don't know in rupees). They can be found in any tech store.

Have a nice day!
The Following User Says Thank You to MatsPunt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MatsPunt Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 03:48 PM |#9  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 128

More

Universal charger^
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoTrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NeoTrix Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 03:52 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Over there

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoTrix

Universal charger^

Thanks - I had one lying about. Just put it on right now, I'll try and report back in about an hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NSDCars5 Ad-Free
1st February 2014, 06:32 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Over there

More
Yes! It worked! @NeoTrix, @KDB223, @MatsPunt, and the universal charger who doesn't have an XDA account, thanks a lot!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSDCars5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NSDCars5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, empty battery, xperia e

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)