[Q] is unlocking the bootloader will delete all my files on phone memory?

Search This thread

shubhamanand141

Dec 17, 2012
kapurthala
is unlocking the bootloader will delete all my files on phone memory?\
I wanted to Install cm10 on my sony xperia tipo. for that i Have to unlock my bootloader. on some where over the internet, i read that unlocking the bootloader will wipe all my sd card data. is that True.?
if that is, is there any other way to install cm10 without unlocking bootloader???

Last edited:

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)
is unlocking the bootloader will delete all my files on phone memory?\
I wanted to Install cm10 on my sony xperia tipo. for that i Have to unlock my bootloader. on some where over the internet, i read that unlocking the bootloader will wipe all my sd card data. is that True.?
if that is, is there any other way to install cm10 without unlocking bootloader???
no you can only install cm10 with custom kernel so that means an unlocked bootloader. if your worried about loosing your data just back it up to a laptop or PC.

satan89

Sep 21, 2009
Bangalore, Mangalore
Relocking afaik requires some ftf file. I don't think its possible on tipo yet.
And custom rom might utilize ram differently based on what apps are preloaded in it (can be more or lesser than stock). Custom rom using custom kernel might allocate ram for gpu video memory and hardware acceleration to improve video and game playback so don't worry too much about ram unless you see a performance decrease.

Reactions: shubhamanand141

shubhamanand141

Dec 17, 2012
kapurthala
And custom rom might utilize ram differently based on what apps are preloaded in it (can be more or lesser than stock). Custom rom using custom kernel might allocate ram for gpu video memory and hardware acceleration to improve video and game playback so don't worry too much about ram unless you see a performance decrease.

is there a way to come back to your stock ROM after installing cm10.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking bootloader will factory reset your phone. But it won't format your internal or external memory.
    Yes, flash ftf file with flashtool.
    Its in general section, there is a thread that has a collection of ftf files