Your phone needs to have an unlocked bootloader! Follow these instructions
Please do not use the ClockworkMod found in another thread. It's very buggy, is not compatible with the Xperia J and may permanently damage your phone.
- Download ClockworkMod from the link above
- Switch off phone
- Hold Vol-UP button
- Insert USB cable, wait for blue light
Flash and enter recovery:
- In terminal, run fastboot flash boot ClockworkMod-18.104.22.168.img
- In terminal, run fastboot reboot
- when the purple LED shines, press and hold the Vol-UP button
03 - cm-10-20121227-UNOFFICIAL-jlo.zip - 153.91 MB
- Download CyanogenMod 10.0 from the link above
- Download GAPPS if required
- Save them to the internal sdcard
- (The external sdcard shows in CWM too, but I haven't tested this)
Flash CyanogenMod 10.0:
- Enter recovery as above
- Wipe data / factory reset
- mounts and storage --> format /system
- Install zip from sdcard --> CyanogenMod 10.0
- Install zip from sdcard --> GAPPS
- ? ? ? ? ?
- Stock camera has rotated preview and does not take pictures
- Notification bar sometimes gets stuck and becomes unusable
Recovery Jumps around every time the screen changes(fixed in 03) Notification LEDs do not blink(fixed in 03) Headphones are not detected at all(fixed in 02) Magnetic and orientation sensors do not work(fixed in 02)
(Notification bar can be fixed by removing "debug.fb.rgb565=0" and "debug.composition.type=mdp" from build.prop)
Everything else just works - WiFi, bluetooth GSM, Data, etc.
If you find any other issues post them!
Below are sources, and attached is the stock kernel if you wish to flash back a CWM backup of the stock ROM
This would have been much more difficult if it wasn't for the FreeXperia Team, so say thanks to them too!
Device folder - Vendor folder - Kernel folder