/* * You may void your warranty. * I am not responsible for bricked devices or dead SD cards. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about this kernel. * YOU are choosing to make these modifications to your device. * I absolutely disclaim all the responsibilities. * Flashing kernel requires unlocked bootloader. * You can unlock your bootloader from here. */
Frankly, I don't like fancy or bloated OP's. So I kept thread simple and clean. Changelogs are not posted here. Check link in description.
Kernel is compatible with all stock JB/ICS based ROM's.
All the best!
* Based on Latest Official sources * Compiled using Linaro 4.8 Toolchain * Integrated CWM and TWRP Touch * init.d support * Google Snappy drivers * ZRAM and SWAP support * CleanCache * Autoroot * Ext 2/3/4 Support * persistent adb * ARM_THUMBEE support * /rootfs and /system mounted as rw * Added frandom * Salvaged RAM * Tiny RCU * Added CIFS, NTFS, FUSE and TUN as external modules * ro.secure=0 : Root exploit enabled via adb * Removed debugging s**ts * Governors : InteractiveX OndemandX Performance Ondemand Interactive Powersave Conservative Smartass2 minmax * IO Shedulers : sio deadline noop cfq VR row ZEN * See change log or commits for detailed info.
Instructions : * Flash the boot partition with the kernel in fastboot mode. * Guide : Here
FXP : for helping me with repacking into elf
srl3gx : For his CWM
Team WIN : For their TWRP recovery
All brave testers: Special thanks to julesone
Github : Source
1. Is this working on blah blah?
> I don't know. Do some research. Keep the disclaimer in mind.
2. OMG! My device rebooted/crashed/exploded?
> Get me the logcat.
3. Battery drains like hell. WTF?
> Not kernel problem. It's your apps that are waking up device from deep sleep. Check the wakelocks. I don't build kernels to worsen battery life. See here for more info.
4. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel?
> Again. Not the kernel problem. Check if you have latest ( and proper ) baseband for your device.
5. Will it root my device ?
> Yes! It will automatically root your device with latest su.
6. App FC's or something crashes?
> Try reinstalling app again. Give me logcat if problem persists.
7. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
> Do some research. Check thread, repo, commits etc.
8. Which governors/IO-schedulers to use?
> Depends on your usage. I recommend ondemandX + SIO. See here for more info.
9. I need more info on something?
> You can find all answers here