[ROM][J] DiXperia 'Rare' | It's time for unusual experience! | 01.09.2013

2,029 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,139

By DiKeJ, Senior Member on 25th August 2013, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Firstly, I want to say hi, as I'm new in this XDA section, was being a long time in X10, Play and Neo L development, but now it's time to say knock knock here, so welcome everybody, my name is Damian and please, let me introduce my project for Xperia J .

If you want to see how much I've made check my signature and find my website or look in all my projects post inside XDA :P.

Credits goes to Sony, gavster26 and DooMLoRD .

'Rare' is single project for Xperia J, as this is my new daily device after Xperia X10, so I wanted to make something I like on new device, that's why I'm bringing you this .

• DiXperia 'Rare' is my ROM based on official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
  • Most of features are written below, so start reading this big thread! Hope you still want do that, and use my ROM .

• Based on JB 4.1.2, with Sony Xperia apps and framework.
  • Create Yourself ™ - my own idea. You've seen this in all DiXperias - it's something like "you choose stuff and version you like, and if you need something, you just apply this like extra file. No need to delete tons of apps you don't using and won't" - it's simple, fast, and has potential .
  • Playstation Certificate.
  • Walkman player.
  • Changing music via lockscreen.
  • Facebook.
  • Xperia swype keyboard.
  • Scripts, tricks, tweaks - they promise lot of fun, lot of performance and lot of stability ^^.
  • I think it's enough but you know it's not everything - I'm sure I missed a lot of features, but it's up to you to test it yourself if you really want to using this ROM.

Just come and get it in second post .

• Of course Root + Busybox.
  • Bootloade can be locked or unlocked, but prefer UL, as it's easier to change Kernels etc..
  • Required Kernel.
  • CWM Recovery.

• Download ROM (+ optional addons) and put it on your SD Card.
  • In fastboot mode flash 1_DX_CWM.img file (download below).
  • Go to CWM Recovery and make Full Wipe and Wipe Cache, then clean your Dalvik, fix Battery and Fix Permissions. (if needed, make /system format too)
  • Choose .zip to flash and select my ROM. Wait...
  • Done! Reboot and pull out battery, give few second, then put on battery again.
  • Next go to fastboot mode again and flash kernel.sin (download below) and turn on device.
  • Feel free to use it!

==> Important <==
Don't want make mess here, so just go and read Suggestions, cause there are some nice advices to get DXR working like it should (we need change some settings after flashing and booting ROM ).

Post #4 explains everything .

And bugs are in 3rd post .

Golden-Suggestion -> If you like my work and you are using it right now, please glorify it on your signature with this graphic:

And:
- Don't use any backup! (it doesn't mean you must delete yours, but be sure that it can create some problems. If you replace backup and everything is cool - that's cool! )
- After flash my system give it 1 day for better stability and the second one for applicate all scripts/tweaks/tricks.
- Simple, but no one understand it. If you want to have better battery life just decrase brightness.
- In my opinion, smartassV2 or interactiveX (choose yourself), and frequency of CPU from ~0.3GHz to ~1.3GHz gives awesome stability and performance .
- In Dev Settings, delete three types of animations.
- Use 2D render in Dev Settings.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
25th August 2013, 06:26 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots
Attached

Videopresentation
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-20-20-16.jpg
Views:	7141
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	2212988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-20-20-08.jpg
Views:	7226
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	2212989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-15-21-15.jpg
Views:	6403
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	2212990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-15-21-37.jpg
Views:	6032
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	2212991   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-15-22-46.jpg
Views:	5990
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2212992   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-15-24-08.jpg
Views:	6273
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2212993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-19-15-24-20.jpg
Views:	6554
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	2212994  
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
25th August 2013, 06:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
Bugs

Quote:

-If Sony Album FC - just extract apk from ROM, and install manually - all problems gone! (or download attached one) .

Attached Files
File Type: apk Semc_Album.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.23 MB, 3437 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
25th August 2013, 06:56 PM |#5  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 1,204

More
Omg... A new developer here!

Great job man!

What about speed,performance?
25th August 2013, 07:05 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
I think you should definitely check projects for other devices and opinion of this, I always bring similiar goodies for all communities, so check yourself buddy!
The Following User Says Thank You to DiKeJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiKeJ Ad-Free
25th August 2013, 07:09 PM |#7  
Flag Maribor
Thanks Meter: 1,204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiKeJ

I think you should definitely check projects for other devices and opinion of this, I always bring similiar goodies for all communities, so check yourself buddy!

Ok man. Do you own xperia j? If yes, try to port a lot of other thing...
25th August 2013, 07:12 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poland - Zgierz

Donate to Me
More
I own it, but it my new daily device and I didn't plan to make big mess around here, just provide one good Stock based ROM, as my daily smartphone need to be fast, stable and good looking .
Also, soon I will leave XDA for some time, as I've already made too much last time here, so I need some vacations . And yeeeah, school starts in week :P.
25th August 2013, 07:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Great stuff.

Always good to see new devs and new roms

Will try this out in the next couple of days.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2cans1string For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 2cans1string Ad-Free
25th August 2013, 07:26 PM |#10  
Flag Sylhet
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Love to see u here. I've jump x10 to XJ recently. Hope u do to XJ like X10. Thanks.

Sent from my ST26i using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to mjonyh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjonyh Ad-Free
26th August 2013, 02:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How can i flash kernel.sin on locked bootloader? (sorry i only have flashed .ftf files)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dikej, dixperia, dixperia rare, xperia j, xperia j rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)