FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sony earphones

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By myself_raghav, Member on 9th December 2013, 06:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th December 2013, 06:58 PM |#11  
ShinOrochiX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Ohh Ok, I am from UK so I guess it varies. I suppose your advice would be best here.

EDIT: BTW I GOT MY ONES OFF OF EBAY, WHICH MAY BE CHEAPER THAN OTHER OUTLETS.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShinOrochiX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShinOrochiX Ad-Free
 
 
17th December 2013, 05:08 AM |#12  
subha7082's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jhargram
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinOrochiX

Ohh Ok, I am from UK so I guess it varies. I suppose your advice would be best here.

EDIT: BTW I GOT MY ONES OFF OF EBAY, WHICH MAY BE CHEAPER THAN OTHER OUTLETS.

thanks for informing us. as its a thing of LOL .. India thinks EX300AP is much better as its much in cost.. and all from UK thinks that MH750 is better as its more in cost...this is just one example that how sony playing with thier coustomers
17th December 2013, 02:00 PM |#13  
myself_raghav's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Even i buyed EX300AP from ebay.The sound quality was pathetic.May be that pair was not genuin

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app
19th December 2013, 05:22 AM |#14  
Rohit@91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Skullcandy
I'm using SKULLCANDY INK'D 2 for last 6 months. Its one of the best sound quality you'll get under 1000 INR. I bought it for 599 INR from Ebay India.
24th December 2013, 08:59 PM |#15  
myself_raghav's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Please upload the link of ebay.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app
18th January 2014, 05:18 AM |#16  
Sujan Baruah's Avatar
Member
Flag Tezpur
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Smile Sony Mh750 vs ex300AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself_raghav

How's the sound quality of MH-EX300AP earphones in Xperia L?

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

I would like to provide my comparison between the mh750 and the ex300ap. (note: my phone is a HTC one X, previous phone was a SONY Xperia P with which i got the mh750. Later bought another pair to compare with the ex300ap, both of em purchased from ebay.in.
Bass on the mh750 is more mostly because of the fact that there is no leakage of air between the driver and the ear drums once inserted (this is the reason why both the mh750 and the mh1 is so painful in the ear. Especially the vacuum effect while pulling out). The ex300 on the other hand has a very different design. The way it enters the ear and the way it remains there is something to praise. I didnt know inears can be comfortable too until i tried these. The vacuum effect is nil, insertion is easy and it stays put without causing any irritation. Although i would advice to use a smaller earbud (take from your previous inear sets maybe, as extra ear buds arent provided with this). This helps to insert it much deeper. And unlike the mh750, inserting it deeper isnt painful as the air gets out to maintain normal pressure, same goes for taking it out, no more POPing when pulling it out. Volume is a bit less (vs mh750), but not too less either. Am using it on my HTC One X and i cant reach max volume without the risk of experiencing pain, so its good enough. Overall signature of the sound is kinda dull (although not as dull as the pathetic sounding mh750). Clarity and mids are more pronounced in the ex300 so definitely its an upgrade in sound 'quality' but this doesnt mean its perfect. Better than mh750 yes.... but sound quality isnt something to write home about. I have a sennheiser HD202 so i know the meaning of clarity. Using the ex300 on flat eq is not advisable. Rather apply a U shape eq or 'rock' eq to get a much much better experience (keep the mids untouched if possible, basically make the U shape 'above' the base frequency line on the equalizer, not through it). The ex300 is more flexible with equalizers than mh750 which no matter how you mess with it the output just doesn't sound pleasing. The thing that makes the ex300 stand out is its wider soundstage. I have used all stock earbuds of all the manufacturers (sony, HTC, samsung, LG, nokia) and these are the best in this aspect. The sound will keep getting better till it reaches full burn in. I just recently bought the ex300ap. Build quality wise the plug on the ex300 is much better while the cable is thicker on the mh750. Quality of cable on the ex300 isnt bad but can be snapped easily by the looks of it. Cant expect any better for the price. The larger 13.5mm driver does make a difference as the sound seems more fuller, kinda like am listening to a over ear headphone. There is no distortion on high volume or bass. Has the ability to extend very deep (as far as 15hz). Bigger driver also gives a very obvious advantage. That is if the earbud does get a bit loose, the sound doesnt go too quiet or too low on the bass in an instant like other headsets. This keeps us from fidgeting with the earphone too much to get that 'perfect' fix or sound every time you move your head. So basically am very happy with it.
Mind you, am only making these comparisons with stock earphones only because these are very good value for money and are more useful (having mic and button as an added extra). Very cheap price just makes it impossible to complain about anything at all. Each of the above can be had for much less than 10$ on ebay (Ebay india cost for ex300ap is 300-500 INR, the mh750 200-400 INR). THAT cheap.
If i am to rate the two then here goes,
Bass: 4 star to the mh750/ 3.5 star to the ex300
Mids: 2.5 vs 3
Treble: 1.5 vs 2.5.
Am basing the above rating to my sennheiser HD202 which is my current best for the type of music i prefer. Usually all those R&B, HipHop, pop, rock, country, bollywood (basically everything that doesnt have mad men shouting in it like those heavy metal kinds).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sujan Baruah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Sujan Baruah Ad-Free
18th January 2014, 06:33 AM |#17  
myself_raghav's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Dehradun
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I buyed ex300ap from Ebay..the voice quality was pathetic.The pairs you are getting in 500 from ebay whether it is mh750 or ex300ap,they are not original.they are oem product.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app
19th January 2014, 07:52 AM |#18  
Sujan Baruah's Avatar
Member
Flag Tezpur
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Oem or not
Quote:
Originally Posted by myself_raghav

I buyed ex300ap from Ebay..the voice quality was pathetic.The pairs you are getting in 500 from ebay whether it is mh750 or ex300ap,they are not original.they are oem product.

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

First of all am not stupid. I made it 100% sure to know its not oem and later after receiving I compared it to a friend's ex 300ap that came with his Z and they are cent per cent same. Same plastic cover, same design, same cable, same plug, same material, original tag with 16 digit serial numbers n all.
And as for the sound I did say it's not good enough without eq but compared to mh 750 it's a mile ahead in sound quality and light years ahead in comfort. I can't even tell its inside my ears.
My point is, if you want to decide between the mh750 and ex300ap.... Go for the latter.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Oh and please note the fact that the kind of sound am enjoying now has lots of factors working upon it such as,
1. HTC Beats Audio (my phone is HTC One X endevoru)
2. 'Nrg player' with following settings,
Bass boost: 10
Treble boost: 2
Reverbration: 7
Pre Amp limit: 8%
Custom Equalizer with; 14-10-0-0-2-7-7-5-8-11 (from top to bottom i.e low to high frequency, hence first 14 is for 32hz and last 11 is for 16k hz).
Anyone with HOX should try above settings on this headphone, I bet you won't listen to any other (first of all because of the tonality and second of all the COMFORT).

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Why not power amp you may ask but I just don't like the tonality of poweramp. Nrg player reverbration makes music very comfortable to listen to. Poweramp although is best to squeeze every single drop of a device's potential but I would rather use it with music systems and external speakers, not inears. Stereo separation sucks in PowerAmp (it's surround effect thing is pathetic ).
18th August 2014, 08:31 AM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujan Baruah

I would like to provide my comparison between the mh750 and the ex300ap. (note: my phone is a HTC one X, previous phone was a SONY Xperia P with which i got the mh750. Later bought another pair to compare with the ex300ap, both of em purchased from ebay.in.
Bass on the mh750 is more mostly because of the fact that there is no leakage of air between the driver and the ear drums once inserted (this is the reason why both the mh750 and the mh1 is so painful in the ear. Especially the vacuum effect while pulling out). The ex300 on the other hand has a very different design. The way it enters the ear and the way it remains there is something to praise. I didnt know inears can be comfortable too until i tried these. The vacuum effect is nil, insertion is easy and it stays put without causing any irritation. Although i would advice to use a smaller earbud (take from your previous inear sets maybe, as extra ear buds arent provided with this). This helps to insert it much deeper. And unlike the mh750, inserting it deeper isnt painful as the air gets out to maintain normal pressure, same goes for taking it out, no more POPing when pulling it out. Volume is a bit less (vs mh750), but not too less either. Am using it on my HTC One X and i cant reach max volume without the risk of experiencing pain, so its good enough. Overall signature of the sound is kinda dull (although not as dull as the pathetic sounding mh750). Clarity and mids are more pronounced in the ex300 so definitely its an upgrade in sound 'quality' but this doesnt mean its perfect. Better than mh750 yes.... but sound quality isnt something to write home about. I have a sennheiser HD202 so i know the meaning of clarity. Using the ex300 on flat eq is not advisable. Rather apply a U shape eq or 'rock' eq to get a much much better experience (keep the mids untouched if possible, basically make the U shape 'above' the base frequency line on the equalizer, not through it). The ex300 is more flexible with equalizers than mh750 which no matter how you mess with it the output just doesn't sound pleasing. The thing that makes the ex300 stand out is its wider soundstage. I have used all stock earbuds of all the manufacturers (sony, HTC, samsung, LG, nokia) and these are the best in this aspect. The sound will keep getting better till it reaches full burn in. I just recently bought the ex300ap. Build quality wise the plug on the ex300 is much better while the cable is thicker on the mh750. Quality of cable on the ex300 isnt bad but can be snapped easily by the looks of it. Cant expect any better for the price. The larger 13.5mm driver does make a difference as the sound seems more fuller, kinda like am listening to a over ear headphone. There is no distortion on high volume or bass. Has the ability to extend very deep (as far as 15hz). Bigger driver also gives a very obvious advantage. That is if the earbud does get a bit loose, the sound doesnt go too quiet or too low on the bass in an instant like other headsets. This keeps us from fidgeting with the earphone too much to get that 'perfect' fix or sound every time you move your head. So basically am very happy with it.
Mind you, am only making these comparisons with stock earphones only because these are very good value for money and are more useful (having mic and button as an added extra). Very cheap price just makes it impossible to complain about anything at all. Each of the above can be had for much less than 10$ on ebay (Ebay india cost for ex300ap is 300-500 INR, the mh750 200-400 INR). THAT cheap.
If i am to rate the two then here goes,
Bass: 4 star to the mh750/ 3.5 star to the ex300
Mids: 2.5 vs 3
Treble: 1.5 vs 2.5.
Am basing the above rating to my sennheiser HD202 which is my current best for the type of music i prefer. Usually all those R&B, HipHop, pop, rock, country, bollywood (basically everything that doesnt have mad men shouting in it like those heavy metal kinds).

That's a nice piece of review/info brother..thanks. Actually i was quiet confused on listening both pairs of headsets that which one was actually sounding better.
21st August 2014, 06:07 PM |#20  
Mustafa Jafri's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
It sucks a big time bro. Buy beats instead.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes