Best stable ROM?

Search This thread

mama-bobo

Oct 29, 2017
Which is the best ROM out there for Xperia L and can someone provide me with the exact A-Z guide on how to flash it?

I have a spare 4.1.2 Xperia L lying around and it hasn't been used for months now. About two years back, I had tried to unlock the bootloader and messed up the phone. Had to take it to a local store to get it fixed and apparently, the bootloader was unlocked (does that mean I succeeded?). I later managed to root the phone with MotoChopper and that was the end of it. Uninstalled all the crappy bloatware and the phone was fast af and I never thought about the need for flashing a custom ROM. Well, I couldn't because I was scared to fail.

Then, in July 2016 or so, Pokemon GO was launched worldwide and I couldn't play it 'cause minimum requirement was KitKat (fml). I had to finally get a new phone to be able to play it. Always wanted to upgrade the Xperia L because I love the phone. It was my first ever Android :D

mama-bobo

Oct 29, 2017
Which is the best ROM out there for Xperia L and can someone provide me with the exact A-Z guide on how to flash it?

I have a spare 4.1.2 Xperia L lying around and it hasn't been used for months now. About two years back, I had tried to unlock the bootloader and messed up the phone. Had to take it to a local store to get it fixed and apparently, the bootloader was unlocked (does that mean I succeeded?). I later managed to root the phone with MotoChopper and that was the end of it. Uninstalled all the crappy bloatware and the phone was fast af and I never thought about the need for flashing a custom ROM. Well, I couldn't because I was scared to fail.

Then, in July 2016 or so, Pokemon GO was launched worldwide and I couldn't play it 'cause minimum requirement was KitKat (fml). I had to finally get a new phone to be able to play it. Always wanted to upgrade the Xperia L because I love the phone. It was my first ever Android :D

Update: It seems that the Xperia L I had was already unlocked and rooted and I installed the Official TWRP App now to get into the recovery mode but I still can't find the "Install from SD Card" option. These are the steps that I did:
1. Installed Official TWRP
2. Downloaded image for my device
3. Flashed image (it said successful) and restarted into recovery

These are what I see in the recovery mode:
1. Reboot system now
2. Update adb (something)
3. Wipe system data
4. Wipe cache
5. Fastboot mode

That's pretty much it. Help!

stuckbootloader

Nov 14, 2015
Update: It seems that the Xperia L I had was already unlocked and rooted and I installed the Official TWRP App now to get into the recovery mode but I still can't find the "Install from SD Card" option. These are the steps that I did:

1. Reboot system now
3. Wipe system data
4. Wipe cache
5. Fastboot mode

What you're seeing sounds like the stock Android recovery. The TWRP recoveries from the app and from their website can't work on stock roms.
Assuming you have an access to a computer, download https://xdaforums.com/xperia-l/orig-development/cwm-recovery-installer-t2589320 and pick CWM. Transfer an older ROM that has root built-in (any LP/MM ROM would work) onto your internal storage, enter your recovery, and wipe /system, /data and whatever directories you're told to wipe in the descriptions. Flash the ROM, get the TWRP app if that's what you wanna use, and install the recovery. Reboot, and TWRP should be working this time. Wipe and flash the ROM of your choice.
Regarding the "stable ROM" question, I currently run LineageOS 14.1 and that's pretty stable - there's a little bug with the touchscreen that appeared about two or three weeks ago, but if you flash the "Touchscreen fix" .zip linked in this thread it will work just fine.

I know that my method is a bit roundabout but anyone can do it, even with no experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: rasoooli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1. Reboot system now
    3. Wipe system data
    4. Wipe cache
    5. Fastboot mode

What you're seeing sounds like the stock Android recovery. The TWRP recoveries from the app and from their website can't work on stock roms.
    Assuming you have an access to a computer, download https://xdaforums.com/xperia-l/orig-development/cwm-recovery-installer-t2589320 and pick CWM. Transfer an older ROM that has root built-in (any LP/MM ROM would work) onto your internal storage, enter your recovery, and wipe /system, /data and whatever directories you're told to wipe in the descriptions. Flash the ROM, get the TWRP app if that's what you wanna use, and install the recovery. Reboot, and TWRP should be working this time. Wipe and flash the ROM of your choice.
    Regarding the "stable ROM" question, I currently run LineageOS 14.1 and that's pretty stable - there's a little bug with the touchscreen that appeared about two or three weeks ago, but if you flash the "Touchscreen fix" .zip linked in this thread it will work just fine.

I know that my method is a bit roundabout but anyone can do it, even with no experience.