FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

What are the fastest and least memory-hogging custom roms?

51 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By Japamala, Member on 26th February 2016, 06:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've spent a long time using various versions of Cyanogenmod, but I always end up going back to stock sony, because it's just so much faster.

On Cyanogen, I'd sometimes have to wait a good 10-20 second after my phone starts ringing before it starts responding enough for me to answer.

I love all the nice UI stuff that lolipop brings to the table, and being able to install newer apps that no longer support Jellybean is also great, but it seems like this old phone is just not strong enough for it. Anybody have any advice?
 
 
26th February 2016, 01:52 PM |#2  
KingShahJahan's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I too would like to know which is the fastest and litest mod out there?! I don't care if they have to get rid of some visuals and animations or some features to speed things up or to lighten things.

All I care about is that it should be fast, lite and battery friendly. If I want some more features or visuals, I would get it from play store!
26th February 2016, 08:00 PM |#3  
Lorenz15's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 338
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japamala

I've spent a long time using various versions of Cyanogenmod, but I always end up going back to stock sony, because it's just so much faster.

On Cyanogen, I'd sometimes have to wait a good 10-20 second after my phone starts ringing before it starts responding enough for me to answer.

I love all the nice UI stuff that lolipop brings to the table, and being able to install newer apps that no longer support Jellybean is also great, but it seems like this old phone is just not strong enough for it. Anybody have any advice?

I'm using SlimLP for now and I can say that it is great. It is really fast, never laggs and you have enough memory space for many apps! Just try it and you will see the difference. And the best thing is that @CodeZero regular updates the ROM so we have the latest security patches and ROM features. I hope that I could help you





Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShahJahan

I too would like to know which is the fastest and litest mod out there?! I don't care if they have to get rid of some visuals and animations or some features to speed things up or to lighten things.

All I care about is that it should be fast, lite and battery friendly. If I want some more features or visuals, I would get it from play store!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lorenz15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lorenz15 Ad-Free
29th February 2016, 08:29 PM |#4  
n78 shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 729
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xperia_L

I'm using SlimLP for now and I can say that it is great. It is really fast, never laggs and you have enough memory space for many apps! Just try it and you will see the difference. And the best thing is that @CodeZero regular updates the ROM so we have the latest security patches and ROM features. I hope that I could help you

What about the battery bro , I read that CM12.1 and every ROM that it's built on it has battery drain .

For me I'm running an old copy of CM12 it's working like sharp no lagging enough space and the best thing awesome battery.
29th February 2016, 11:55 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by n78 shadow

What about the battery bro , I read that CM12.1 and every ROM that it's built on it has battery drain .

For me I'm running an old copy of CM12 it's working like sharp no lagging enough space and the best thing awesome battery.

What version of CM12 you're running now?
1st March 2016, 04:01 AM |#6  
n78 shadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 729
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfm.95

What version of CM12 you're running now?

cm-12-20150619-NIGHTLY
1st March 2016, 05:07 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
I tried cm11 recently and it surprised me. Smooth( best experience I ever had) , nice UI, 1.42 gb of internel storage(cm12.1 has 1.2 gb). But it has an ANNOYING bug that made me say hello to cm12.1 : if you turn the screen off and turn it back on right after that, it takes like 10 seconds to turn on. I wish there was a kitkat aosp project for XL that is still being developed or had some stable builds. The latest build of cm11 on CM download page cannot detect sim card and has some wifi problems
1st March 2016, 08:21 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97
 
More
Try it :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...-12-1-t3195312
I'm using rom cm12 nightly 20160227.
No problem . faster and smoothness. OTA updata. Battery pin.
Rom amzing for everyday use.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes