FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][6.0] CyanogenMod 13.0 [ALPHA] [HARD BRICK FIX]

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By voxrazr, Junior Member on 28th November 2015, 09:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
[ROM][6.0] CyanogenMod 13.0 [ALPHA] have bricked some XPERIA L devices. So this thread is to help those people who are facing the problem. I came across some methods to recover their Xperia L. Although, I am not sure it will work because I haven't tried it myself (Can't risk bricking my phone on purpose just to check this method which may or may not fix it ). But please go ahead and try it.
Quote:

It's better to try than to cry!

METHOD 1
Remove Battery, press power button for around 10-12 seconds..then press and hold volume up, a Insert the battery , fash tft file using flastool
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lycyxdkNlz8 (Comment by KãyRá S.s)
METHOD 2
Disconnect the phone from PC if connected Remove the battery Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds Re-insert battery Flash latest FW using flashtool..
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lycyxdkNlz8 (Comment by BEST FULLAPPS)

If anyone know a better method or a suggestion please post it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voxrazr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift voxrazr Ad-Free
 
 
28th November 2015, 09:58 PM |#2  
Flashing_Expert's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jihlava
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
you can't fix in any way broken partition table, only with jtag and similiar, this all should work for semibricked devices...
21st January 2016, 07:04 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hard Brick......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashing_Expert

you can't fix in any way broken partition table, only with jtag and similiar, this all should work for semibricked devices...

Sir plz help me out i have bricked my device. When i connect it to a charger it shows a greenish light for a second and the it fades out. No detection my pc. It says that it is an unidentified device. actually it happened after i flashed cm13 by olivier. It booted up fine. I then just shut it down to install gapps. But it didnt respond any more.
21st January 2016, 02:40 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykapoor97

Sir plz help me out i have bricked my device. When i connect it to a charger it shows a greenish light for a second and the it fades out. No detection my pc. It says that it is an unidentified device. actually it happened after i flashed cm13 by olivier. It booted up fine. I then just shut it down to install gapps. But it didnt respond any more.

You had to install the latest package.. if u didn't only then u would've got hard bricked... cm13 is now tested by too many people and it runs without bugs.. so it may be the fault with the version of cm13 you used..
8th February 2016, 06:56 PM |#5  
Flashing_Expert's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jihlava
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykapoor97

Sir plz help me out i have bricked my device. When i connect it to a charger it shows a greenish light for a second and the it fades out. No detection my pc. It says that it is an unidentified device. actually it happened after i flashed cm13 by olivier. It booted up fine. I then just shut it down to install gapps. But it didnt respond any more.

oh damn another one guy same happened to me with same rom ...
sorry but this means your phone is dead like mine, your bootloader is corrupted so device is unable to boot to kernel nor to system
no flashmode or fastboot mode, you can see it only in device manager (with proper drivers) as qhusb dload 9008
sadly we don't have proper files for QPST software so nobody unbricked his XL to this date
only chance is motherboard replacement
8th February 2016, 11:48 PM |#6  
Flashing_Expert's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jihlava
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by udaykapoor97

Sir plz help me out i have bricked my device. When i connect it to a charger it shows a greenish light for a second and the it fades out. No detection my pc. It says that it is an unidentified device. actually it happened after i flashed cm13 by olivier. It booted up fine. I then just shut it down to install gapps. But it didnt respond any more.



btw you had 2 partitions on your microsd? I need to know...
24th February 2016, 08:41 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Hi, is it possible to have some more information on the situations with cm13 that have caused a hard-brick? I understood that that the features such as link2sd and app2sd are potentially dangerous? Is this understanding correct? If yes, could you please explain why and under which circumstances this could create troubles?

Do you have any further suggestions on what to avoid?

Many thanks in advance for your expert advice.

I wanted to try cm13 on my spare xperia l, but would like to avoid a hard brick...

Cheers,
Hennng
25th February 2016, 05:45 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 68
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xleng

Hi, is it possible to have some more information on the situations with cm13 that have caused a hard-brick? I understood that that the features such as link2sd and app2sd are potentially dangerous? Is this understanding correct? If yes, could you please explain why and under which circumstances this could create troubles?

Do you have any further suggestions on what to avoid?

Many thanks in advance for your expert advice.

I wanted to try cm13 on my spare xperia l, but would like to avoid a hard brick...

Cheers,
Hennng

Its already been fixed in newer builds, also, the developer has stopped the development. But you can surely use CM13 Based ROMs since they also have better editing options.
4th March 2016, 01:20 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I really cant wait for cm13. It really pleases me If rom get fixes
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes