Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[SOLVED]Xperia L Drivers And ADB Problems

1,400 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,451

By Hnk1, Senior Member on 21st October 2013, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there

I have seen some posts where users are having difficulty connecting Xperia L to their PC or ADB. Therefore, I am writing this guide to help you all.

The guide was prepared using Windows 7 Ultimate but should work with Windows XP and Windows 8.

Firstly, Sony uses a different driver for their Xperia devices and therefore, sometimes you are unable to install drivers for your devices especially for ADB commands.

IF YOU ARE LUCKY
There are few ways to get around to install drivers for your device. The most convenient and easy is you plug in your device and wait for automatic detection of your device. Make sure you have USB connected as MTP in MY XPERIA in SETTINGS of your phone. The device drivers would be automatically installed by Windows update.

METHOD
If suppose you can not install your drivers, connect your xperia and then on your PC, go to My computer > Properties>Device Manager.
You should see an undetected hardware with a yellow exclamation mark over it. Open it and click on update my drivers. Then choose GOOGLE DRIVERS by choosing hard-drive. This should install the drivers for you. If this doesnot work. Try the attachment with the post where the drivers are modified to work with Sony Xperia Devices.
Follow the same steps but this time choose the attachment folder to search for drivers. It might say, the drivers are not verified. Just Ignore it and carry on installing them. You will need to unzip these files.

IF suppose you do not see any exclamation mark while you connect your xperia. Just go to control panel and add new hardware. Select, I will choose my device and then install from hard-disk. Select the folder where you have unzipped the files and you are good to go. The name of new hardware is not important as windows will read the drivers files and install drivers for Xperia.

This will install all drivers for your device. If there are two or more drivers while installing them. Redo the steps and install all of them individually.

Suppose your ADB still doesnot work, then

FOR ADB DRIVERS :
Download the ADB Universal Drivers and connect your device. Then hit install. The ADB drivers will be automatically detected and installed.

Further, if these tricks fail, you can delete the unknown driver from your control panel and then try finding it again by using refresh button(scan for new hardware changes) in device manager.

Another trick is to click on unknown drivers and delete them. Connect your phone and restart your phone. Then scan for new hardware in device manager. The drivers should be installed for your device.

If still there are some problems, I will try to help you out.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

DOWNLOAD GOOGLE DRIVERS FOR MTP/ PC ETC
https://dl-ssl.google.com//android/r...er_windows.zip

DOWNLOAD UNIVERSAL ADB DRIVERS HERE :
http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe

UPLOADED FILE : Sony Xperia Drivers for ADB.

UPDATE :
Use flashtool drivers to install adb/fastboot/flashboot drivers. This is the most simplest and easiest method I have come across lately.

Simply download flashtool

http://www.flashtool.net/index.php

Go to folder where you have downloaded it. Usually C:/flashtool/drivers.

Select the drivers for your particular device. I use universal for all three types of drivers. It is helpful to boot into fastboot/Flashtool before installing the drivers but not necessarily.

Good Luck
Attached Files
File Type: zip usb_driver_Sony Xperia.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.28 MB, 103844 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hnk1 Ad-Free

21st October 2013, 06:54 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne

More
Reserved
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hnk1 Ad-Free
21st October 2013, 11:38 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 647

More
This is great Hnk1 thanks a bunch
The Following User Says Thank You to Joel16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joel16 Ad-Free
22nd October 2013, 04:39 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel113-

This is great Hnk1 thanks a bunch

I am glad I could be of help
The Following User Says Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hnk1 Ad-Free
22nd October 2013, 05:01 PM |#5  
Flag /Universe/Earth/India/
Thanks Meter: 555

More
Good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Hi there

I have seen some posts where users are having difficulty connecting Xperia L to their PC or ADB. Therefore, I am writing this guide to help you all.

The guide was prepared using Windows 7 Ultimate but should work with Windows XP and Windows 8.

Firstly, Sony uses a different driver for their Xperia devices and therefore, sometimes you are unable to install drivers for your devices especially for ADB commands.

IF YOU ARE LUCKY
There are few ways to get around to install drivers for your device. The most convenient and easy is you plug in your device and wait for automatic detection of your device. Make sure you have USB connected as MTP in MY XPERIA in SETTINGS of your phone. The device drivers would be automatically installed by Windows update.

METHOD
If suppose you can not install your drivers, connect your xperia and then on your PC, go to My computer > Properties>Device Manager.
You should see an undetected hardware with a yellow exclamation mark over it. Open it and click on update my drivers. Then choose GOOGLE DRIVERS by choosing hard-drive. This should install the drivers for you. If this doesnot work. Try the attachment with the post where the drivers are modified to work with Sony Xperia Devices.
Follow the same steps but this time choose the attachment folder to search for drivers. It might say, the drivers are not verified. Just Ignore it and carry on installing them. You will need to unzip these files.

IF suppose you do not see any exclamation mark while you connect your xperia. Just go to control panel and add new hardware. Select, I will choose my device and then install from hard-disk. Select the folder where you have unzipped the files and you are good to go. The name of new hardware is not important as windows will read the drivers files and install drivers for Xperia.

This will install all drivers for your device. If there are two or more drivers while installing them. Redo the steps and install all of them individually.

Suppose your ADB still doesnot work, then

FOR ADB DRIVERS :
Download the ADB Universal Drivers and connect your device. Then hit install. The ADB drivers will be automatically detected and installed.

Further, if these tricks fail, you can delete the unknown driver from your control panel and then try finding it again by using refresh button(scan for new hardware changes) in device manager.

Another trick is to click on unknown drivers and delete them. Connect your phone and restart your phone. Then scan for new hardware in device manager. The drivers should be installed for your device.

If still there are some problems, I will try to help you out.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

DOWNLOAD GOOGLE DRIVERS FOR MTP/ PC ETC
https://dl-ssl.google.com//android/r...er_windows.zip

DOWNLOAD UNIVERSAL ADB DRIVERS HERE :
http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe

UPLOADED FILE : Sony Xperia Drivers for ADB.

Good work
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Navneet Suresh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Navneet Suresh Ad-Free
13th November 2013, 06:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Installing these drivers didn't work, But after a factory reset and installing the Sony companion, the drivers installed and now gets detected in the ADB.

Thanks
17th November 2013, 07:21 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSkid

Installing these drivers didn't work, But after a factory reset and installing the Sony companion, the drivers installed and now gets detected in the ADB.

Thanks

Did you try the attached drivers ?

I am just wondering you might hadnot turned USB debugging or disabled MTP mode or something you might have done to your kernel/ROM that might have changed the environment of your phone which factory reset reverted back. These drivers are NOT the drivers for connecting your device to your PC. These are used when you are unlocking your bootloader or working with ADB/fastboot commands.

Thanks for your contribution about how it worked for you and it might help others who might have a problem!
17th November 2013, 10:37 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
you can use ADB Wireless

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...wireless&hl=en
18th November 2013, 04:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnk1

Did you try the attached drivers ?

I am just wondering you might hadnot turned USB debugging or disabled MTP mode or something you might have done to your kernel/ROM that might have changed the environment of your phone which factory reset reverted back. These drivers are NOT the drivers for connecting your device to your PC. These are used when you are unlocking your bootloader or working with ADB/fastboot commands.

Thanks for your contribution about how it worked for you and it might help others who might have a problem!

I had tried every possible driver haha! Also had everything like USB Debugging etc turned ON, I guess it might have been some app I had installed. Anyways now I have rooted it successfully.

Thanks a lot for your help.
18th November 2013, 06:35 AM |#10  
Flag Tambun/Ipoh,Perak
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am still having this problem for days now. still no connection to pc/flashtool whenever i try to reboot into flashmode/flashboot. i've been google'ing around. and i've tried this method but it's seems doesnt work. i've already got tons of these unknown devices, and the driver doesnt work(or maybe im too noobish to install them).please help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	printsrc.jpg
Views:	1678
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	2398961   Click image for larger version

Name:	printsrc2.jpg
Views:	1685
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	2398962  
18th November 2013, 07:26 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newcastle Upon Tyne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReSkid

I had tried every possible driver haha! Also had everything like USB Debugging etc turned ON, I guess it might have been some app I had installed. Anyways now I have rooted it successfully.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am here for anything that I can help you with. It's great that your problem is fixed now !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AATrooperz

I am still having this problem for days now. still no connection to pc/flashtool whenever i try to reboot into flashmode/flashboot. i've been google'ing around. and i've tried this method but it's seems doesnt work. i've already got tons of these unknown devices, and the driver doesnt work(or maybe im too noobish to install them).please help

For a second when I looked at your images, I was just baffled. THOSE MANY UNKNOWN DEVICES! That can't be right you know.

There must be only ONE unknown device that ought to be installed as mentioned above in my post.

Do you see these devices when you connect your phone to your PC or those unknown devices are already there?

Have you tried windows update to fix it?

Tell me more about why you see so many devices.

If suppose, they are already there, just see which device comes up when you connect your phone and try installing drivers for that particular device.

Also, i suggest just go for add a new device and then select hard disk and then install drivers which are attached. I hope that fixes your problem.

REMEMBER your device must be connected when you are trying to install the drivers
The Following User Says Thank You to Hnk1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hnk1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)