Root Sony Xperia L (C2104 / C2105) Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build [15.3.A.0.26]

307 posts
Thanks Meter: 273

Thread Closed Email Thread
This method works on both locked and unlocked bootloader devices!!!

1. Make sure you are running Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Build 15.3.A.0.26. Go to Settings > About to verify this.

2. Enable USB Debugging , Go to Settings > About phone and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options, now Go to Settings > Developer options to enable Enable USB debugging mode.

3. Enable Unknown Sources. Go to Settings > Security and check Unknown sources.

4. Download vRoot from here - http://www.mgyun.com/vroot
Yeah it is in Chinese, so bear with it :P , download it and install this software just click next next like u install any other software :P

5. Open the vRoot and Connect your phone Xperia L to your PC , you will see a green Root icon in vRoot, click on that to start the rooting process. See the below screenshot.

6. When it is finished your phone will restart automatically and vRoot will show something like the below screenshot.

7. Congratulations your phone is now rooted :P. To verify see the Kinguser app , see the note below to replace it with SuperSU.

Note :- If you want to change the Kinguser (Chinese Superuser app) to SuperSU , just download SuperSU from Playstore , open it , it will ask for Root Permissions , grant it , then follow the screen instructions to update the binary. Now open SuperSU , go to Settings and click on "Install SuperSU into /system" . Your phone will reboot and Kinguser will automatically get uninstalled

OR

Download this file - LINK
Extract it somewhere and run 'runme_win.bat' .

Credits :
Chinese for the VRoot
@DooMLoRD
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Waledac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Waledac Ad-Free
29th October 2013, 09:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Thank you!!!! Can un-install bloat, eventually deodex and install xposed framework now
29th October 2013, 09:27 PM |#3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Info 2
If any one has problem removing kinguser via SuperSU (In my case, SuperSU always failed to get root access from kinguser), Download Root VROOT.zip (2nd attachement) from here, extract it somewhere and run "runme_win.bat"
Kinguser is replaced by SuperSU now
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sshivampp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sshivampp Ad-Free
29th October 2013, 09:54 PM |#4  
Flag La Coruña
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamcheat

If any one has problem removing kinguser via SuperSU (In my case, SuperSU always failed to get root access from kinguser), Download Root VROOT.zip (2nd attachement) from here, extract it somewhere and run "runme_win.bat"
Kinguser is replaced by SuperSU now

This
29th October 2013, 10:27 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 785

More
Is this confirmed working?

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel113-

Is this confirmed working?

And is it full root?
29th October 2013, 11:27 PM |#6  
Flag Talagante
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Is this full root? Can we mount system as R/W?

EDIT: Yes, it's full root. Just deleted some indian bloatware
30th October 2013, 12:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 785

More
is this safe or what :L
I rather wait for a more stable rooting method
30th October 2013, 12:54 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 502

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel113-

is this safe or what :L
I rather wait for a more stable rooting method

this is rock solid and easier than before and faster too. I don't know what your leary about. Works great, full root.
30th October 2013, 04:55 AM |#9  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 589

More
This worked for me as full root. thanks
30th October 2013, 05:54 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
phone not detected
My phone is not being detected by the software ie,the -ROOT button is not coming up!!!!
WHAT SHOULD I DO????????
The Following User Says Thank You to shahiz369 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shahiz369 Ad-Free
30th October 2013, 07:02 AM |#11  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahiz369

My phone is not being detected by the software ie,the -ROOT button is not coming up!!!!
WHAT SHOULD I DO????????

I hope you have enabled usb debugging, then most probably a driver issue

see this
The Following User Says Thank You to sshivampp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sshivampp Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, guide, how to, root, xperia l
Previous Thread Next Thread