FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root your L1 with Magisk

2,821 posts
Thanks Meter: 596
 
By mingkee, Senior Member on 23rd October 2017, 03:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update: I used Linux machine instead of Windows and the latest kernel works now.

Kernel modifications:

default.prop modified
ro.secure=0
ro.debuggable=1

Requirement:
1. Your L1
2. Installed drivers (Sony so0112 for both ADB and fastboot)
3. Your phone has to be bootloader unlocked
Warning: your phone will be wiped including DRM and there's no backup solution for Android 7
4. Magisk downloaded and installed
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk
5. This modified kernel (sorry, I don't know how to make TWRP so no recovery at this time)
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329056251 (patched with Magisk)
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889964283620760970 (modified but not patched with Magisk)
Kernel is for G3313, but it should work with other variations.
6. Working ADB

Instructions:
1. enable your phone debug options. Go to About Devices >>> Build Number and hit 7 times until you see Developers Options. Go there to enable USB Debugging and Allow OEM Unlock.
2. plug in your phone and make sure ADB is working
Code:
adb devices
If you don't see it, go to Device Manager and see whether Sony so0112 ADB driver installed. If it's working, go to 3
3. copy the modified kernel to your phone (make sure your phone USB is in file transfer mode) internal memory Downloads folder
4. install and open Magisk and install and patch boot file and locate the downloaded file.
5. locate patched kernel from internal memory /Magiskmanager/ and copy patched_boot.img and copy to your host computer.
6. go to command prompt and copy your ADB folder address and open your file explorer and copy the patched kernel there (e.g. Downloads)
7. use this command to go to fastboot mode
Code:
adb reboot fastboot
If you never unlock the bootloader, you have to write down your phone IMEI and go to https://developer.sonymobile.com/unlockbootloader/ and follow the instruction.
8. if your bootloader unlocked, enter the following command
Code:
fastboot flash boot
and drag the patched kernel and press enter.
9. enter
Code:
fastboot reboot
10. once you're back to the system, enter Magisk Manager again to check boot status. You may be prompted to install a module for Safety Net.
11. your phone is rooted. Done

Credits:
@osm0sis for Android Image Kitchen
@topjohnwu for Magisk
@rrvuhpg, @bigrammy, and @janjan gave me inspiration. It cannot be done without them
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mingkee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mingkee Ad-Free
 
 
23rd October 2017, 07:05 PM |#2  
HEKER510's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Bro i g3311 single sim do a funcionality this tutorial?
Recovery twrp is no
Boot.img is yes
Bro good hardwork
so root is using magisk?

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Magisk is a zip how install anyidea?
23rd October 2017, 07:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 596
 
More
You have to run Magisk Manager to patch the modified kernel, and flash the patched kernel using fasrboot command
23rd October 2017, 09:00 PM |#4  
HEKER510's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
I cant signal gsm for g3311
No signal mobile
This boot is bad for my g3311 😫😫😫
23rd October 2017, 10:46 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 596
 
More
I will make three different variations for 3311 and 3312 and try again.
No reception at all?
24th October 2017, 07:22 AM |#6  
HEKER510's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
HELPPPPPPPPPPPP
I do not understand the patch for magisk
i am install magsik in 5.0.4
i dont instaled magisk v. 14
please help me how to all install install Thank you
24th October 2017, 10:49 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 596
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEKER510

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP
I do not understand the patch for magisk
i am install magsik in 5.0.4
i dont instaled magisk v. 14
please help me how to all install install Thank you

It's pretty straightforward.
After the installation, copy the downloaded boot image to your phone and let Magisk get the zip and patch your image file.
Once the image patched, copy the patched image back to host computer and flash in fastboot.
24th October 2017, 03:58 PM |#8  
HEKER510's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee

It's pretty straightforward.
After the installation, copy the downloaded boot image to your phone and let Magisk get the zip and patch your image file.
Once the image patched, copy the patched image back to host computer and flash in fastboot.

I am Flash uk verzion
Flashing img for magisk
Flash img for fastboot
My phone no signal gsm
Who IS problem bro
Recovery twrp IS no? Bro
Thankx you reply

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

24th October 2017, 04:07 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 596
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEKER510

I am Flash uk verzion
Flashing img for magisk
Flash img for fastboot
My phone no signal gsm
Who IS problem bro
Recovery twrp IS no? Bro
Thankx you reply

I have checked and I found it cannot read SIM.
You can flash back to 100% stock using flashtool. There's a problem with kernel and probably something is missing.
24th October 2017, 04:43 PM |#10  
HEKER510's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee

I have checked and I found it cannot read SIM.
You can flash back to 100% stock using flashtool. There's a problem with kernel and probably something is missing.

ok bro i flashing back for origo fw 79 uk yes ?
i waiting for your new boot.img bro
i am a read this this is so found problem are problem is solved clik this tutorial and read this

Is tutorial for xa xa ultra root no problem please read brother
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...-noob-t3638727

read
6. Power off the phone and flash ONLY "BOOT_DELIVERY" from a Marshmallow firmware with Flashtool ( exclude all other patitions), you must only see
"boot_delivery.xml" in the "Content" column.
AND
18. Power off the phone again and repeat step 6 with your actual Nougat firmware or the phone will not detect Sim Card(s)
25th October 2017, 05:04 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 596
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEKER510

ok bro i flashing back for origo fw 79 uk yes ?
i waiting for your new boot.img bro
i am a read this this is so found problem are problem is solved clik this tutorial and read this

Is tutorial for xa xa ultra root no problem please read brother
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xpe...-noob-t3638727

read
6. Power off the phone and flash ONLY "BOOT_DELIVERY" from a Marshmallow firmware with Flashtool ( exclude all other patitions), you must only see
"boot_delivery.xml" in the "Content" column.
AND
18. Power off the phone again and repeat step 6 with your actual Nougat firmware or the phone will not detect Sim Card(s)

I will upload new boot image. This time I did it in Linux (Ubuntu) platform instead of Windows. It tested on mine and SIM is working now.
Try this one https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329056251
It's already patched with Magisk, but you may need to install the zip anyway
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
g3313, root, sony

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes