By JustArchi, Inactive Recognized Developer on 6th July 2014, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2015, 01:02 PM |#501  
Flag Lviv
Thanks Meter: 1,590

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommienots

Thanks dude, so this ROM now works on dual-sim? I read the first pages of replies and the OP said dual-sim is not supported

I'm not sure, but all KitKat ROMs (excluding toooo old ones) on our device support dual-sim. Especially, CM11. And this ROM is based on it, so it should support DS.
The Following User Says Thank You to Agu_Ra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agu_Ra Ad-Free

7th August 2015, 02:43 PM |#502  
Flag banglore
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommienots

Thanks dude, so this ROM now works on dual-sim? I read the first pages of replies and the OP said dual-sim is not supported

Kitkat build support dual sim network... I have used this rom and i was on a stable dual sim network
The Following User Says Thank You to manoj36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift manoj36 Ad-Free
10th August 2015, 07:37 AM |#503  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 38,917

Donate to Me
More
A release of 3.1.1 stable is planned for today, I just need to do some more stability tests to make sure everything is working . It's literally flying .

Advanced users can download latest experimental if they wish .
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
10th August 2015, 06:18 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
The first downloader it's me ..

Thanks archi

Sent from my waifu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1439227047740.png
Views:	342
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	3434669  
10th August 2015, 06:36 PM |#505  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
ArchiDroid 3.1.1

Golden

Changelog

ArchiDroid 3.1.1
- ArchiDroid Optimizations V4.1
- ArchiDroid is now built with UBERTC 4.9 androideabi (instead of SaberMod 4.9) and 5.2 ArchiToolchain eabi (instead of 5.1)
- Newest ArchiKernel snapshot
- Updated GAPPS
- Updated Xposed
- Other misc changes and bugfixes

ArchiDroid 3.1

- Initial release

Important notes

ArchiDroid 3.1 is major new release based on CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop). There are too many changes compared to previous release of AD 3.0.X, so you should treat this version as totally new ROM. Here you can find some important notes to make update easier, and to avoid some possible issues:

- The only two kernels supported by AD are stock one, and ArchiKernel. AK is suggested one by me, as it already includes all major improvements I wanted to add, such as OC or deep AD optimizations. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FLASHING ANY OTHER CUSTOM KERNELS. Only AK uses my own AnyKernel method which guarantees 100% compatibility with the ROM, if you're using any other kernel you're doing it at your own risk, and it's nearly guaranteed to cause very deep incompatibility issues, which will hurt overall system stability.
- If coming from AD 3.0.X or any other ROM, regardless what it is, you should make full wipe. ArchiDroid is smart enough to detect itself during install and offer you an update, but this option should not be used with major release such as this one. Full wipe in necessary.
- It also means that you should AVOID restoring old, incompatible data with apps such as Titanium Backup. Full wipe means full wipe, not half wipe and restoring data later. Of course, it's up to you if you want to follow my suggestions or not, but do not expect that you'll have bugfree experience otherwise.
- You should update your recovery prior to flashing, again, regardless of what recovery you have now. The best way is to do so right from ArchiDroid ZIP, as AD offers updating recovery prior to flashing the rest, from AROMA. On the preset screen you can choose "Recovery", which will flash stock kernel + recovery combo (TWRP self-compiled by me). Then reboot recovery and flash the rest. All other recoveries, including other/older TWRPs are unsupported and you're using them at your own risk.
- While not mandatory, I suggest also a wipe of whole internal SD card (/data and /data/media), as this will make sure than no junk is left. If you don't want to do so, at least make sure to remove /data/media/0/ArchiDroid folder prior to flashing, even if you have experimental AD 3.1 already. I do not track all regressions and doing so will make sure that backend works in intended way. A best way to do so is to update your recovery first, then through TWRP file manager navigate to /data/media/0 and remove whole ArchiDroid folder.
- AD already has built-in GAPPS, provided by OpenGApps project. Flashing other GAPPS is not recommended, but if you know what you're doing you can still untick all Google Apps offered in AROMA (Whole GAPPS category including core gapps + also google launcher and google keyboard) and install your own GAPPS package after AD installation. Although, as I said, I suggest to stick with AD gapps, as they're proven to be working well, and they're tested by me and other experimental users.

TL;DR
- Use only ArchiKernel or Stock kernel included in AROMA
- Make full wipe
- Update recovery prior to flashing
- Wipe internal storage, or at least remove /data/media/0/ArchiDroid
- Flash AD
- Do not restore old data through titanium backup
- Enjoy your fresh ArchiDroid experience

Download
All Files XDA

Stable: ArchiDroid 3.1.1 GitHub | XDA Direct | XDA Torrent
Oldstable: ArchiDroid 3.0.1.1 GitHub | XDA Direct | XDA Torrent
Remember that you don't need anything else to flash. Google Apps are included already.

Follow ArchiDroid On XDA!

Like ArchiDroid On Facebook!

Write A Review!

Rate This Thread!

Buy Me A Beer!

Hit Thanks!

Have Fun!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustArchi Ad-Free
10th August 2015, 08:25 PM |#506  
Flag Guisa
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Hi. At last!!! Downloading now...
Will test it and report ASAP, since I've switched to Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F, and now my old Xperia M belongs to my daughter.
Anyway, thank you very much for your amazing work. I'm still not able to "buy you a bear" 'cause I live in Cuba and have no Credit Card (YET).
God bless you.
The Following User Says Thank You to e-bert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift e-bert Ad-Free
11th August 2015, 12:24 AM |#507  
Flag Przemysl
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
Works like a dream for few hours. But is there any way to use CM audioFX? Or at least install any other thing like that one?
11th August 2015, 12:42 AM |#508  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krygo

Works like a dream for few hours. But is there any way to use CM audioFX? Or at least install any other thing like that one?

Yes, tick it in the AROMA during flashing to prevent deleting .
11th August 2015, 12:44 AM |#509  
Flag Przemysl
Thanks Meter: 226

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

Yes, tick it in the AROMA during flashing to prevent deleting .

Damn, so I missed that Was too excited about new archidroid while flashing
11th August 2015, 12:47 AM |#510  
Flag Warsaw

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krygo

Damn, so I missed that Was too excited about new archidroid while flashing

By default I decided to remove some Android/CM junk which I find more or less useless:
Quote:

"bloatware-basicdreams", "Basic Dreams", "<~archidroid.bloatware.basicdreams.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-cmaccount", "CyanogenMod Account", "<~archidroid.bloatware.cmaccount.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-cmaudiofx", "CyanogenMod AudioFX", "<~archidroid.bloatware.cmaudiofx.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-cmwallpapers", "CyanogenMod Wallpapers", "<~archidroid.bloatware.cmwallpapers.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-galaxy", "Galaxy", "<~archidroid.bloatware.galaxy.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-holospiral", "Holo Spiral", "<~archidroid.bloatware.holospiral.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-livewallpapers", "Live Wallpapers", "<~archidroid.bloatware.livewallpapers.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-noisefield", "Noise Field", "<~archidroid.bloatware.noisefield.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-phasebeam", "Phase Beam", "<~archidroid.bloatware.phasebeam.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-photophase", "Photo Phase", "<~archidroid.bloatware.photophase.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-phototable", "Photo Table", "<~archidroid.bloatware.phototable.desc>", "check",
"bloatware-visualizationwallpapers", "Visualization Wallpapers", "<~archidroid.bloatware.visualizationwallpapers.de sc>", "check",

Less APKs = More memory, faster AD, less overhead for ART.

But you can tick whatever you find useful to preserve it .
11th August 2015, 02:33 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

ArchiDroid 3.1.1

Golden

Changelog

ArchiDroid 3.1.1
- ArchiDroid Optimizations V4.1
- ArchiDroid is now built with UBERTC 4.9 androideabi (instead of SaberMod 4.9) and 5.2 ArchiToolchain eabi (instead of 5.1)
- Newest ArchiKernel snapshot
- Updated GAPPS
- Updated Xposed
- Other misc changes and bugfixes

ArchiDroid 3.1

- Initial release

Important notes

ArchiDroid 3.1 is major new release based on CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop). There are too many changes compared to previous release of AD 3.0.X, so you should treat this version as totally new ROM. Here you can find some important notes to make update easier, and to avoid some possible issues:

- The only two kernels supported by AD are stock one, and ArchiKernel. AK is suggested one by me, as it already includes all major improvements I wanted to add, such as OC or deep AD optimizations. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FLASHING ANY OTHER CUSTOM KERNELS. Only AK uses my own AnyKernel method which guarantees 100% compatibility with the ROM, if you're using any other kernel you're doing it at your own risk, and it's nearly guaranteed to cause very deep incompatibility issues, which will hurt overall system stability.
- If coming from AD 3.0.X or any other ROM, regardless what it is, you should make full wipe. ArchiDroid is smart enough to detect itself during install and offer you an update, but this option should not be used with major release such as this one. Full wipe in necessary.
- It also means that you should AVOID restoring old, incompatible data with apps such as Titanium Backup. Full wipe means full wipe, not half wipe and restoring data later. Of course, it's up to you if you want to follow my suggestions or not, but do not expect that you'll have bugfree experience otherwise.
- You should update your recovery prior to flashing, again, regardless of what recovery you have now. The best way is to do so right from ArchiDroid ZIP, as AD offers updating recovery prior to flashing the rest, from AROMA. On the preset screen you can choose "Recovery", which will flash stock kernel + recovery combo (TWRP self-compiled by me). Then reboot recovery and flash the rest. All other recoveries, including other/older TWRPs are unsupported and you're using them at your own risk.
- While not mandatory, I suggest also a wipe of whole internal SD card (/data and /data/media), as this will make sure than no junk is left. If you don't want to do so, at least make sure to remove /data/media/0/ArchiDroid folder prior to flashing, even if you have experimental AD 3.1 already. I do not track all regressions and doing so will make sure that backend works in intended way. A best way to do so is to update your recovery first, then through TWRP file manager navigate to /data/media/0 and remove whole ArchiDroid folder.
- AD already has built-in GAPPS, provided by OpenGApps project. Flashing other GAPPS is not recommended, but if you know what you're doing you can still untick all Google Apps offered in AROMA (Whole GAPPS category including core gapps + also google launcher and google keyboard) and install your own GAPPS package after AD installation. Although, as I said, I suggest to stick with AD gapps, as they're proven to be working well, and they're tested by me and other experimental users.

TL;DR
- Use only ArchiKernel or Stock kernel included in AROMA
- Make full wipe
- Update recovery prior to flashing
- Wipe internal storage, or at least remove /data/media/0/ArchiDroid
- Flash AD
- Do not restore old data through titanium backup
- Enjoy your fresh ArchiDroid experience

Download
All Files XDA

Stable: ArchiDroid 3.1.1 GitHub | XDA Direct | XDA Torrent
Oldstable: ArchiDroid 3.0.1.1 GitHub | XDA Direct | XDA Torrent
Remember that you don't need anything else to flash. Google Apps are included already.

Follow ArchiDroid On XDA!

Like ArchiDroid On Facebook!

Write A Review!

Rate This Thread!

Buy Me A Beer!

Hit Thanks!

Have Fun!

No carrier signal in the model C2004, Brazil.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)