- ArchiDroid Optimizations V4.1
- ArchiDroid is now built with UBERTC 4.9 androideabi (instead of SaberMod 4.9) and 5.2 ArchiToolchain eabi (instead of 5.1)
- Newest ArchiKernel snapshot
- Updated GAPPS
- Updated Xposed
- Other misc changes and bugfixes
- Initial release
ArchiDroid 3.1 is major new release based on CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop). There are too many changes compared to previous release of AD 3.0.X, so you should treat this version as totally new ROM. Here you can find some important notes to make update easier, and to avoid some possible issues:
- The only two kernels supported by AD are stock one, and ArchiKernel. AK is suggested one by me, as it already includes all major improvements I wanted to add, such as OC or deep AD optimizations. I DO NOT RECOMMEND FLASHING ANY OTHER CUSTOM KERNELS. Only AK uses my own AnyKernel method which guarantees 100% compatibility with the ROM, if you're using any other kernel you're doing it at your own risk, and it's nearly guaranteed to cause very deep incompatibility issues, which will hurt overall system stability.
- If coming from AD 3.0.X or any other ROM, regardless what it is, you should make full wipe. ArchiDroid is smart enough to detect itself during install and offer you an update, but this option should not be used with major release such as this one. Full wipe in necessary.
- It also means that you should AVOID restoring old, incompatible data with apps such as Titanium Backup. Full wipe means full wipe, not half wipe and restoring data later. Of course, it's up to you if you want to follow my suggestions or not, but do not expect that you'll have bugfree experience otherwise.
- You should update your recovery prior to flashing, again, regardless of what recovery you have now. The best way is to do so right from ArchiDroid ZIP, as AD offers updating recovery prior to flashing the rest, from AROMA. On the preset screen you can choose "Recovery", which will flash stock kernel + recovery combo (TWRP self-compiled by me). Then reboot recovery and flash the rest. All other recoveries, including other/older TWRPs are unsupported and you're using them at your own risk.
- While not mandatory, I suggest also a wipe of whole internal SD card (/data and /data/media), as this will make sure than no junk is left. If you don't want to do so, at least make sure to remove /data/media/0/ArchiDroid folder prior to flashing, even if you have experimental AD 3.1 already. I do not track all regressions and doing so will make sure that backend works in intended way. A best way to do so is to update your recovery first, then through TWRP file manager navigate to /data/media/0 and remove whole ArchiDroid folder.
- AD already has built-in GAPPS, provided by OpenGApps project. Flashing other GAPPS is not recommended, but if you know what you're doing you can still untick all Google Apps offered in AROMA (Whole GAPPS category including core gapps + also google launcher and google keyboard) and install your own GAPPS package after AD installation. Although, as I said, I suggest to stick with AD gapps, as they're proven to be working well, and they're tested by me and other experimental users.
- Use only ArchiKernel or Stock kernel included in AROMA
- Make full wipe
- Update recovery prior to flashing
- Wipe internal storage, or at least remove /data/media/0/ArchiDroid
- Flash AD
- Do not restore old data through titanium backup
- Enjoy your fresh ArchiDroid experience
Follow ArchiDroid On XDA!
Like ArchiDroid On Facebook!
Write A Review!
Rate This Thread!
Buy Me A Beer!