Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM] [7.1.2] [UNOFFICIAL] [NON-DEV] LineageOS 14.1 Xperia M

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By Komapatient, Senior Member on 25th May 2017, 10:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since the Xperia M aka nicki is no longer maintained I decided to start my own build and I thought I share it with the community.

Full Disclosure: I am not a developer. If there are bugs in any build, I cannot solve them. So always do a backup before flashing.
Also if you do not know how to flash: leave it be. I will not help with flashing problems.

I will try to keep it up-to-date.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing

Android: 7.1.2
Security Patches: May 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170525-103301[1].png
Views:	1386
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	4160843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170525-103312[1].png
Views:	1338
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	4160844  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Komapatient For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Komapatient Ad-Free

25th May 2017, 04:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komapatient

Since the Xperia M aka nicki is no longer maintained I decided to start my own build and I thought I share it with the community.

Full Disclosure: I am not a developer. If there are bugs in any build, I cannot solve them. So do always a backup before flashing.
Also if you do not know how to flash: leave it be. I will not help with flashing problems.

Thank you bro for sharing and keeping the device alive 😀

Btw you should consider posting this in android development forum so that people know abt it
25th May 2017, 08:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarsh Dubey

Btw you should consider posting this in android development forum so that people know abt it

I intentionally posted not in the development section, since I am not developing but only building.
26th May 2017, 04:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:

I intentionally posted not in the development section, since I am not developing but only building.

Bro you shouldn't post it in original development but you can post it in Android development as you are building the rom for the device and many of the people port roms they also don't develop nor fix bugs but post it in Android development as they are building the rom for the device
26th May 2017, 11:18 PM |#5  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 1,062

Donate to Me
More
sir @Komapatient , can you please share the source kernel or ROM?
27th May 2017, 10:20 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklas Van Dam

sir @Komapatient , can you please share the source kernel or ROM?

Hi,
I don't understand your request. I pulled the sources from LinOS Git. There is nothing done on the source.
29th May 2017, 10:07 AM |#7  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 1,062

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi,
I don't understand your request. I pulled the sources from LinOS Git. There is nothing done on the source.

Ok, it's neccesary for now. Can you please to keep update on this ROM?
1st June 2017, 08:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:

Full Disclosure: I am not a developer. If there are bugs in any build, I cannot solve them. So always do a backup before flashing.

Android: 7.1.2
Security Patches: May 2017

So basically you're keeping the ROM updated with latest changes from lineage OS source code , I mean bug fixes and security patches etc.
1st June 2017, 09:03 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixex

So basically you're keeping the ROM updated with latest changes from lineage OS source code , I mean bug fixes and security patches etc.

Yes. As a courtesy to the people who cannot compile their own ROM and to give s.th. back to the community who helped me a lot of times.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Komapatient For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Komapatient Ad-Free
4th June 2017, 09:43 AM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Île-de-France
Thanks Meter: 11,112

More
Hi @Komapatient,

Glad to see you once again around here, think we last talked when you were using the Xperia V on LineageOS.

Happy to see nicki is not fully dead and that its users can benefit from newer builds.
However there's a big concern here, I pushed the Nicki official removal for two important reasons :

- Device sources are no longer updated. If there's no real issue it's fine, but might appear.
> Issues like autobrightness flashing in a weird way upon device wake/unlock is among the biggest issue fixed / wip since the changes stopped.
> Checked in my huashan sources to find common relevant things for nicki, I just pushed an overlay cleanup and fix for MMS non-Data use.

- Kernel sources are highly outdated. To put this in a easy way, we can judge the security status
> to be around December 2016 and February 2017. Therefore the security version you share here is only the ROM sources,
> though a good portion of the security patches are actually to be worked upon for each kernel.

You can find our internal CVEs vulnerabilities tracker concerning the nicki 8x27 kernel here : https://cve.lineageos.org/android_kernel_sony_msm8x27
Someone should at some point stand up and start looking at them one by one,
fixing the ones related to the kernel version by cherry-picking, testing then pushing to gerrit.

You can take my sony_msm8960t kernel as reference if you wish, only the most recent CVEs are a work in progress,
and you should therefore easily see which CVEs concern your 3.4 kernel and find the commits in my history.

I'd gladly merge commits uploaded to gerrit if they are valid and properly authored / clean.

Hope this makes the current status of Nicki a bit more clear.

Bye.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AdrianDC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2017, 11:33 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
@AdrianDC
Thank you for your clarification. The kernel sources are indeed a bummer, but as my coding skills are below zero. Sadly I am not able to help here out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7.1.2, lineageos 14.1, nicki, sony, xperia m

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)