Thanks Meter: 86

Post Reply Email Thread
Simplest method for rooting Xperia M. Make sure you have internet access
To root download towel root
https://towelroot.com
Connect to Internet.. One click root.
Then install supersu from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu
The Following User Says Thank You to arunsreekumar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arunsreekumar Ad-Free

29th September 2018, 06:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunsreekumar

Simplest method for rooting Xperia M. Make sure you have internet access
To root download towel root
https://towelroot.com
Connect to Internet.. One click root.
Then install supersu from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu

Hey,
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just installed towelroot from towelroot(dot)com, it went successful. Now my phone says "towelroot" can damage your device. What should I so, I can't uninstall it can I?
I installed "Root Checker" from google play and it says "Root access is properly installed on this device!"
I couldn't find SuperSU on google play.

What's next? My device is Xperia M C2005 4.3 Stock FW, Build No 15.5.A.0.18

Thanks,
29th September 2018, 07:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefarhan

Hey,
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just installed towelroot from towelroot(dot)com, it went successful. Now my phone says "towelroot" can damage your device. What should I so, I can't uninstall it can I?
I installed "Root Checker" from google play and it says "Root access is properly installed on this device!"
I couldn't find SuperSU on google play.

What's next? My device is Xperia M C2005 4.3 Stock FW, Build No 15.5.A.0.18

Thanks,

Supersu has been removed from playstore due to some reason. You can download it from their website or just search on Google.
The Following User Says Thank You to hhjadeja007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hhjadeja007 Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 07:30 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhjadeja007

Supersu has been removed from playstore due to some reason. You can download it from their website or just search on Google.

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering, if my phone is rooted, do I need to install SuperSU?
I checked SuperSU website www(dot)supersu(dot)com(slash)DOWNLOAD and all the links seem to be dead.
I wanted to install TWRP recovery, I installed the app from playstore, flashed twrp img to recovery, but when I try to reboot to recovery, it reboots normally. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.
29th September 2018, 07:34 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering, if my phone is rooted, do I need to install SuperSU?
I checked SuperSU website www(dot)supersu(dot)com(slash)DOWNLOAD and all the links seem to be dead.
I wanted to install TWRP recovery, I installed the app from playstore, flashed twrp img to recovery, but when I try to reboot to recovery, it reboots normally. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

If you are in stock rom twrp won't work. Cwm recovery might work. And yes you should install supersu so you know which apps are using root access.
The Following User Says Thank You to hhjadeja007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hhjadeja007 Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 08:10 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

If you are in stock rom twrp won't work. Cwm recovery might work. And yes you should install supersu so you know which apps are using root access.

Okay great, but now I have more questions.
Xperia M C2005, Stock FW 4.3 Build 15.5.A.0.18
Bootloader unlocked: Yes
Phone Rooted: Yes

Now can I install SuperSU via adb command? Few weeks ago I installed SuperSU on my Moto X via TWRP and that's the only method I know so far
or is there any other method? I found the zip file on download(dot)chainfire(dot)eu, now I don't know how to flash it without TWRP.

I'm also planing to install a cleaner much lighter custom rom. Can I do it without TWRP? If yes, how? If you can guide me to a thread or link that's be great too.

Thank yo so very much for your help.
30th September 2018, 08:13 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

Okay great, but now I have more questions.
Xperia M C2005, Stock FW 4.3 Build 15.5.A.0.18
Bootloader unlocked: Yes
Phone Rooted: Yes

Now can I install SuperSU via adb command? Few weeks ago I installed SuperSU on my Moto X via TWRP and that's the only method I know so far
or is there any other method? I found the zip file on download(dot)chainfire(dot)eu, now I don't know how to flash it without TWRP.

I'm also planing to install a cleaner much lighter custom rom. Can I do it without TWRP? If yes, how? If you can guide me to a thread or link that's be great too.

Thank yo so very much for your help.

If you are already rooted then just install supersu apk. If you google it you'll find many sites having download links.
For custom rom, well I think you misunderstood me. You can access twrp while on stock rom. It's just that you can't flash anything I guess. (I actually forgot what was the problem anyways) I think you are pressing vol - button while power on. Try keep pressing vol + button after installing twrp through adb command. Then usual procedure for installation of custom roms
Here's link to how to install custom rom but one thing is make sure you flash magisk zip along with rom zip.
30th September 2018, 11:25 AM |#8  

More
Quote:

If you are already rooted then just install supersu apk. If you google it you'll find many sites having download links.
For custom rom, well I think you misunderstood me. You can access twrp while on stock rom. It's just that you can't flash anything I guess. (I actually forgot what was the problem anyways) I think you are pressing vol - button while power on. Try keep pressing vol + button after installing twrp through adb command. Then usual procedure for installation of custom roms
Here's link to how to install custom rom but one thing is make sure you flash magisk zip along with rom zip.

Thank you so much for detailed explanation. I'll follow the video tutorial and let you know if there is any problem.
Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)