Sep 12, 2018
Simplest method for rooting Xperia M. Make sure you have internet access
To root download towel root
https://towelroot.com
Connect to Internet.. One click root.
Then install supersu from
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu
Hey,
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just installed towelroot from towelroot(dot)com, it went successful. Now my phone says "towelroot" can damage your device. :crying: What should I so, I can't uninstall it can I?
I installed "Root Checker" from google play and it says "Root access is properly installed on this device!"
I couldn't find SuperSU on google play.

What's next? My device is Xperia M C2005 4.3 Stock FW, Build No 15.5.A.0.18

Thanks,

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016
Hey,
Sorry to revive an old thread. I just installed towelroot from towelroot(dot)com, it went successful. Now my phone says "towelroot" can damage your device. :crying: What should I so, I can't uninstall it can I?
I installed "Root Checker" from google play and it says "Root access is properly installed on this device!"

Thanks,
Supersu has been removed from playstore due to some reason. You can download it from their website or just search on Google.

Reactions: mefarhan

mefarhan

Sep 12, 2018
Supersu has been removed from playstore due to some reason. You can download it from their website or just search on Google.

Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering, if my phone is rooted, do I need to install SuperSU?
I checked SuperSU website www(dot)supersu(dot)com(slash)DOWNLOAD and all the links seem to be dead.
I wanted to install TWRP recovery, I installed the app from playstore, flashed twrp img to recovery, but when I try to reboot to recovery, it reboots normally. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016
Thanks for your reply. I was just wondering, if my phone is rooted, do I need to install SuperSU?
I checked SuperSU website www(dot)supersu(dot)com(slash)DOWNLOAD and all the links seem to be dead.
I wanted to install TWRP recovery, I installed the app from playstore, flashed twrp img to recovery, but when I try to reboot to recovery, it reboots normally. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.
If you are in stock rom twrp won't work. Cwm recovery might work. And yes you should install supersu so you know which apps are using root access.

mefarhan

Sep 12, 2018
If you are in stock rom twrp won't work. Cwm recovery might work. And yes you should install supersu so you know which apps are using root access.
Okay great, but now I have more questions.
Xperia M C2005, Stock FW 4.3 Build 15.5.A.0.18
Bootloader unlocked: Yes
Phone Rooted: Yes

Now can I install SuperSU via adb command? Few weeks ago I installed SuperSU on my Moto X via TWRP and that's the only method I know so far
or is there any other method? I found the zip file on download(dot)chainfire(dot)eu, now I don't know how to flash it without TWRP. :confused:

I'm also planing to install a cleaner much lighter custom rom. Can I do it without TWRP? If yes, how? If you can guide me to a thread or link that's be great too.

Thank yo so very much for your help. :highfive:

hhjadeja007

Jul 31, 2016

Now can I install SuperSU via adb command? Few weeks ago I installed SuperSU on my Moto X via TWRP and that's the only method I know so far
or is there any other method? I found the zip file on download(dot)chainfire(dot)eu, now I don't know how to flash it without TWRP. :confused:

I'm also planing to install a cleaner much lighter custom rom. Can I do it without TWRP? If yes, how? If you can guide me to a thread or link that's be great too.

If you are already rooted then just install supersu apk. If you google it you'll find many sites having download links.
For custom rom, well I think you misunderstood me. You can access twrp while on stock rom. It's just that you can't flash anything I guess. (I actually forgot what was the problem anyways) I think you are pressing vol - button while power on. Try keep pressing vol + button after installing twrp through adb command. Then usual procedure for installation of custom roms
Here's link to how to install custom rom but one thing is make sure you flash magisk zip along with rom zip.

Last edited:

mefarhan

Sep 12, 2018
If you are already rooted then just install supersu apk. If you google it you'll find many sites having download links.
For custom rom, well I think you misunderstood me. You can access twrp while on stock rom. It's just that you can't flash anything I guess. (I actually forgot what was the problem anyways) I think you are pressing vol - button while power on. Try keep pressing vol + button after installing twrp through adb command. Then usual procedure for installation of custom roms
Here's link to how to install custom rom but one thing is make sure you flash magisk zip along with rom zip.

Thank you so much for detailed explanation. I'll follow the video tutorial and let you know if there is any problem.
Cheers! :highfive:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simplest method for rooting Xperia M. Make sure you have internet access
    To root download towel root
    https://towelroot.com
    Connect to Internet.. One click root.
    Then install supersu from
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...infire.supersu
    Hey,

Thanks,

Thanks for your help.