FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Messed up my phone

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By TheBatThatCan'tFly, Junior Member on 24th June 2019, 01:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My phone might've got messed up pretty bad so need help.
Let's start from the start--
It has been 6 months since I've been using Cyanogen Mod 12.1 and I've been quite enjoying it except the regular force stops and power downs. Now, since 2 days I can't open my phone.
Two days ago, I thought of doing a factory reset on my phone and while it was on the process, maybe the battery was low or something but it shut itself down. Now, whenever I switch on my phone it shows "To start android, enter your password". I had not given any password to it but still I entered my Google account password and it worked but it showed "Decryption failed" and then tells me to clear the data of the mobile. After that I thought thought that I will be able to clear the data from the "Recovery" menu which is the Cyanogen Default recovery but whenever I try to do it, it says
"E: failed to mount /data (invalid argument)
E: format_volume failed to mount/data, formatting instead
E: format_volume: failed to open/persist/footer
Formatting /cache...
Data Wipe Complete"
What should I do? Please help.

25th June 2019, 04:05 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBatThatCan'tFly

My phone might've got messed up pretty bad so need help.
Let's start from the start--
It has been 6 months since I've been using Cyanogen Mod 12.1 and I've been quite enjoying it except the regular force stops and power downs. Now, since 2 days I can't open my phone.
Two days ago, I thought of doing a factory reset on my phone and while it was on the process, maybe the battery was low or something but it shut itself down. Now, whenever I switch on my phone it shows "To start android, enter your password". I had not given any password to it but still I entered my Google account password and it worked but it showed "Decryption failed" and then tells me to clear the data of the mobile. After that I thought thought that I will be able to clear the data from the "Recovery" menu which is the Cyanogen Default recovery but whenever I try to do it, it says
"E: failed to mount /data (invalid argument)
E: format_volume failed to mount/data, formatting instead
E: format_volume: failed to open/persist/footer
Formatting /cache...
Data Wipe Complete"
It doesn't even load in fastboot mode.
What should I do? Please help.

Your mobile got ebola. It has happened to many of the devices. You can search it in the forum. Sadly, there's no fix for that. Means you have to leave it and move on to newer device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)