FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery][Official]TWRP for Xperia M

949 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,590

By Agu_Ra, Senior Member on 30th June 2015, 04:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It has a fully touch driven user interface. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Logo by z31s1g

Installation/updating instructions and download links can be found on official device page. It is preferred to use official builds unless it is said otherwise in thread, so make sure you have read at least a couple of last pages.
My home builds can be downloaded here (link to the always latest build), it is useful when the latest official build is outdated and for testing new features. Site may sometimes be down due to maintenance.
And, as you remember, we are not responsible for bricked devices, accidental pregnancy or asteroid impact
(BTW, this thread is created at Asteroid day).

Warning! Read attentively this post and F.A.Q. below and at least 5 pages of thread before installing this and posting here! Or Dark Lord will come to punish you and take your shallow soul! Also I kill innocent kittens every time when I see someone installs it via fastboot/flashtool. So save kittens and don't ignore provided info.

It uses the same FOTAKernel install method as recoveries in this thread, so you don't need to install it every time you change your ROM or kernel. Also it doesn't work on stock ROM, 'cause we don't have stock kernels supporting extract_elf_ramdisk utility.
To remove recovery from your FOTAKernel follow this (you will use recovery from your boot image after it).

Official TWRP website — here you can find more info about recovery itself, versions changelog, donation URL etc.

Thanks to:
@Dees_Troy and all other TWRP devs
@PecanCM for initial device tree
Linus Torvalds for Linux Kernel, it would not be possible without him

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP for Xperia M, Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M

Contributors
cucumber09, Antrikos48
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.0.1-0

Created 2015-06-30
Last Updated 2016-09-15
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-06-19-40-17.png
Views:	6462
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	3636544   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-06-19-40-13.png
Views:	6282
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	3636545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-06-23-14-02.png
Views:	6212
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	3636732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-06-23-16-17.png
Views:	5088
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	3636733   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-02-06-23-17-34.png
Views:	5072
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	3636734  
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to Agu_Ra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agu_Ra Ad-Free

30th June 2015, 04:59 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lviv

More
Question F.A.Q. Must be read before installing and posting in the thread!
Q: Is it a kernel?
A: No, it isn't. It is a recovery image, but it is not booting independently, the kernel is using its ramdisk to load recovery. More... (extract_elf_ramdisk is deprecated in some ROMs and kernels, now its functions are implemented in init binary directly, read additional explanation from the next question if you are curious about how it works)

Q: Can I install it via Flashtool/fastboot?
A: No. For holy sake, don't do this! Here is explanation.

Q: Can I flash it with Rashr app?
A: Yes. But flash it as recovery, not as kernel! Read explanation above if you wonder why.

Q: Do I need to flash it every time I update my ROM?
A: No.

Q: Does it work with stock ROM?
A: No.

Q: TWRP says "Unmodified system partition" and asks to allow modifications or keep system read-only.
A: Tick "Never ask" and swipe. You can press "Keep read-only", but that really has no use on our device as we no more receive official OTA and ^look previous question^.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Agu_Ra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agu_Ra Ad-Free
30th June 2015, 04:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lviv

More
CHANGELOG
TWRP 3.0.1-0
Quote:

support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

TWRP 3.0.0-0

Quote:

• Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
  • True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
  • Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
  • Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
  • Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
  • Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
  • SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
  • Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
  • Update AOSP base to 6.0
  • A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

Device-specific changes:

• Enabled mass storage
  • Improved wiping cache speed and removed it from backup list
  • Increased system wipe speed
  • Update crypto from JB to current version for adopted storage decryption (1, 2)
  • Enabled NTFS-3g
  • Other fixes and improvements (commit history for nicki)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Agu_Ra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agu_Ra Ad-Free
30th June 2015, 06:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Yes! Yes!
30th June 2015, 06:47 PM |#5  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 655

More
Sir I have 2.8.5.0
can I flash 2.8.7.0 now, forgive me I'm not experience.
Thank you for your efforts

Sent from my C2005 using Tapatalk
30th June 2015, 06:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Yeay!
Thanks buddy

Try it nowwwwww !!!!!

Sent from my waifu
The Following User Says Thank You to itsnie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsnie Ad-Free
30th June 2015, 06:55 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lviv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh34d

Sir I have 2.8.5.0
can I flash 2.8.7.0 now, forgive me I'm not experience.
Thank you for your efforts

Sent from my C2005 using Tapatalk

Yes, of course. There is link to instruction in OP.
Quote:

TWRP Install (Requires TWRP 2.8.4 or higher already installed):
Download the latest TWRP image file (.img) from the download link and boot TWRP. Go to install and find and select the Images... button. Browse to the image that you downloaded and select it. Choose recovery and swipe to flash.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agu_Ra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agu_Ra Ad-Free
30th June 2015, 07:34 PM |#8  

More
I still not understand with resize2fs ?
My question is how to resize my 1gb system to 700mb and move 300mb to /data?

Sent from my waifu
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435689167064.JPG
Views:	994
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	3385392  
30th June 2015, 08:16 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Lviv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnie

I still not understand with resize2fs ?
My question is how to resize my 1gb system to 700mb and move 300mb to /data?

Sent from my waifu

You are confusing it with repartitioning. Lollipop uses block-based OTA. Some of devices have versions with different storage capacity (e.g. 16 and 32 Gb). And when you install system image for the device with 16 Gb on device with 32 Gb you will have system partition like in 16Gb-version. Also, sometimes custom ROMs' system image is a little bit "cut". So, resize2fs fixes it, you will have as many system storage, as can handle your system partition. And this function is not very useful for our device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agu_Ra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Agu_Ra Ad-Free
30th June 2015, 08:34 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumber09

You are confusing it with repartitioning. Lollipop uses block-based OTA. Some of devices have versions with different storage capacity (e.g. 16 and 32 Gb). And when you install system image for the device with 16 Gb on device with 32 Gb you will have system partition like in 16Gb-version. Also, sometimes custom ROMs' system image is a little bit "cut". So, resize2fs fixes it, you will have as many system storage, as can handle your system partition. And this function is not very useful for our device.

Woah thngs!

Sent from my waifu
30th June 2015, 09:54 PM |#11  
Flag Kebumen
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Why I can't find nicki in app?

Sent from my C2005 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1435697612152.jpg
Views:	1930
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	3385538  
The Following User Says Thank You to arell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arell Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)