Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Garv Maggu: F.A.Q ---->

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

• What is XOSP?
    • XOSP is an after-market firmware based on CodeAuroraSources (CAF) destinated for a wide range of Android phones. The name stands for the Xperia Open Source Project and the project was initially created by @nilac for the Galaxy S+ (his old device) years ago when back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
      S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there it was rebranded to XOSP. Calin worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on his Galaxy S+, he decided to take a break from development until he got his hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then he started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
  • How do we release updates?
    • We release new updates for our Official devices each week by providing Delta updates to the users,so maintainers of the other devices can do the same as well if they want to keep up with the changes. We will make full zip releases only once a month except special cases like for example XOSPDelta is not working or something like it.

• You can find all the included features right:

• You can find the list of current issues in the ROM right:

First time installing XOSP on your Sony Xperia M, or coming from another ROM?
  • Make sure your Bootloader is unlocked and you're running the latest TWRP from Here
  • Download latest XOSP build, XOSPApps and GApps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Full wipe
  • Flash latest XOSP build
  • Flash Dual SIM Patch (If required)
  • Flash GApps
  • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
  • Flash Magisk (If you want root)
  • Reboot

Upgrading from earlier release or revision of XOSP:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash latest XOSP build.
  • Flash Dual SIM Patch (If required)
  • Flash GApps if necessary
  • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
  • Flash Magisk (If you want root)
  • Wipe cache and dalvik
  • Reboot

• @PecanCM
  • @nilac and XOSP Team
  • CodeAuroraSources
  • Sony and the Xperia Community
  • @malybru for the XOSP banner
  • Mihir Mistry for the XOSP logo

XDA:DevDB Information
[XOSP] [Nougat] [Nicki], ROM for the Sony Xperia M

Contributors
Garv Maggu
Source Code: https://github.com/XOSP-Project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-07-02

Created 2017-07-02
Last Updated 2017-09-23
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	6984
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	4202963   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	7244
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	4202964   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	7260
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	4202965   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	7204
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	4202966   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	7034
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	4202967   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	6888
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	4202968   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	6690
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	4202969   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	6404
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	4202970  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Garv Maggu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Garv Maggu Ad-Free

2nd July 2017, 08:11 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi NCR
Thanks Meter: 518

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
SCREENSHOTS - HERE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Garv Maggu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Garv Maggu Ad-Free
2nd July 2017, 08:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi NCR

Donate to Me
More
Reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to Garv Maggu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Garv Maggu Ad-Free
4th July 2017, 06:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
ROM is very smooth. I am getting network only on 2nd sim and that also always 3G. Other than that no problem with anything. Thanks for this ROM
5th July 2017, 03:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Please post screenshots, Make sure dual sim 2g and 3g working, Stable at all cases?
Please post screenshots, Make sure dual sim 2g and 3g working, Stable at all cases?
5th July 2017, 04:55 AM |#6  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 1,199

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa1 hack1

for screenshots, maybe op will upload it later or you can try it by yourself. for Dual SIM it's depend only from dual sim user, are you know that OP is dual or single sim user? I mean if OP is single sim, then i think he can't predict this will work or not on dual sim. Since our device is already long leave from device maintainer, so you need to test it by yourself and following the procedure and i think this ROM is fully based on AOSP not lineage, so patch for dual sim will work if OP used blobs from our device maintainer. But i don't know from TheMuppets blobs.
So, please try it before you asked many question here. If you've problem, some member or OP itself will try to solve it. And for stability, you can see status of this ROM. Alpha,Beta or Stable, so please read whole thread and check main post before comment or post thread.
5th July 2017, 01:47 PM |#7  

More
@pa1 hack1 I have provided screenshots. If anybody has any other questions please feel free. And @Nicklas Van Dam Regarding dual sim can we help op by providing some logs or anything?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170705-071808.png
Views:	1252
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	4202292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170705-071839.png
Views:	1184
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	4202293   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170705-071905.png
Views:	1238
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	4202294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170705-071851.png
Views:	1196
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	4202295  
5th July 2017, 03:00 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thank you developers, battery drain is very fast compared to original build, Microphone problem during call also persists
6th July 2017, 02:16 AM |#9  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 1,199

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you developers, battery drain is very fast compared to original build, Microphone problem during call also persists

what you're mean by original build? stock rom by sony or custom lineage or aosp nougat? if you're compare it from stock ROM then you're not think about upgrading os without upgrading your current battery. And battery life itself can't survive or give same result in a times, because battery degradation . Microphone problem maybe from XOSP build, you can provide logcat when you receive a call and give that log to OP.
And please be polite on this forum, give a log or explain problem with clear explanation is needed here if you're new or not really understand about your current problem.
I don't know why, but some of new member on here not can't give clear detail about problem and said worse for some thread.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhjadeja007

@pa1 hack1 I have provided screenshots. If anybody has any other questions please feel free. And @Nicklas Van Dam Regarding dual sim can we help op by providing some logs or anything?

you can help by provide logcat, i think KMSG or logcat. for kmsg or logcat, you can create easy from kernel adiutor app and go to settings or advance menu and choose create logcat,KSMG or DMESG if developers need it.
And maybe you can send PM to dev about your current problem if that problem is critical, i'm still search about this current problem too. But i'm not sure about it, since i don't have dual sim device.
6th July 2017, 02:43 AM |#10  

More
---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Well I confirmed with other users and it seems like there is not a problem with dual sim patch. patch works fine but problem is maybe the procedure I follow or something else. Need to find out that.
6th July 2017, 08:08 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi NCR

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ROM is very smooth. I am getting network only on 2nd sim and that also always 3G. Other than that no problem with anything. Thanks for this ROM

Quote:

Yes, Dual SIM is working fine.
In SIM 1 - 2G is working fine.
In SIM 2 - Both 2G and 3G are working fine.
For proof, you can check the screenshots here.
Make sure to flash the patch here if you are a dual sim user.
Quote:

Battery life is fine for me on this ROM. Check your battery stats and use the in-built Battery Adviser to check what's the issue. And there is no microphone problem during call, it is working fine, I tested it out myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklas Van Dam

for screenshots, maybe op will upload it later or you can try it by yourself. for Dual SIM it's depend only from dual sim user, are you know that OP is dual or single sim user? I mean if OP is single sim, then i think he can't predict this will work or not on dual sim. Since our device is already long leave from device maintainer, so you need to test it by yourself and following the procedure and i think this ROM is fully based on AOSP not lineage, so patch for dual sim will work if OP used blobs from our device maintainer. But i don't know from TheMuppets blobs.
So, please try it before you asked many question here. If you've problem, some member or OP itself will try to solve it. And for stability, you can see status of this ROM. Alpha,Beta or Stable, so please read whole thread and check main post before comment or post thread.

Yeah, I have the Dual SIM variant C2004 and screenshots are added.
Quote:

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Well I confirmed with other users and it seems like there is not a problem with dual sim patch. patch works fine but problem is maybe the procedure I follow or something else. Need to find out that.

Dual SIM is working fine, check the screenshots here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garv Maggu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Garv Maggu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)