FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEVELOPMENT STOPPED][ROM] Z4 eXPERIence (LOCKED / UNLOCKED BL)

2,007 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,684

By linuxct, Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor on 12th April 2015, 11:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hello there!
Today I'm presenting you my first ROM, Z4 eXPERIence, using the latest Sony UI NXT8 (used by the M4 Aqua and the Z4).
This rom has a special feature, and it's that it's made for both locked and unlocked bootloaders, having both advantages and disadvantages.
In the absence of lollipop for the M2, it's great at least to have their updated UI.

LiTE Edition (3.0) Features:

- Stock based, 18.3.1.C.1.17, Deodexed, rooted, zipaligned and with SuperUserMod.
- Implemented using the theme "Material NXT 2.6" from niaboc79, modded by me.
- Icon pack ported by me to all apps. (So that there aren't any apps with old icons).
- Implemented the 'Update Centre', Launcher (with transparent Google app), Z3+ Live wallpaper, and the Digital Clock Widget from the Xperia Z3, modded to work on M2.
- All apps updated to day 11/07/15, so that we don't have to wait until Google Play Store updates them
- It's more fluid, more stable and the size has been reduced considerably. The system has been optimized the most I could.
- IT DOESN'T USE XPOSED.
- And the recovery included in the rom is PhilZ Touch 6.59.

Complete Edition (2.0) Features:

- Stock Based, 18.3.1.C.1.15, Deodexed and Rooted.
- Implemented using the theme "Material NXT 2.6" from niaboc79, modded by me.
- Icon pack ported by me to all apps. (So that there aren't any apps with old icons).
- Implemented the 'Update Centre', Launcher (with transparent Google app) and the Digital Clock Widget from the Xperia Z3, modded to work on M2.
- All apps updated to day 13/05/15, so that we don't have to wait until Google Play Store updates them
- Installed by default these Xposed modules:
1. Flat Style Colored Bars, to give a more Lollipopish style to the notifications and buttons bars.
2. GravityBox, configured to decrease the DPI of the button bar to a 75%, apart from the Advanced Poweroff menu and the expandable volume panel.
3. Xperia Xposed, to adjust some tweaks of the launcher, like double-tap to lock the screen, and for the SuperUserMod (Required by the theme).
4. And lastly, even though it's not a module, I also included Xperia Digital Clock Widget from ra3al, for the clock widget on the lockscreen.
- Using the soundpack and the official wallpapers from the Z4 Tablet.
- And the recovery included in the rom is PhilZ Touch 6.59.

DOWNLOADS:

LiTE EDITION (3.0):
COMPLETE EDITION (2.0):

Z4 eXPERIence 2.0 (MEGA) - https://mega.co.nz/#!jtpHnIQL!VoavM8...rySwS-wRRlIXVg
Patch for D2302 (compatible with 2.0): https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-4j...p=docslist_api new!

Old versions:

What version you should choose?
Quote:

- If you are looking for a complete rom, with all Sony stock Apps and with an appearance the most similar possible to the Xperia Z4, the you should choose the Complete Edition (2.0)

- But, if you're looking for a stable and fluid rom, and you can go without some not so important features, like colored statusbars and the xposed modules, then you should go for the LiTE Edition (3.0)

Install Instructions: (WARNING: NOT WORKING IN D2305).
- Flash an FTF of the compilation 18.3.1.C.1.17, like this one (https://mega.co.nz/#!GsxWjSzS!vUutnx...FjzJ7xMuxFOfmM)
- Root and then install PhilZ recovery using this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...touch-t3072833
- Copy the nxt8-z4experienceX_X.zip to your SD-card or Internal Memory. Reboot your device and when you see blue/cyan LED while in the Sony Logo, tap many times the Vol- button.
- Go to Wipe and Format and do a factory reset. After that, go to Custom Format Options and format /system.
- Go back and choose Install Zip, Choose from /sdcard if it is in the Internal Memory or /sdcard1 if it's in the SD.
- Choose the nxt8-z4experienceX_X.zip and install it. After 4~5 minutes it will be ready to go
- If you have a Xperia M2 Dual Sim variant, apply the patch for your device plus the WiFi patch in case it's not working for you. (Thanks to @RTz_GauRaV & @FunSucker for doing it)
- Reboot and, in case you installed version 3.0, install the Base theme update apk normally (via a file explorer).
- Enjoy

Changelog:

· Version 3.0 [LiTE Edition] (latest):
- Updated to base .17 (Customized IT), deodexed, zipaligned and with SuperUserMod.
- Apps updated to date 11/07/2015.
- Weight reduced a 70%. Some stock apps have been deleted. Now, it's more stable and it's easier to download (700mb only).
- It's more fluid than the Stock Rom itself.
- Boot is now faster.
- New bootanimation.
- Deleted Google Play Bug.

· Version 2.0 [Complete Edition]:
- Updated to new base .15 (Customized PT), deodexed, rooted & zipaligned.
- Updated the base theme of the rom, with new wallpapers.
- All apps updated to day 11/05, to avoid waiting to update the apps at Google Play.
- Added Bravia Engine / X-Reality by petition of many users.
- Boot times optimized.
- New bootanimation, based in Sony's stock bootanimation.
- And, probably the most exciting news... There's no lag! Now the rom is as fluid as Stock .15. (Ofc, if you don't overload it with a bunch of apps :P)
- Also, it doesn't get as warm as before (that happened to me a lot before while charging, for example).
- And lastly, I've included in the 2nd post a link to a Mega folder with various plugins for the rom, like the Z3 Lockscreen and some mods to systemUI and Framework made by @Dzepar (Thanks m8!).

· Bugfixes for 1.1:
Corrected some problems with Liveware Manager & Sony Entrance.

· Version 1.1:
Fixed some bugs that made the rom unstable. First public release.

· Version 1.0:
Initial version.

Known bugs:

- (2.0) Google Play Store always returns an error while trying to install an App. (Error "RPC:S-7:AEC-7 <Serial Number>")
+ It's a very weird and uncommon error, because it's induced by the Google Account.
To solve it, go to Settings, Apps, and in All tab, look for Google Play Framework and clear it's data.
Now look for Google Play Services, clic on Administrate Storage, and, at the end, tap on Clear all Data.
Finally look for Google Play Store and clear it's data. Now reboot your device.
If it has been solved, then that's it.
But if it didn't, unlink your Google Account and Sign in again.
If Play Store is still returning errors like 'Not connected, check your connection', try switching between WiFi and Mobile Data.
Try also to Force close the Play Store.

Tutorial to install the ROM (remember to turn on the captions as I speak in Spanish ):
Screenshots:

LiTE Edition (3.0)

Complete Edition (2.0):

Special Thanks to:
RTz_GauRaV for the D2302 patch, Droidpro for the header, AleksJ for the recovery, niaboc79 his awesome Theme and rocapillon, Andres_vlc & Marín for being my betatesters.
Oh, and I forgot to mention, but the rom is opened for any suggestion. Scripts, mods, anything, provided that it follows the Rom style!

Enjoy!
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free

12th April 2015, 11:04 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor & Social Contributor
Flag BCN

Donate to Me
More
Plugins for the ROM ;)
Starting from version 2.0, I've decided to create a MEGA folder with some tweaks that users sent me over the forums. Just like I said in OP, the rom is opened for any suggestion and, if it's possible, I like to include them, inside the ROM or as, in this case, add-ons.

Until now, this is what we got:
Z3 LOCKSCREEN by xezrunner
SYSTEM UI WITH CENTERED CLOCK BY Dzepar
SMALL APPS TWEAKS by Dzepar
FRAMEWORK MODS (WITH REBOOT OPTION - NO XPOSED) by Dzepar
BLACK SOMCPHONE by Dzepar
NEW OFFICIAL Z4 eXPERIence BOOTANIMATION by me new!
Z3+ LIVE WALLPAPER by LinuxCT, AleksJ and lee480 / a.hamameh96 new!

You can download them from: MEGA

In every folder I've specified if they are flashable, and in case they weren't, the route where install the files.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 12:22 PM |#3  
Flag Catania
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Super, SUPER, more beautiful, congratulations, i'm download and test this... Thank you, but, is possible port firmware of Z3-Z4? For the Xperia U there are a firmware of Z2!!
The Following User Says Thank You to AssoDiPicche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AssoDiPicche Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 12:31 PM |#4  
Flag BCN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssoDiPicche

Super, SUPER, more beautiful, congratulations, i'm download and test this... Thank you, but, is possible port firmware of Z3-Z4? For the Xperia U there are a firmware of Z2!!

Oh, that would be nice, but IDK if it would be possible in locked bootloaders (stock based)
Will look for more info about that.
12th April 2015, 12:38 PM |#5  
Flag Catania

More
Scuse me, it's for the Xperia 2011 line, link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799730
Is possible for Xperia M2? Thank in advance.
12th April 2015, 12:41 PM |#6  
Flag Internety
Thanks Meter: 1,743

More
This "rom"...
12th April 2015, 12:50 PM |#7  
Flag BCN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lozohcum

This "rom"...

Ok, I know I didn't modified a bunch of things, but the goal of this is having a rom, or at least a set of mods, for people with locked bootloader, this cannot be compared with the work of erikcas, galaxyfreak and many others!
It's just my contribution for those who can't use those roms, and at least have something to choose from...
The Following User Says Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 01:40 PM |#8  
Flag BCN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Scuse me, it's for the Xperia 2011 line, link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799730
Is possible for Xperia M2? Thank in advance.

Will look into that
The Following User Says Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 04:43 PM |#9  
Flag BCN

Donate to Me
More
The rom is working fine in M2 Aqua D2403, proofs: (original post in spanish)
Installed in the M2 Aqua D2403, all working perfectly fine��.

Photo in the attachment (check the top left corner flap for the 3.5mm headphone jack..)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anbla8oEASe5F4FOT2LamjrXa8BI_x3xTva4-ZrGclEB.jpg
Views:	3244
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	3258598  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxct For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift linuxct Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 05:12 PM |#10  
Flag Catania

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...-cm11-t2832094 please in next build add this, thank you!!

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to AssoDiPicche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AssoDiPicche Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 05:15 PM |#11  
Flag BCN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...-cm11-t2832094 please in next build add this, thank you!!

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Free mobile app

Uh, I hate that lockscreen with those stars... But it's the actual lockscreen from the M4, so I will consider it.

EDIT: Also, seems a little buggy: "-Screen Lock "Password" will not work with this mod. so earlier if u r using Password screen lock mode please change it before installtion.".
Will try porting and if no bugs, will include it, @AssoDiPicche
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)