[DEVELOPMENT STOPPED][ROM] Z4 eXPERIence (LOCKED / UNLOCKED BL)

Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
D2302 m2 dual
i got mismatch when i installed it
10854436_1617400101807728_5452443634333035906_o.jpg

i tried to flash my stock kernal and it shows a mismatch ..
then i tried to flash Fkernal that developed by freack v1.4.7 that supports all models and i also got mismatch ...
it's a good rom but unfortunately i can't test :(

Yes, I saw some people with D2305 that showed also non-compatible.
Flash your system again, sorry, there's almost nothing I can do.
Sorry :(

LaputaCake

Apr 9, 2013
Yes, I saw some people with D2305 that showed also non-compatible.
Flash your system again, sorry, there's almost nothing I can do.
Sorry :(

After flashing system.sin I can't get back into philz without having to repeat the whole process. Can that be helped or is just what happens?

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
After flashing system.sin I can't get back into philz without having to repeat the whole process. Can that be helped or is just what happens?

Check that philz, as it's a LBL recovery, it's not in the kernel, it uses e2fsck to replace in the boot and then load. So, if you flash system, then recovery is lost (that wouldn't happen in ULB recovery, as it's in the kernel...)
Sorry to say, but.. Yes you might have to redone that proccess, sorry.

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
i did that i flashed my stock and get the root permissions again .. can u give me the guide that u used to make this rom ?? or how can i make a rom like that port icons and themes and every thing ?

I installed the niaboc79 theme, most of the icons are inside that theme, in the res folder inside the apk, other that wheren't inside I pick up from backups of deodexed apps of the z3 (Update centre is also from z3). The rest is all specified in the thread, all modules and widgets used. The launcher is this one (modded by me): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1k2IwBoVgfFNmFDT1ZuN2JrQVU/view?usp=sharing
Wallpaper from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/aem7h777o89e4ha/Sony-Z4-Tablet-Stock-Wallpapers.zip...

If you decide to mod it, you can make a CWM backup and upload it, so that I can make it flashable and anyone with 02 can have it :D

Reactions: Mina Mngawy

Mina Mngawy

Apr 5, 2014
Cairo
www.geekgates.com
I installed the niaboc79 theme, most of the icons are inside that theme, in the res folder inside the apk, other that wheren't inside I pick up from backups of deodexed apps of the z3 (Update centre is also from z3). The rest is all specified in the thread, all modules and widgets used. The launcher is this one (modded by me): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1k2IwBoVgfFNmFDT1ZuN2JrQVU/view?usp=sharing
Wallpaper from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/aem7h777o89e4ha/Sony-Z4-Tablet-Stock-Wallpapers.zip...

If you decide to mod it, you can make a CWM backup and upload it, so that I can make it flashable and anyone with 02 can have it :D

the home.apk i install it as normal apk or replace it in system ?? and it'll work without any problems right ??
if i decided to upload a backup i'll be killing my self :D i'm in egypt i have a really slow slow slow slow very slow and i repeat SLOW internet connection :D :D
i downloaded your rom in exactly 8h and 30m :D and to have a good internet connection i have to pay very very much :crying:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
the home.apk i install it as normal apk or replace it in system ?? and it'll work without any problems right ??
if i decided to upload a backup i'll be killing my self :D i'm in egypt i have a really slow slow slow slow very slow and i repeat SLOW internet connection :D :D
i downloaded your rom in exactly 8h and 30m :D and to have a good internet connection i have to pay very very much :crying:

Ah, right, no problem so.
Home, I'd better replace in /system. :good:

Reactions: Mina Mngawy

LaputaCake

Apr 9, 2013
Check that philz, as it's a LBL recovery, it's not in the kernel, it uses e2fsck to replace in the boot and then load. So, if you flash system, then recovery is lost (that wouldn't happen in ULB recovery, as it's in the kernel...)
Sorry to say, but.. Yes you might have to redone that proccess, sorry.

Ok, I'll report back with the MD5 tommorow

--

eac144943e2e08bd7f9b4d5e979fd4a3

Last edited:
Reactions: linuxct

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Last edited:
Reactions: LaputaCake

LaputaCake

Apr 9, 2013
Yes, that MD5 matches.
EDIT: Also, check here http://xdaforums.com/xperia-m2/help/qa-z4-experience-locked-unlocked-bl-t3080542/page2 messages 11 and 18. He was having same isssue and after correct download should be OK. And as md5 matches, all should be fine. Also, try renaming to update.zip and place it in the root of the sdcard.

Maybe it's because I was using the internal memory. I shall try using sideload. If not I'll try installing from SD card

LaputaCake

Apr 9, 2013
Yes, that MD5 matches.
EDIT: Also, check here http://xdaforums.com/xperia-m2/help/qa-z4-experience-locked-unlocked-bl-t3080542/page2 messages 11 and 18. He was having same isssue and after correct download should be OK. And as md5 matches, all should be fine. Also, try renaming to update.zip and place it in the root of the sdcard.

Sideload may fail since file is too large. Try better from ext sdcard

Will do.

--

It worked. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: linuxct

h4x0rm1k3

Apr 22, 2011
Seems to work fine on bootloader locked M2 Aqua Vodafone UK. Only thing that i've found not working so far is the AR effect, it stops working both trying to open app and trying to use in camera app. Also, camera seems a bit grainy where it wasn't previously, may just be because it's indorrs and time of night so will try again in the daylight. Any idea how to remove the AR effect app 'cos I probably wouldn't use it anyway but can't find the option in the apps section. Overall though, great 1st rom, keep it up and if you manage to get any kind of lollipop (AOSP or other) working with camera functions i'm sure that myself and thousands of others would love you forever! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hello there!
    Today I'm presenting you my first ROM, Z4 eXPERIence, using the latest Sony UI NXT8 (used by the M4 Aqua and the Z4).
    This rom has a special feature, and it's that it's made for both locked and unlocked bootloaders, having both advantages and disadvantages.
    In the absence of lollipop for the M2, it's great at least to have their updated UI. :cowboy:

LiTE Edition (3.0) Features:

- Stock based, 18.3.1.C.1.17, Deodexed, rooted, zipaligned and with SuperUserMod.
    - Implemented using the theme "Material NXT 2.6" from niaboc79, modded by me.
    - Icon pack ported by me to all apps. (So that there aren't any apps with old icons).
    - Implemented the 'Update Centre', Launcher (with transparent Google app), Z3+ Live wallpaper, and the Digital Clock Widget from the Xperia Z3, modded to work on M2.
    - All apps updated to day 11/07/15, so that we don't have to wait until Google Play Store updates them :)
    - It's more fluid, more stable and the size has been reduced considerably. The system has been optimized the most I could.
    - IT DOESN'T USE XPOSED.
    - And the recovery included in the rom is PhilZ Touch 6.59.

Complete Edition (2.0) Features:

- Stock Based, 18.3.1.C.1.15, Deodexed and Rooted.
    - Implemented using the theme "Material NXT 2.6" from niaboc79, modded by me.
    - Icon pack ported by me to all apps. (So that there aren't any apps with old icons).
    - Implemented the 'Update Centre', Launcher (with transparent Google app) and the Digital Clock Widget from the Xperia Z3, modded to work on M2.
    - All apps updated to day 13/05/15, so that we don't have to wait until Google Play Store updates them :)
    - Installed by default these Xposed modules:
    1. Flat Style Colored Bars, to give a more Lollipopish style to the notifications and buttons bars.
    2. GravityBox, configured to decrease the DPI of the button bar to a 75%, apart from the Advanced Poweroff menu and the expandable volume panel.
    3. Xperia Xposed, to adjust some tweaks of the launcher, like double-tap to lock the screen, and for the SuperUserMod (Required by the theme).
    4. And lastly, even though it's not a module, I also included Xperia Digital Clock Widget from ra3al, for the clock widget on the lockscreen.
    - Using the soundpack and the official wallpapers from the Z4 Tablet.
    - And the recovery included in the rom is PhilZ Touch 6.59.

DOWNLOADS:
    What version you should choose?
    - If you are looking for a complete rom, with all Sony stock Apps and with an appearance the most similar possible to the Xperia Z4, the you should choose the Complete Edition (2.0)

- But, if you're looking for a stable and fluid rom, and you can go without some not so important features, like colored statusbars and the xposed modules, then you should go for the LiTE Edition (3.0)

Install Instructions: (WARNING: NOT WORKING IN D2305).
    - Flash an FTF of the compilation 18.3.1.C.1.17, like this one (https://mega.co.nz/#!GsxWjSzS!vUutnx15R9GjPW-NPjMXld_tNNOvNFjzJ7xMuxFOfmM)
    - Root and then install PhilZ recovery using this guide http://xdaforums.com/xperia-m2/general/xperia-m2-aua-2403-root-philz-touch-t3072833
    - Copy the nxt8-z4experienceX_X.zip to your SD-card or Internal Memory. Reboot your device and when you see blue/cyan LED while in the Sony Logo, tap many times the Vol- button.
    - Go to Wipe and Format and do a factory reset. After that, go to Custom Format Options and format /system.
    - Go back and choose Install Zip, Choose from /sdcard if it is in the Internal Memory or /sdcard1 if it's in the SD.
    - Choose the nxt8-z4experienceX_X.zip and install it. After 4~5 minutes it will be ready to go :)
    - If you have a Xperia M2 Dual Sim variant, apply the patch for your device plus the WiFi patch in case it's not working for you. (Thanks to @RTz_GauRaV & @FunSucker for doing it)
    - Reboot and, in case you installed version 3.0, install the Base theme update apk normally (via a file explorer).
    - Enjoy :)

Changelog:

· Version 3.0 [LiTE Edition] (latest):
    - Updated to base .17 (Customized IT), deodexed, zipaligned and with SuperUserMod.
    - Apps updated to date 11/07/2015.
    - Weight reduced a 70%. Some stock apps have been deleted. Now, it's more stable and it's easier to download (700mb only).
    - It's more fluid than the Stock Rom itself.
    - Boot is now faster.
    - New bootanimation.
    - Deleted Google Play Bug.

· Version 2.0 [Complete Edition]:
    - Updated to new base .15 (Customized PT), deodexed, rooted & zipaligned.
    - Updated the base theme of the rom, with new wallpapers.
    - All apps updated to day 11/05, to avoid waiting to update the apps at Google Play.
    - Added Bravia Engine / X-Reality by petition of many users.
    - Boot times optimized.
    - New bootanimation, based in Sony's stock bootanimation.
    - And, probably the most exciting news... There's no lag! Now the rom is as fluid as Stock .15. (Ofc, if you don't overload it with a bunch of apps :p)
    - Also, it doesn't get as warm as before (that happened to me a lot before while charging, for example).
    - And lastly, I've included in the 2nd post a link to a Mega folder with various plugins for the rom, like the Z3 Lockscreen and some mods to systemUI and Framework made by @Dzepar (Thanks m8!).

· Bugfixes for 1.1:
    Corrected some problems with Liveware Manager & Sony Entrance.

· Version 1.1:
    Fixed some bugs that made the rom unstable. First public release.

· Version 1.0:
    Initial version.

Known bugs:

- (2.0) Google Play Store always returns an error while trying to install an App. (Error "RPC:S-7:AEC-7 <Serial Number>")
    + It's a very weird and uncommon error, because it's induced by the Google Account.
    To solve it, go to Settings, Apps, and in All tab, look for Google Play Framework and clear it's data.
    Now look for Google Play Services, clic on Administrate Storage, and, at the end, tap on Clear all Data.
    Finally look for Google Play Store and clear it's data. Now reboot your device.
    If it has been solved, then that's it.
    But if it didn't, unlink your Google Account and Sign in again.
    If Play Store is still returning errors like 'Not connected, check your connection', try switching between WiFi and Mobile Data.
    Try also to Force close the Play Store.

Tutorial to install the ROM (remember to turn on the captions as I speak in Spanish ;) ):

Screenshots:

LiTE Edition (3.0)

Complete Edition (2.0):

Special Thanks to:
    RTz_GauRaV for the D2302 patch, Droidpro for the header, AleksJ for the recovery, niaboc79 his awesome Theme and rocapillon, Andres_vlc & Marín for being my betatesters.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention, but the rom is opened for any suggestion. Scripts, mods, anything, provided that it follows the Rom style!

Enjoy! ;)
    Plugins for the ROM ;)

Starting from version 2.0, I've decided to create a MEGA folder with some tweaks that users sent me over the forums. Just like I said in OP, the rom is opened for any suggestion and, if it's possible, I like to include them, inside the ROM or as, in this case, add-ons.

Until now, this is what we got:
    Z3 LOCKSCREEN by xezrunner
    SYSTEM UI WITH CENTERED CLOCK BY Dzepar
    SMALL APPS TWEAKS by Dzepar
    FRAMEWORK MODS (WITH REBOOT OPTION - NO XPOSED) by Dzepar
    BLACK SOMCPHONE by Dzepar
    NEW OFFICIAL Z4 eXPERIence BOOTANIMATION by me new!
    Z3+ LIVE WALLPAPER by LinuxCT, AleksJ and lee480 / a.hamameh96 new!

You can download them from: MEGA

In every folder I've specified if they are flashable, and in case they weren't, the route where install the files.
    New version 3.0 added. Read the whole op before flashing anything ;)

Changelog:
    Version 3.0 [LiTE Edition]:
    - Updated to base .17 (Customized IT), deodexed, zipaligned and with SuperUserMod.
    - Apps updated to date 11/07/2015.
    - Weight reduced a 70%. Some stock apps have been deleted. Now, it's more stable and it's easier to download (700mb only).
    - It's more fluid than the Stock Rom itself.
    - Boot is now faster.
    - New bootanimation.
    - Deleted Google Play Bug.

Enjoy! :)
    Slight status update

As you might already know, there's going to be a new update for our devices coming soon, the 18.3.1.C.1.15.
    I expect this update will fix the battery drain problems, so if the update works fine, I'll update the rom to that Base.
    Regarding the lockscreen, the one @DavidMKD wrote about some posts ago works fine BUT the particle effect only works if the wallpaper chosen is the Experience Flow...
    So what I'm going to do is include it as an optional. If you want it, then just flash an apart zip with the new apk and that's it, and if not then just install the rom and reboot normally...

If I'm not busy with exams, when the update comes out, I'll try it out and update the rom ASAP :)
    Version 2.0 released to all ;)

Changelog:
    - Updated to new base .15 (Customized PT), deodexed, rooted & zipaligned.
    - Updated the base theme of the rom, with new wallpapers.
    - All apps updated to day 11/05, to avoid waiting to update the apps at Google Play.
    - Added Bravia Engine / X-Reality by petition of many users.
    - Boot times optimized.
    - New bootanimation, based in Sony's stock bootanimation.
    - And, probably the most exciting news... There's no lag! Now the rom is as fluid as Stock .15. (Ofc, if you don't overload it with a bunch of apps :p)
    - Also, it doesn't get as warm as before (that happened to me a lot before while charging, for example).
    - And lastly, I've included in the 2nd post a link to a Mega folder with various plugins for the rom, like the Z3 Lockscreen and some mods to systemUI and Framework made by @Dzepar (Thanks m8!).

DOWNLOAD: OP

Enjoy! :cool: