Camera Quality Comparison - 18.6.A.0.182 vs 18.6.A.0.175 [PICS]

Are you satisfied with Camera Quality after updating?

• Total voters
Search This thread

SpectreXM8

Oct 22, 2012
And what the flying f*ck does your opinion on Sony phones have anything to do with this thread? This is a discussion regarding camera quality between different software versions, nobody cares about your offtopic.
@linuxct - I presume those pics of the olive tree are not in the same day or same time of day, because the lighting looks different. Am i right ?

Last edited:

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
@linuxct - I presume those pics of the olive tree are not in the same day or same time of day, because the lighting looks different. Am i right ?

Yes, they're from the same day. The time difference was of about 15-20 minutes, the time I needed to make a TWRP backup of current ROM, restore my old TWRP backup with old camera blobs and take the shot. The color difference you notice is the blob itself. You can have a look too on the EXIF data :)

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
Yes, they're from the same day. The time difference was of about 15-20 minutes, the time I needed to make a TWRP backup of current ROM, restore my old TWRP backup with old camera blobs and take the shot. The color difference you notice is the blob itself. You can have a look too on the EXIF data :)

I just checked the daylight pictures. Was it so grainy? I don't use the camera much (and there was not point on using it with the crappy .175 quality either), but in the few tests I did my pictures were heavily smeared, never grainy.

Anyway, I did a couple of tests myself. It's not worth to post the pictures, one is just a stupid water bottle and I don't have steady hands either. :D

The small text on the bottle is quite clear, now, no trace of smearing. And in the pictures or the cars I took from my window now the license plates are readable (well, they would be if there wasn't some motion blur!!). Same ugly weather in both (miserable gray). It seems ok by me.

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
I just checked the daylight pictures. Was it so grainy? I don't use the camera much (and there was not point on using it with the crappy .175 quality either), but in the few tests I did my pictures were heavily smeared, never grainy.

Anyway, I did a couple of tests myself. It's not worth to post the pictures, one is just a stupid water bottle and I don't have steady hands either. :D

The small text on the bottle is quite clear, now, no trace of smearing. And in the pictures or the cars I took from my window now the license plates are readable (well, they would be if there wasn't some motion blur!!). Same ugly weather in both (miserable gray). It seems ok by me.

Maybe because of the camera config: I always shot them using Automatic Superior mode, in 8mpx, using Z5 v2 camera, maybe that can be related.

furanku san

Jan 6, 2016
Sounds crazy to some

I want to flash the Kitkat camera. 182 update is still not as good. How can a noob do this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it's pretty much self explanatory. Before you ask, yeah, it has improved waaaay much. Please check here if you want to patch your current rom (Stock .175, deodexed, or Z5 STYLE) with Sony's Camera Fixes.

Near object:
    Before
    MqJUVwo.jpg

NOW
    0VyrE5L.jpg

Not-so-near object:
    Before
    8R9qXz9.jpg

NOW
    HXWWSKy.jpg

Computer Screen (very near)
    Before
    gm4xmGt.jpg

NOW
    vz5YnUg.jpg

My Raspberry
    Before
    4ClTjMA.jpg

NOW (reflections increased!)
    F1jdlN9.jpg

Added 31/12/2015 - Daylight pictures. Note that 'After' (NOW) images have less grain, but they look more purplish I'd say (and way crispier). :p

My olive:
    Before
    S2suC06.jpg

NOW
    mxRDi95.jpg

My garden:
    Before
    xdkZxYe.jpg

NOW
    GoyMkwS.jpg

I'll update tomorrow with daylight pics (my garden for example)
    Ah, ok. But where did that TWRP backup come from? Who/which Country has got the update? Plus wasn't the OTA 280MB or something? Your zip is less than 2MB? This feels like the wait for Lollipop all over (with much less hype, sure! :D).

The backup came from a D2306, Generic Latam device, from @FalleN_lMaster (as you can see inside it, Chargemon is pointing to MultiRecovery, and there are some traces of Kingroot in system, so when I first downloaded it I deleted them).

And yes, update was 280MB, but take into account ALL .odex, plus some APKs, and ALL LIBS were new (as WinMerge reported), so, maybe that's the thing... And, instead of replacing all of them when making the zip (which returns a bootloop, by the way), I only replaced camera-related libs (all libchromatix, libcameraoem, camera.msm8226.so, Morpho Settings, etc). :)

I hope now all works for everyone as intended, and there're no more complains in the forum (but we all know that's impossible hah) :D
    This thread is right now on XDA Portal! Enjoy guys ^_^

OqS62PJ.jpg

6b3I1LS.jpg
    Nicely lit stills are all well and good, but are there any comparsons of indoors low light motion to see how "motion blur" fares? Ie, something as simple as a person waving their hand or turning their head?

Well, I've tried it but, except from the noise...

BEFORE
    B42ag0o.jpg

NOW
    YVGsLnp.jpg

[BTW, those are some headphones, with red LEDs, bouncing...]
    New pics for comparison, now on daylight conditions

So, as I said in OP, here are some pictures of daylight conditions. Note that 'after' images have less grain, but they look more purplish I'd say (and way crispier). :p

My olive:
    Before
    S2suC06.jpg

NOW
    mxRDi95.jpg

My garden:
    Before
    xdkZxYe.jpg

NOW
    GoyMkwS.jpg