I'm very happy to announce you that, thanks to iovyroot, and with a lot of help from zxz0O0, we managed to get a new root binary working on the Sony Xperia M2, meaning we don't actually need to use Kingroot anymore to root LBL devices under Lollipop (18.6.A.0.182, and probably 18.6.A.0.175 too)
- Stock kernel, from Sony's stock firmware 18.6.A.0.182, Linux version 3.4.0-gc82e70f based.
- ADB enabled
Settings -> About phone -> Click 7 times on Android Build to unlock Developer options, and USB Debbuging
- ADB drivers installed (you can pick them from Sony Mobile's website)
- Material Terminal, from Yaroslav Shevchuk, if you want to do the root process right from your device.
You can get it on Google Play or APKmirror
- Download the tool
- Extract the files
- Execute the install.bat with a double click if you're on Windows, or simply do "sh install_mobile.sh" on Material Terminal (remember to use cd /path/to/where/you/placed/it to change to the folder were you extracted the files)
- Wait until the process ends. Your device will reboot automatically
Download: Version 2016/05/31
Please, consider donating (or at least saying thanks!) to the people involved in the project if this tool was useful to you! zxz0O0, Cubeundcube, AleksJ & myself
Special thanks to:
- @zxz0O0 for iovyroot and his help
- @cubeundcube for his rootkitXperia scripts
- @AleksJ for providing copymodulecrc, ric_mod and testing
Enjoy! That kitty is a bad kitty!
EagleRootTool (Root any Xperia M2 in 5.1.1, LBL & UBL), Tool/Utility for the Sony Xperia M2
Current Beta Version: 2016/05/31
Beta Release Date: 2016-05-31
Last Updated 2016-12-17